• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Ginyu Force Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
So in hopes of coming up with some future matchups, I decided to give the Ginyu Force page a look since I hadn't done so in a bit and noticed a few things were off. This won't be in regards to power levels or abilities, just the actual team related stuff. Lets get into it

Teamwork and Team Attacks
Due to constantly going from one mission to an other over the years, all members of the Ginyu Force have a close friendship with each other. The team is able to work together with usually no problems and are also able to combine their attacks to create several devastating combos. Jeice and Burter share a close bond, as their attacks are usually synchronized.

The middle section seems to be a huge contradiction to the team. Keep in kind, this page is only taking into account the manga, but these "devastating attacks" that can be found in the techniques section originate from non-canon sources

• Ginyu Storm: Ginyu kicks his foe up into the air, then Recoome, Burter, Jeice, and Guldo jump on Ginyu's foe. After this, the team performs their own stance and complete it, inflicting high damage.
  • Special Fighting Assault: Captain Ginyu orders his team to attack starting with Guldo who attacks with Psycho Javelin while Recoome attacks with his Recoome Eraser Gun which hit the opponent located in- between them. Then Burter uses Blue Hurricane to lift the opponent up as Jeice fires a Crusher Ball that hits the helpless opponent. Finally Captain Ginyu finishes the attack with his Milky Cannon.

The first comes from Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 while the other comes from Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. Essentially they can't be used. Its also worth mentioning that coordination wise, only the Ginyu + Jeice and the Jeice + Burter combos are where we see the most team coordination. This is more consistent with the canon, given Burter and Jeice seem to be closer friendship wise, as well as how Jeice is a fairly loyal and capable member of the Ginyu Force. Basically, the idea that the team combine their attacks constantly isn't exactly true

I propose that we change the teamwork section. That way, we can more clearly represent their competency as a unit. My suggestions are the following:

Teamwork: Due to constantly going from one mission to an other over the years, all members of the Ginyu Force have a great deal of experience as a unit and understand one another's abilities very well. For example, when retrieving the Dragon Balls from Vegeta, Gohan, and Krillin, Ginyu effectively had Guldo and Burter use their signature abilities to nab them before they could react. Each member are loyal to their leader, never hesitating to follow Ginyu's orders. The team as a whole are never seen fighting as one, often having one or two members attack a set of opponents at once. That said, Jeice and Burter share a close bond, as their attacks are the most synchronized of the group and will communicate with each other via Scouters should they be further apart. Ginyu and Jeice have also displayed coordination together, either attacking an opponent together, or splitting off so that Ginyu can take on a majority of enemies while Jeice deals with just one.

And while we're at it, here's how I'd alter the weaknesses section:

Weaknesses: Though physically some of the strongest in the universe, the Ginyu Force's arrogant members priorities can provide roadblocks for overall efficiency. Performing their poses are of such personal importance that the loss of a Guldo had Recoome more worried about how their team pose would need to be altered. Aside from this, members have a habit of betting candy on fights and playing Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide the order they should fight in.

Additionally, the page notes down Purple Comet Hurricane twice. I think this is just a simple mistake, as I believe the repeated notation of it was supposed to refer to Purple Spiral Flash. Speaking of which, that's an anime exclusive technique, so this should also be removed

Overall, these are the changes I believe should be made to the page. Given this is only taking from the manga profiles, these should make things more consistent and I felt that expanding the teamwork section could give a better idea of how the Ginyu Force operates

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Alright I've added the revisions. Thanks to everyone who helped

Tokusentai

I'll close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back