• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin vs Kratos (2018)

Thu'um even in Mid-Game is still hugely powerful. You can constantly spam Unrenlenting Force that can turn armies into pieces and shake mountains, which you literally command every matter even particles being pushed away. I don't think Kratos ever survived anything like that.

You also have Dismay or Disarm that alter reality in a way that making both Kratos's minds and weapons being bent acording to your will.

Kratos has mind resistance, he scales to his younger self, he's in the Dragonborn boat of it not being on his profile. Also Kratos has a slight ap advantage so yeah he could survive the thu'um. Granted there's some shouts that may work (probably mark for death), and I need to ask on the revision page how good the Dragonborn's bfr is.

Mind resistance =/= Reality anchoring. Thu'um is a high method of reality warping that involves a huge deal beyond just mundane mind resistance. Kratos has to show a degree of resisting reality warping, which Dovahkiin gonna spam every nano-second. I didn't discuss Bend Will yet, rather talking about the possibility of Kratos's cells blasted into pieces by reality command of "Fus Ro Dah"

About BFR, you have to conceptualize two types of physical and hax. The physical one involved destroying landmasses like Miraak vs Vahlok, while the hax one is whatever I discussed with you earlier like Soul Tear or Banishment.

I was referring to dismay and Kratos can resume in his axe nigh instantly so disarm is worthless. I meantioned the physical BFR earlier, I'm pretty sure Kratos is fast enough to get back in time. Also wasn't the vaporization stuff from deep meditation (which the Dragonborn wouldn't have time to do) and Mora (which is his low 2-C key or is there a piece of lore I need to read?

Hey Matthew do you know of any lore text you can recommend on the thu'um because the game and lore version are feeling more and more completely unrelated to each other every time I hear about them together.

Hard to recommend a single text on the Thu'um, because lore on Tonal Magic is very scattered, but you basically have to understand that the Thu'um is performed by literally singing Change through your Will, adding to the Song of Creation and thereby altering the underlying tones that compose existence.

This is actually expressed even in-game, with how the Thu'um is literally how the Dragons converse and assert ideas, and Paarthurnax explaining that it is a philosophical conflict and not a show of force.

And even descriptions of the in-game Shouts themselves. For example:

Slow Time: The Dovahkiin Shouts at time, and commands it to obey, as the world around them stands still.
The Slow Time Shout isn't a time stop ability. It is the Dovahkiin literally singing to Time, and commanding it to stop through the tones of his Shout.

This again depends on the quality of Kratos's arsenals. Like you said, it is irrelevant so I won't pursue this course of argument since Kratos likely armed himself with godlike artifacts under equalized speed. I wasn't referring to vaporization rather than shredding to pieces, which Ulfric did. It wasn't high-end or medium-end rather a very basic effect.

I wouldn't argue for physical BFR since he went against crazy giant ***** before. Again, Thu'um is still too versatile for Kratos as it has many ways of torturing, shattering, banishing and other effects for Dovahkiin to ultilize. I mean those shouts in the game are pale to what a real Thu'um master can do, which one create random syllables for crazier effects.

There are still legendary artifacts making Dovahkiin too versatile for Kratos.

Dovahkiin is very versatile. He can use Marked for death to weaken Kratos, then use Whirlwind sprint to get close, then use Slow time+Elemental fury to beat up Kratos in melee combat. Or he can use Storm call and then use Unrelenting force and then when Kratos is on the ground a lightning bolt will hit him. That will weaken Kratos enough for the Soul tear to work and rip his soul. I think that Dovahkiin wins mid difficulty.

Round 1: Dovahkiin ***** on Kratos in this situation as they will go straight for the kill while Kratos will try to deter the threat before actually getting serious.

Round 2: Dovahkiin will find Kratos more troublesome, but the right combination of shouts will tire Kratos out to allow for a kill shot.

Round 3: Dovahkiin wins just like in the prior two rounds.

Back