• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm fairly new to the Forums and these proceeding so bear with me if I'm missing something , using information that's already been disproven or i'm ignorant to ongoing discussion but sometime after beating XC3 and wanted to see how the VSBW profiles for Xenoblade and when i saw i think some interpretations of Events need to be looked at again in general for the Xenoblade Series because i personally think some assumptions about the story don't hold up or at least don't have as much evidence , So I'll be going over something that could be reinterpreted another way as well as things I've just heard people mention in general about certain events

Space Time Transition Event clarification and Zanza Surviving it

One of Zanza’s current Durability feats is marked as surviving the Space Time Transition Event that destroyed the Universe and made a big bang creating new , This is current being treated as a multiverse big bang caused by the Conduit however i believe this interpretation might be wrong based on several factors as well as the expanded lore and information in XC2 and XC3, The core of this feats steams from This Statement by Alvis and the visuals depicting an experiment done by Klaus that ended the world, At first glance this might seem clear cut but XC2 and XC3 expanded on these events far more so I'd like to revise this interpretation of events

To start off, let’s analyze the big experiment Klaus performed that has been depicted at the end of XC1 and XC2, both depictions have slight differences but they both end the same way with the Earth being engulfed in light and being transported to a new universe which we know now is the XC2 Universe whereas the Universe they left behind the XC1 Universe was likely destroyed in the aftermath as we see it become consumed by the light that transported the Earth away, This event is treated as the Space Time Transition Event though we know from XC2 and XC3 that this likely isn’t the case, What we witnessed I'll call the Conduit Event and it caused the following 2 things, First It separated Klaus original universe into two halves, Likely equally sized halves made up from the original universe going by This Depiction in XC3 it seems like parts of the universe were literally pulled away from each other into separate spaces, Second it caused many things from Earth to vanish into various dimension including a part of Klaus himself, Likely because some things didn't make the trip when they jumped universe so they got scattered and sent elsewhere to different universes instead, I sometimes see sending stuff to the other universe as cited as directly creating other universes but i think all Klaus mentions is that other possibilities and universes exists but there’s no mention of them all being made directly by the Conduit Event but anyway regardless what did not occur here was the Space Time Transition Event, How Klaus explains the series of events is long after the Conduit Event he was left alone in a ravaged Earth and to atone for he did he worked on rebuilding the world which eventually lead to it becoming Alrest, He stated the first thing he created was the Cloud Sea, and next thing he did was use Core Crystals to begin recreating life however some time after bringing life back into the world he became scared of the new world he was making born as it was so it was at this point he decide to create Blades stating he used the three cores of the Trinity Processor Cores to form the cornerstone for them, Only then does Ontos / Alvis cause the Space Time Transition Event meaning this happened long after the Conduit Event and long after Klaus lost half his body and remember Klaus is what turned the Trinity Cores into Blades, they didn't start out that way so for Alvis to be one Klaus would’ve had to turn him into one after the Conduit Event, The series of events playing out like this could possibly be supported by the Monado Archive , “Klaus’s actions caused a chain of events that would destroy the universe and create a new one.” Chain of events meaning not the single act of the Conduit Event created the new universe, So with all this i think we can piece a new timeline of events, Klaus activates the Conduit and it separates the universe, taking the Earth and half of the. Galaxies in space to its own universe the XC2 Universe and the universe he leaves behind gets destroyed the XC1 Universe, Then some time later Ontos triggers the Space Time Event which likely made a new Universe in the destroyed XC1 Universe,

With that laid out, how does it relate to Zanza, the half of Klaus that vanished in the Conduit Event? For starters since we know now that Zanza was split apart from Klaus before the Space Time Transition Event it’s probable that Zanza was just a part of Klaus that got left behind in his original Universe when he jumped ship with the Conduit and that part, likely existing as a soul drifting about until Ontos/Alvis caused the Phase Transition Experiment, When the new universe was created Alvis likely granted Zanza and Mayneth the only 2 souls in the world Monado’s and they likely instinctively created new bodies for themselves since the Bionis came into existence with the Monado in hand which Zanza believed he made from a part of himself whereas we know Alvis would’ve had to grant it to him beforehand, We also know for a fact Zanza’s true form is an incorporeal Soul that needs a body, Alvis also mentions the fact that Zanza isn’t a person of flesh in blood, So its probable Zanza didn’t need to endure anything at all when the Space Transition Event occurred if he had no body to endure anything, Mayneth who wasn’t split from her original self (As far as we know) is also said to just be a soul and she came into being the same way Zanza did, So i don’t believe Zanza needed to be anything more than Soul either when the universe was created.

Zanza created a universe that was infinite in size

Zanza did not create the two Universe to begin with, his other self Klaus the Architect did by using the beanstalk orbital ring and the Conduit so it’s not something he could do with his own power and Zanza wouldn’t have access to Conduit, If he had the Conduits capabilities at all he wouldn't have needed Mayneth’s Monado for more power or to rely on his grand scheme of farming homs for Ether so he could get the energy to defeat Mechonis, Alvis states a gods power is limited by the providence of the world (Likely referring to the amount of Ether there is to draw from people and the world) and is not infinite which would be untrue if Zanza was drawing on the Conduit to any degree since we know it’s a perpetual motion machine and unlimited energy source, We know now that the Universe Klaus created was simply done by separating one universe into two so there’s a chance they might even be half the size of a normal universe unless we assume the Space Time Transition made the XC1 universe bigger however XC3 depict both universe as being the same size when they try to reconnect, Also the statement used to justify the world being infinite, Is simply the narration of being on a world with an endless sea, But that really doesn't mean infinite it just means that there’s nothing but sea By the end of XC1 we zoom out from Shulk world to see it being in a galaxy in space, if the ocean was infinite there would be no end it would go on into space, We also have confirmation from scenes in XC3 that Shulk’s world was indeed a planet,

Zanza being merged with the passage of Fate

When Zanza get’s Meyneths Monado he says he merges with the passage of fate which sounds really impressive but i don’t quite get how this translates to AP and Durability, It seems more of grand scale Fate Manipulation hax i never really got how this ties into his stats, As far as I’m aware there isn’t anything corroborating it giving him power or it directly ascending him to a higher dimensional being, Zanza even questions if he actually became one with it since there are things past a certain point in his fight with Shulk he can’t see with visions and the Monado Archive even questions it. Keep in mind, Shulk only frees his world from the passage of fate. He never destroys it so it should be able to see past that point , so if Zanza’s visions failed it might mean he never truly became one with it in the literal sense he just became believed himself to be the only person left with control over but that controll was likely begin to be outwilled by Shulk which is also likely considering he can’t comprehend why Shulk still had access to visions when he didn't which wouldn’t make sense if Zanza was the actual passage of fate since it wouldnt be possible to use it without his consent or knowledge, Also if Zanza was merged with Fate directly and did become a higher being it would’ve been destroyed with him when Shulk kills him but it doesn’t it simply opened up the position, So being one with the passage of Fate seems more like being in complete control of it rather then being itself which could be supported by the Monado Archive page from earlier which just seems to imply becoming one with fate is having omnipotent control over Fate not being fate itself,

Shulk recreating the Universe

The ending of Xenoblade sees Shulk get the True Monado and after killing Zanza he gains control of the passage of Fate after this he’s asked by Alvis what he wished to do with his power let the world stagnate or let it evolve, Everything in the story leading up to this event and every description of it only describes Shulk as wishing for a world without gods and freeing the world from the chains of fate so people can make their own choice, It’s never actually said anywhere to my knowledge that he made a new universe in the literal sense he only freed the existing universe , I also don’t know where the claim comes from that he reset time and space and revived deceased characters as far as i’m aware there’s no notable deceased character that returned in the ending so I’m unsure where that stemmed from, He only wished for one thing for people to be free of fate,I see people cite Fiora not being mecha anymore as proof he remade her but even in the main game it’s heavily implied they could find a method to restore her body and a story was included in the Monado Archive that took place around late game where they followed up on this where they found the technology Linada described to repair her body but it would take 6 months so Fiora decided to wait until after they fought Zanza to do this, Another thing i hear mentioned is Shulk made a completely new world to inhabit based on them being a seemingly new location during the end credits but we know from Future Connected all that happened was the Bionis’s chunks scattered making more land, Which is why Shulk and Melia had to go searching to see where the chunk with Alcomoth ended, This location animation is decent proof of this,I also don’t see how the argument of Alvis saying how his world has infinite possibilities translates to anything, He’s just saying this worlds actions won’t be limited by fate,

Alvis is the god of the Xenoblade Multiverse / True Monado

There’s no direct statements that Alvis is the god of multiple or all universes. He’s only mentioned as being an administrator of Shulks world who grants Monado’s which turns people into Gods which in Xenoblade 1 seems to be a term only referring to those with access to the Passage of Fate or those who create life if we go by the Monado Archives, He’s only ever mentioned as Using the passage of fate and Supervising it he’s not mentioned as making it or being it as far as i'm aware, His status as Supreme Conscious is likely only meant to reflect that he’s the observer of the world and has absolutely cosmic awareness through fate and can grant others part of Fate’s power with Monado’s, He’s never shown or stated to have any kind of omnipotent abilities that go beyond Fate manipulation and he also likely does not have access to the other capabilities from the Monado’s he hands out unless he gets ahold of them in some form, While he is indeed the original form of the Monado’s they are also tied to the person they are granted to them as a part of themselves, Those are their Monado’s, Their strength is based on the providence that person can draw on and the Users willpower, If Alvis had any of these capabilities on his own he would’ve dealt with Zanza himself without the need for Shulk, Which is why he’s stated to be looking for a new god to liberate the world, He’s not a neutral entity in this regard he saw Zanza was going to lead the world to a stagnate ruin and wanted to stop it, Which is why he granted Shulk a Monado cause he believe he would lead the world down the right path, What made Shulk’s the True Monado i believe is that it’s aligned with the will of the providence of the world which likely means it aligns with the will of all life in the world ,Which could be supported by the fact we see Shulk pull on light from within his allies and throughout his whole end speech Shulk refers to the strength of the True Monado’s power as “Our” likely because he’s acting on the will and behalf of all life and even when’s he’s asked to make a wish, He rescinded the idea that it’s his will alone making this wish and instead that everyone is, So i don’t think he’s aligning with just Alvis’ will in specific it almost feels that would go against the entire point that this power comes from the collective will of humanity not the power of a single being , Which makes sense since even Alvis said earlier that all Life born of Mechonis and Bionis inevitably grows to break away from the passage of fate meaning Shulk trying to set the world free from fate would be him aligning with the nature of all life to try and escape fate, Which is why Zanza’s end goal in the first place was to keep ending life on Bionis and restarting so that each time they got to close to breaking free of Fate he’d start over so he’d alway have control over them, If the True Monado’s was just Alvis will and power, Alvis wouldn't have needed had to make pushes here in there to make sure Shulk would go through with doing this even in final moments of XC1 he made memory versions of Shulk’s allies to try and give him the extra push to not make the world stagnant like Zanza when Shulk was doubting what to do with the power of fate, Shulk even said “It’s sounds like you don’t think i can make my own decisions I’m supposed to be the god” which lends credence to that fact Alvis had an agenda to push but that he can’t actually do anything directly he needs a strong Monado wielder to do what he wants for him but even he can’t control their actions directly likely because they have access to the passage of fate too so he can only try to nudge them in the right direction,

When Shulk asks Alvis what he is, Alvis says flat out his true form is the administrative computer from a transition experiment, There’s no mention of him being a divine entity or god and he has no reason to lie to Shulk or withhold that from him so I don’t think there’s anything pointing to him being a divine entity that existed before he was even Trinity Core, There’s also no statement anywhere as far as I’m aware of a divine entity living directly inside the Conduit, The existence of a Divine Entity is only theorized by Klaus but there’s no confirmation and no mention of it being inside the Conduit itself, Speaking of Klaus would have to know about Alvis existence if he’s been watching the XC1 world in fact there’s a chance that since Alvis is a blade all his experiences are transfered to Klaus like how Mythra’s and Malos’ are, Klaus even seemed to be aware that Shulk had the capability to kill Zanza like 30 minutes before Shulk would’ve summoned the True Monado kind of implying he knew the future that even Zanza couldn't see , We also know Mythra could seemingly recognize what Shulk’s Monado was at a glance so Klaus would likely be able to do the same, So i don’t think it’d make sense for him to attributing things to a divine entity instead of attributing it to Alvis / Ontos, Because of this i don’t think Alvis should get much from the Conduit i mean even Malos and Mythra couldn't use it directly the only thing it did was provide energy to them and their Artifices through the Slave Driver system and according to Klaus the Conduit went silent after the Conduit Event and only started to stir again when Pneuma awakened so no one's used its true power up until that point and even than Pneuma who has full access to its capabilities and even she has limits on the range of its power, It’s also implied by Klaus that she can’t use the Conduits power if it goes to another world so i don’t know I'm not sure if Alvis or anyone in the XC1 would be able to draw on it's power

No offense, but we literally just went over everything and covered everything period. And all of this is nothing but a giant collection of repeated topics. But me or others may comment later. But actually, the Conduit/Zohar's experiment is indeed a Multiversal destruction and recreation feat which would scale to Zanza/Klaus and Meyneth's durability. Plus they turned into gods from the same experiment and they can trade blows, so it would scale to AP. And Zanza and Meyneth both have their own collection of Low 2-C feats stated in the Monado Archives that they actually destroyed and recreated the universe numerous times in their numerous battles.

Also, some of those "Anti-Feats" for Passage of Fate aren't actually anti-feats but more so Acausality feats for the likes of Shulk and the gang. And the "Divine Entity" who gave the Conduit would have to be someone. But the fact that Alvis was clearly the one who seemed to have most control over it's power would indicate him being the most likely candidate. Otherwise, it would just be Wave Existences from Xenogears and Xenosaga. And actually, details from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 going back to back with the super consistent "Birth of the Universe" origin stories from both Xenogears and Xenosaga actually have made it generally agreed all Xeno games are just this big multiverse. Zohar/Conduit also clearly has its own Low 1-C feats in Xenosaga II. The Xeno franchise as a whole also is very blunt about saying possibilities and universes are the same thing and that Past/Present/Future all being illusions and that anything that exists as a concept exists physically in some alternate timeline.

Apologies again i just joined i don't know about every discussion that's been had here i was just going off the profiles i read the other day and though they didn't line up with seemed to happened in the games and i was unware of the Xenosaga and Gears being canon i though they where just deigned with similar concepts and references i wasn't aware there was anything officially confirming everything to be apart of the actual same canon

Fair enough, we all been new. Hopefully, me or someone else could explain better detail to help out with your concerns. Though my hands are full atm.

Is there a thread with detailed scans on the information on these event? There's a lot of stuff i'd want clarification on like i thought they only mentioned destroying the world as constantly ending and restarting life on themselves, I also wasn't trying to present those as Anti Feats for the passage of Fate itself moreso questioning if Zanza's actually became one with it having absolute control

Last edited:
((´д`)) Figures the day i decide i think i know stuff about Xenoblade the whole cosmology gets updated

I'm probably going to be put through the wringer for this

Last edited:
Back