• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball AP Ratings Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what you outlined, I do agree with the downscaling from Frieza being brought up. That being said, I know there's also that Planet Vegeta destruction feat being discussed, so it might be easier to wait on the results of that so we can see how the scaling overall will be affected

It’s not??? I’m not basing my argument in absurdity, I have a genuine reason to believe the downscaling to the Saiyan Saga isn’t the way to go about this. I explained why, and boiling it down to me saying “damn that’s crazy, I don’t agree” is disingenuous.
Let it be known that we currently agree, the gap in AP via feats is too great to downscale given the site's standards. We're arguing about a scenario where Frieza has a reasonable AP, which might be a reality soon.

I mean, your explanation is about how Frieza was portrayed as someone incredibly strong, thus making the downscaling absurd as it diminishes the character's writing. I interpreted it as "it's too absurd to be coherent", sorry if that's not the intention.
Even then, I think I explained well why this wouldn't necessarily contradict the way Frieza is written, as it would only give a numerical value to the gap between his peers and his first form. Let it be known that some of the Elite ranks did know Frieza could transform.
I know we use official multipliers from Kaio-ken and Super Saiyan forms (which I agree with), and correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t recall us using direct multipliers based on power level differences. The reason being, the power levels in Dragon Ball aren’t exactly linear when comparing the different displays seen between said power levels. Again, correct me on this if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain we don’t treat power levels in a linear manner

NOTE: I'm also aware that we use official power levels that are relative for scaling. I know we still take those into account regardless
It depends a lot on whether or not power level and strength is being used interchangeably in that context. A lot of these statements are direct "strength" comparisons, so even then, it's still very much possible to downscale HAD Frieza been in a reasonable AP level. Which he is not, which is why we aren't downscaling him atm

The first downscale comes from Goku implying he’d he able to help against 2nd form Frieza which we attached to his KKx10 state (on his profile)

So then we get his base power level of 90k and kaioken would make that 180k

Vegeta’s Oozaru’s base being 18k and his Oozaru multiplying his bp to 180k

Vegeta would be 1/10th of oozaru in his base

and Kaioken x3 Goku is comparable to Base Vegeta

In base he would be 1/3rd of his KKx3

This scan was the argument for scaling to early Saiyan saga, but as Crim pointed out it’s unusable. So, the downscaling would stop at late Saiyan Saga from Base Goku with PL of 8k.

(Imo it’s kinda weird to scale KKx10 to second form frieza, but that’s how we currently treat it; he would scale above first form frieza either way though. I’m just here to present the information).
Toddler Gohan has a power level of 1307 and is about three times stronger than Goku;
Raditz has a power level of 1500 so he scales above Gohan---

Nevermind, it's "戰鬥力", in traditional chinese, which is the same as "戦闘力". Damn, F.

Either way. Nice summary.

Sorry if this is dumb but can Power levels really be used at the same time as the Zarbon stuff?
Im pretty certain they contradict each other.

Just snipping this to let you know I've come around to agree with the downscaling. I just think that in light of the calc discussion, we should hold off until we know how that downscaling's gonna look
Yeah I do this thing where I reply before I read the rest of the convo, that is my B.

Sorry if this is dumb but can Power levels really be used at the same time as the Zarbon stuff?
Im pretty certain they contradict each other.
Absolutely not, even something as little as a two-time increase would contradict the show as Vegeta was "around 30.000" after he killed Zarbon.

Let it be known that we currently agree, the gap in AP via feats is too great to downscale given the site's standards. We're arguing about a scenario where Frieza has a reasonable AP, which might be a reality soon.

I mean, your explanation is about how Frieza was portrayed as someone incredibly strong, thus making the downscaling absurd as it diminishes the character's writing. I interpreted it as "it's too absurd to be coherent", sorry if that's not the intention.
Even then, I think I explained well why this wouldn't necessarily contradict the way Frieza is written, as it would only give a numerical value to the gap between his peers and his first form. Let it be known that some of the Elite ranks did know Frieza could transform.

It depends a lot on whether or not power level and strength is being used interchangeably in that context. A lot of these statements are direct "strength" comparisons, so even then, it's still very much possible to downscale HAD Frieza been in a reasonable AP level. Which he is not, which is why we aren't downscaling him atm
I just wanted to comment on the top section. What do the site standards say about downscaling that doesn’t allow us to do so? Either way I’m fine with waiting for the new calc to get evaluated, but I’m just wondering why we wouldn’t be able to if things stayed the same.

I just wanted to comment on the top section. What do the site standards say about downscaling that doesn’t allow us to do so? Either way I’m fine with waiting for the new calc to get evaluated, but I’m just wondering why we wouldn’t be able to if things stayed the same.
such as with upscaling with multipliers, for a big downscale that leads the characters in high number, the bigger the value reached, the bigger the nummber of evidence is needed

Saiyan Saga downscales to High 5-A
Best feat is 5-C to 5-B with strongest attacks.

Outlier.

such as with upscaling with multipliers, for a big downscale that leads the characters in high number, the bigger the value reached, the bigger the nummber of evidence is needed
I see on the multiplier page it talks about multiplying higher numbers, but there’s no mention of how downscaling is treated.
Well, nobody who scales to 5-C currently would scale to it. The weakest would be Base Saiyan Saga Goku, but I thought outliers were only for inconsistencies? Large Planetary isn’t really contradicted and iirc there’s a statement that says that at a BP of 10k you can destroy the planet. King Cold also calls Earth a small planet, so the statement wouldn’t even cap at 5-B, but it leaves large planetary in the air.

I see on the multiplier page it talks about multiplying higher numbers, but there’s no mention of how downscaling is treated.

Well, nobody who scales to 5-C currently would scale to it. The weakest would be Base Saiyan Saga Goku, but I thought outliers were only for inconsistencies? Large Planetary isn’t really contradicted and iirc there’s a statement that says that at a BP of 10k you can destroy the planet. King Cold also calls Earth a small planet, so the statement wouldn’t even cap at 5-B, but it leaves large planetary in the air.
High 5-A is Dwarf Star level.

Vegeta with his strongest attack was going to destroy a "small planet" according to King Cold, High 5-A is definitely an outlier

High 5-A is Dwarf Star level.

Vegeta with his strongest attack was going to destroy a "small planet" according to King Cold, High 5-A is definitely an outlier
Saiyan saga would scale to High 5-A? I see thought it was 5-A, but Vegeta only tried destroy Earth to make sure Goku got killed, but if it’s High 5-A fair enough. I can see why it’d be considered an outlier.

Vegeta trying to destroy Earth isn't really a contradiction. Same with the "small planet" statement. King Cold considers Earth to be a small planet, which is basically Toriyama's way of establishing how the Frieza Force tends to deal with much larger planets. If anything, its more impressive given Frieza casually boasts how he destroys planets that are narratively implied to be larger than Earth

I'm not saying this necessarily means High 5-A isn't an outlier. Just that the points I've addressed in this point really don't change anything

I updated the OP adding a new blog essentially replaces Frieza's current accepted feat of destroying Planet Vegeta with the low end calculation for the Broly feat that's currently being discussed about

As a result Beginning of Z tiers all the way to Namek tiers are Large Planet level, Frieza to android saga tiers are dwarf star level, Cell Saga tiers reach Small Star level and high tier Cell Saga to Buu Saga tiers are Solar System level as always

As a result Beginning of Z tiers all the way to Namek tiers are Large Planet level, Frieza to android saga tiers are dwarf star level, Cell Saga tiers reach Small Star level and high tier Cell Saga to Buu Saga tiers are Solar System level as always
Basically if the new calculation at the low end gets accepted this'll be the AP ratings, if not then the AP ratings from the first blog in the OP

Question, where does Second Form Frieza being twice as strong as First Form Frieza come from? There’s no scan for that in either of the AP blogs.

Vegeta trying to destroy Earth isn't really a contradiction.
Vegeta's power as highlighted and hyped for being able to destroy the Earth, again, it took all he had to do so; Dwarf Star level is definitely not implied or consistent with the narrative at all.
You brought up how Frieza's power was written to previously disagree with the downscaling chain, so I should also point out how Vegeta's power to destroy the Earth was written to be impressive.

Vegeta's power as highlighted and hyped for being able to destroy the Earth, again, it took all he had to do so; Dwarf Star level is definitely not implied or consistent with the narrative at all.
Honestly, very fair
You brought up how Frieza's power was written to previously disagree with the downscaling chain, so I should also point out how Vegeta's power to destroy the Earth was written to be impressive.
I've actually been wearing a blindfold on this entire time in the thread, so anything strange I say isn't really me

Well, it matched 3x kaioken goku's kamehameha, which on top of the kamehameha's amp in power, also briefly overpowered Vegeta with 3x kaioken prior

This doesn't need bumping until the thread for Frieza's AP is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back