• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin new power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew already explained what the dragonrend shout does on that old Pennywise VS Dovahkiin Thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2451343?useskin=oasis

Matthew Schroeder said:
People don't understand Dragonrend. People think it's literally just taking away dragons' ability to fly. It's more than that.

Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

So assuming Dragonrend can work on Pennywise, he'd lose his abstract nature and become something mortal, finite and bound by time which the Dovahkiin can straight up punch and kill.

Just like he did to Alduin, killing him forever despite being a major aspect of the Time Dragon, and literally the End of Time.
Someone should really add immortality and Regenerationn negation and expand the shout description in the Dovahkiin profile.

Cuz i mean, having to explain in every Battle is boring.

This seems fine and uncontroversial to add.

Because Alduin this regen and types of immortality: Immortality and Regenerationn Negation (At least Low-Godly, Types 1, 3, 4 and 5)

And adding Matt's explanation as link.

What do you think?

Also, does the Dragonrend nullify Regenerationn though? Because it seems to me it's only negate immortality.

Mindovin said:
Because Alduin this regen and types of immortality: Immortality and Regenerationn Negation (At least Low-Godly, Types 1, 3, 4 and 5)
And adding Matt's explanation as link.

What do you think?

Also, does the Dragonrend nullify Regenerationn though? Because it seems to me it's only negate immortality.
seems fine by me

That also sounds like a good idea

Hmmm i assume, since alduin was not healing i would say yes

We generally try to avoid linking to discussion posts within the profile pages.

It seems better to provide a brief footnote explanation in the profile itself instead.

@TOAA

Make sense.

@Ant

Summarizing important points

Note: Dragons are in TES are tiny shards of the Aka. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings.

They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

OR

Dragonrend
Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend made it possible for The Dovahkiin, killing Alduin forever despite being a major aspect of the Time Dragon, and literally the End of Time.

We could add this as a note or directly below Dragonrend in NA/T. (Only removed Pennywise part and altered below sentence accordingly.) I'm open to suggestions.

Also, reading the explanation again I think Dragonrend also should nullify Abstract Existence (Type 2).

Power Nullification (Immortality and Regenerationn Negation (At least Low-Godly, Types 1, 3, 4 and 5) and Abstract Existence (Type 2)).

I think that seems fine.

A collapsible explanation is probably best.

Thanks again. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

You're welcome.

If there is no problem with my edit I don't think there is anything left to here.

It seems fine. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back