• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ginyu Force vs The Guardians

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Flamboyant Squadron vs Fashionable Witches

I've been trying to find good matches for team W.I.T.C.H. and noticed we had a team profile for the Ginyu Force, so why not? 5 on 5, ki vs magic, ugly vs beautiful (they gonna rag on Guldo).

Match Rules

• Both teams are in character
  • Speed is equalized
  • Arc 7-11 Guardians (8-A)
  • Starting Distance: 100 meters

Ginyu Force (Captain Ginyu, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guldo):

GinyuTokusentai.png

Guardians (W.I.T.C.H.) (Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Cornelia Hale, Taranee Cook, Hay Lin):

The_Guardians_Rendered.png

Inconclusive:

Can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages?

I am interested in the match but I don't know either verse

Can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages?

I am interested in the match but I don't know either verse
Well if you don't have time to read the profiles, I'll try and write a brief summary of their advantages/disadvantages below.

The Ginyu Force

Advantages: They have the massive advantage in power since they are Moon level to Dwarf Star level while the Guardians being used in this match are only Multi-City Block level. So effectively, the Ginyu Force can one shot the Guardians with a single attack and can take any physical attack the Guardians throw at them. They should have better hand to hand combat experience (except probably Guldo) given their age and rank, they have better area of effect with their attacks so could catch the Guardians in a massive blast, and their scouters can locate the Guardias even if they turn invisible. As for individual abilities, Guldo has Time Stop but it doesn't last long since it's based on how long he can hold his breath (which isn't to long), and Ginyu has his Body Change ability which can swap with another person through a beam.

Disadvantages: They have no knowledge on the Guardians magical abilities and once their scouters show how weak the Guardians are in comparison, they'd underestimate them in the beginning (For example, Recoome wanting to take on everyone while Jeice and Burter simply watched even after they killed Guldo). They would give the Guardians the element of surprise as they have multiple methods of immediately discovering how power the Ginyu Force is and potentially land they less used hax.

The Guardians:

Advantages: While far weaker, the Guardians have a lot of abilities (although they utilize some more than others). Most of the team has transmutation which would allow them to turn the Ginyu Force into harmless animals but this is an out of character move with the possible exception being Irma but that's still not her go to move. To go over them individually, Will can sense energy and it's potency so she'll know the Ginyu Force is far stronger than them (especially with her Six Sense), she also can make barriers that can reflect attacks back with twice the power, and csn make magical cubes around herself and other that make them intangible. Irma's main useful thing is her hand wave Transmutation, while not her go to move, she's used it when trying to prove a point, when scared, or when playing around so it's possible it will come up eventually and incapacitate the Ginyu. Taranee has Telepathy/Mind Reading so she'll know what tactics the Ginyu Force might try and can relay that information to her team telepathically, she can also set objects on fire with a mere gaze (spontaneous combustion) and the Ginyu Force lack the needed heat resistance to survive. Hay Lin can put people to sleep with her voice and can construct illusions though though again these aren't go to moves

Disadvantages: They are horrible outmatched in terms of power, making any physical assault useless (one of their go to strategies), plus their stealth capabilities be it through Stealth Mastery or Invisibility is useless due the the Ginyu Force having scouters. Also, they don't utilize their more deadly hax in character against their opponents, examples being Energy Absorption, Transmutation (Excluding Irma but it's still not her first move), Existence Erasure, and Reality Warping.

Well if you don't have time to read the profiles, I'll try and write a brief summary of their advantages/disadvantages below.

The Ginyu Force

Advantages: They have the massive advantage in power since they are Moon level to Dwarf Star level while the Guardians being used in this match are only Multi-City Block level. So effectively, the Ginyu Force can one shot the Guardians with a single attack and can take any physical attack the Guardians throw at them. They should have better hand to hand combat experience (except probably Guldo) given their age and rank, they have better area of effect with their attacks so could catch the Guardians in a massive blast, and their scouters can locate the Guardias even if they turn invisible. As for individual abilities, Guldo has Time Stop but it doesn't last long since it's based on how long he can hold his breath (which isn't to long), and Ginyu has his Body Change ability which can swap with another person through a beam.

Disadvantages: They have no knowledge on the Guardians magical abilities and once their scouters show how weak the Guardians are in comparison, they'd underestimate them in the beginning (For example, Recoome wanting to take on everyone while Jeice and Burter simply watched even after they killed Guldo). They would give the Guardians the element of surprise as they have multiple methods of immediately discovering how power the Ginyu Force is and potentially land they less used hax.

The Guardians:

Advantages: While far weaker, the Guardians have a lot of abilities (although they utilize some more than others). Most of the team has transmutation which would allow them to turn the Ginyu Force into harmless animals but this is an out of character move with the possible exception being Irma but that's still not her go to move. To go over them individually, Will can sense energy and it's potency so she'll know the Ginyu Force is far stronger than them (especially with her Six Sense), she also can make barriers that can reflect attacks back with twice the power, and csn make magical cubes around herself and other that make them intangible. Irma's main useful thing is her hand wave Transmutation, while not her go to move, she's used it when trying to prove a point, when scared, or when playing around so it's possible it will come up eventually and incapacitate the Ginyu. Taranee has Telepathy/Mind Reading so she'll know what tactics the Ginyu Force might try and can relay that information to her team telepathically, she can also set objects on fire with a mere gaze (spontaneous combustion) and the Ginyu Force lack the needed heat resistance to survive. Hay Lin can put people to sleep with her voice and can construct illusions though though again these aren't go to moves

Disadvantages: They are horrible outmatched in terms of power, making any physical assault useless (one of their go to strategies), plus their stealth capabilities be it through Stealth Mastery or Invisibility is useless due the the Ginyu Force having scouters. Also, they don't utilize their more deadly hax in character against their opponents, examples being Energy Absorption, Transmutation (Excluding Irma but it's still not her first move), Existence Erasure, and Reality Warping.
guardians makes more sense to me

One issue with the disadvantages of the Ginyu Force. Captain Ginyu showed himself to be aware of how his opponents can hide their power levels when he got a read on Goku's power level. Ginyu even chastised Jeice for not thinking about that.

One issue with the disadvantages of the Ginyu Force. Captain Ginyu showed himself to be aware of how his opponents can hide their power levels when he got a read on Goku's power level. Ginyu even chastised Jeice for not thinking about that.
What are you referring too? I've already mentioned the Guardians can't stealth the Ginyu Force due to their scouters. My comment is referring to the fact that the Guardians being used are capped at 8-A, meaning they'd only sense they level of power.

What are you referring too? I've already mentioned the Guardians can't stealth the Ginyu Force due to their scouters. My comment is referring to the fact that the Guardians being used are capped at 8-A, meaning they'd only sense they level of power.
"They have no knowledge on the Guardians magical abilities and once their scouters show how weak the Guardians are in comparison, they'd underestimate them in the beginning"

Ginyu got around the bolded weakness here.

"They have no knowledge on the Guardians magical abilities and once their scouters show how weak the Guardians are in comparison, they'd underestimate them in the beginning"

Ginyu got around the bolded weakness here.
Read the first part. I'm clearly referring to their magical abilities which has no barring on their physicals, which cap at 8-A. Ginyu's ability to sense power isn't going to change anything because he's only going to sense their weak power, and not their abilities. So yes, the Ginyu Force would underestimate them, even Ginyu to some extent (Not on the level of Racoome), heck he literally left his squad to take the Dragon Balls back to Frieza because he thought they could handle it and we saw what happened to Guldo because of it.

I'm not saying they'll ignore them and go at it like idiots but I don't believe Ginyu would take them 100% seriously until something happens.

Back