• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade for Shulk. ** *Xenoblade Chronicles 2 SPOILERS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgrade for Shulk.Xenoblade Chronicles 2 retconned some things that made Shulk Universal off of Scaling from Zanza. So Shulk was Universal for defeating Zanza who tanked "his universe being destroyed and a new one being made" but XBC2 retconned it to them just being teleported to different dimensions rather than the Universe actually being destroyed.

Proof: The Architect (Who is Half of Klaus/Zanza) stating things that vanished when the experiment went off (now being the conduit going off in XBC2) were teleported to other dimensions including half his body (who would be Zanza) http://imgur.com/0RDLEFR

The Architect hearing shulk through the portal his other half was sucked into. http://imgur.com/OOl5aNz

Cutscene of Zanzas backstory and the supposed "destruction of the Universe" being the same in both games for The Architects backstory which still kept the Universe intact and as mentioned before just teleported things to other dimensions.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Cutscene https://youtu.be/uyNLNsnbDeA

Xenoblade Chronicles Cutscene https://youtu.be/BtcfMP_72zg

So in conclusion Shulk is no longer Universal since Zanza didn't tank the Universe being erased and a new one being born but was just teleported to another dimension and should be downgraded. Zanza and XB1 cast just assumed their original Universe was destroyed.

Should this be highlighted? This seems like a big downgrade

What are the stats if this feat is not legit by the way?

Admittedly, I haven't gotten the chance to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I do plan to at some point when I get the chance. Anyway, actually, Universal Shulk comes from the fact that he wields the true Monado. And it refers mainly to Alvis's words; Alvis is an omniscient being and Is the true monado. It was him who initially claimed that the Monado has the power to effect all existence including the destruction of all time and space.

And while, "Teleporting to another realm and not actually destroying the universe" does sound like a possibility, I don't think the Low 2-C rating should be removed. Zanza still created the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 1, and iirc, there were still statements about the ocean and skies being infinite in size.

So while it is true that Shulk no longer possesses the Monado III, I still think the key for him using it should remain Universe level+. Not sure about Zanza, but I think he should still keep a Low 2-C key as the final boss of Xenoblade Chronicles 1. Alvis is most definitely Tier 2 as well.

IIRC Zanza ether destroyed or created the universe of the first game when he became a god so I think he should still be Tier 2

Bionis and Mechonis are still Moon level via sheer size and do to being able to slice a planet in half. But, I'll wait for Dark649 to comment as he seems pretty knowledgeable as well.

Not sure I remember, saw it on the profile. But Zanza did use the Monado II to slice the Mechonis apart; I think it was more so the blade of the monado's length was calc'd to be long enough to slice the Earth in half though.

So the conclusions are no downgrades at all, but a few changes to the descriptions/justifications of the said tiers?

Should we remove the highlight for this thread?

Chartate101 said:
I think so. I'm against the downgrades. Speaking of XBC2, is anyone working on profiles?
Nobody so far, I might have to step in... like I had to do with Xenoblade 1.

I was thinking about working on Xenoblade 2 sometime, but I'll have to actually play the game first. I'm going to go get some more Nintendo Switch games tomorrow most likely, including XC2

I will get to a number of profiles, but i suppose i'll take whatever help i can get.

I plan on starting with either Jin, Zeke, or Morag.

Btw, sorry if i'm derailing this thread.

So, is anybody willing to modify the descriptions/justifications, and which pages are affected?

I think it's just Shulk and Zanza, Alvis's profile looks fine where it's at in my opinion. So, just remove survived destruction of the for Zanza's durability and replace it with taking hits from Shulk? And then add that Zanza created his own universe as a justification for Zanza's Attack Potency? I could handle that, but the profiles are locked at the moment.

I will temporarily unlock the Shulk and Zanza profiles for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back