• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy vs a Lawyer (grace)

Actually it's not concluded because this is still a FRA storm which still hasn't addressed counter-arguments, like the one Jacky mentioned above.

Not to mention the fact that some of the claims about what Phoenix can do are extremely dubious. I'm not letting this match on the profile without this being a proper match.

Also no one addressed a counter to Doomguy's 8-B invulnerability

Jackythejack said:
Frankly the argument is literally just "Phoenix points" but Phoenix pointing would do nothing in this match, because he's not in range to point (his range, as well, I'm questioning), sooooo...all votes should be rendered invalid because range is a pain
So we have another Rohan now lol

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Doomguy was most likely downplayed here. He is an extremely skilled military marksman and has resistance to Phoenix's Soul Manipulation given he deals with Lost Souls regularly. Not to mention, he has managed to defeat foes such as the Baron of Hell before, so the AP advantage doesn't help Phoenix too much.

Though, I do need to point out that some of the power ups such as Invincibility are exclusive to Doom 2016 and beyond, which is what his 8-A key has, not his Classic self. But the Chaingun is something really helpful here. Though, the OP said nothing beyond 9-B, so it does look like the 9-A stuff like the Chainsaw, Super Shotgun and Rocket Launchers are also banned.

There's invincibility spheres in doom not 2016 though, and the super shotgun has a 9-B low end

Sounds like there's some stuff that should be updated on his page. Like I had brought up before: that and the other power ups were under his 2016. Not his base. And neither is his soul resistance. Someone who knows doom and the power ups well should probably review the page and fix that then.

Prob yeah. There's even stuff from the 2016 version not added

@MrKingofNegativity would probably be the most knowledgeable person on Doom, but you could bring it up in another thread.

Back