• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom: Possible upgrade? (argent energy cell)

The player is able to absorb energy from argent energy cells without the energy overloading their suit (basically tanking?). As you know, it gives a small upgrade. Apparently, it can store as much energy as a nuclear reactor makes in one year (I know it's not the most reliable source, but I have doom and I could get a screenshot). The R.E. Ginna reactor produced 4,689,440 megawatt hours in 2018. 4,689,440 megawatt hours is 1.6881984e+16 joules or around 4 megatons.

This does seem interesting, but when it comes to wattage, we judge based on how much energy it generates per second. Those joules are how much energy the Ginna produces in an hour, but 1.6881984e+16 * 24 * 365.25 = 1.4798747e+20 Joules or 35.3698546233 Gigatons. In Argent energy's case, it would be a few seconds. Lowballing it at 10 seconds still makes it around 3.5 Gigatons, so it should still be in the 6-C range.

Though, I do feel it might be a little iffy. We don't always give characters tiers for absorbing a battery.

We know that the Doom Slayer is resistant to Argent though, and he isn't necessarily tanking it and its more just that his suit is compatible with it as it was forged in Hell and can absorb its energies.

I agree with Dark that it would be disingenuous to give tiering based off it.

Actually, this could potentially upgrade the Doom Slayer. If a small amount of argent cells can be the equivalent of a 12 month nuclear reactor, then wouldn't this make it 6-C? The argent cell has been used for weapons such as the Plasma Rifle and enemies can survive several shots of it before dying. And even the BFG 9000 uses even more argent energy than the Plasma Rifle. This is described as the most powerful weapon in the game (which we know already). And the Cyberdemon, Hell Knight, and Spider Mastermind are able to survive them without immediately dying. And the Praetor Suit couldn't be badly harmed to any damage the UAC can dish out, which includes the BFG 9000.

So, to summarize. Small amounts of argent energy = a nuclear reactor. The Plasma Rifle and BFG 9000 both use argent energy as its power source, with the BFG having more of it. Certain enemies can survive several shots of, and the Praetor Suit can't be heavily damaged by them either.

Watts is literally described as energy per second, with Watt-hours being energy per hour. Megawatt hours would be that much energy per hour which stacking the results could translate that much energy in a year. And it does state that the Argent Energy tower could produce as much energy in a few seconds as a Nuclear Reactor can in a year. Though, the Praeter Armor absorbing it all seems iffy and more so seems like a potential stamina feat.

The plasma weapons are also only empowered by a fraction of the Argent energy, not like solar panels are star level because of that. I do expect massive upgrades from Doom Eternal, but this still seems super iffy. And yeah, Praetor armor is literally invulnerable to every demon and enemy in the game outside of game mechanics.

For example, if the R.E. Ginna reactor operates at 582 MW capacity for 24 hours, it will generate 13,968 megawatthours (MWh). If the reactor generated that amount of electricity every day of the year, it would generate 5,098,320 MWh. However, most power plants do not operate a full capacity every hour of every day of the year. In 2018, the R.E. Ginna nuclear power plant actually generated at total of 4,689,440 MWh.
582*24=13968
13968*365=5098320

When the UAC unveiled an Argent Energy powered, hand sized 24-volt battery with over 12,000 megawatt-hours, the future of energy supply within the Solar System was set. One battery array could power an entire city block for several months. Researchers at the Global Science Council have speculated that the UAC's most advanced battery technology, the Argent Accumulator, can hold over 30,000 megawatt-hours but that the UAC is deliberately bottlenecking the production to maintain control over the market value.
30000 MWh=1.08e14 J

Way more consistent than Island level AP.

Bruh how are you guys getting island level AP? 4,689,440 megawatt hours is only 4 megatons? And "megawatt hour" is NOT a power (energy per time) measurement as DDM seems to think, it's an energy measurement. And I don't get the argument that "is so much higher than his other feats" because the player's limits are never shown. He never struggles with anything. Plus, doesn't he only have I don't know, ONE CASUAL feat that puts him at 8-A as doomslayer?

Also, argent energy isn't some sort of "soul energy." It comes from hell, but the only thing that makes it different from normal energy is how it's obtained and how efficient it is. It can be used as an energy source for stuff in a city, like electrical appliances or other stuff that uses power. If the suit can handle 4 megaton argent energy, it can handle 4 megaton nuclear energy or 4 megaton kinetic energy as well. Obviously nuclear energy isn't a specific type of energy but argent isn't either.

I don't know what's with the contradiction between "What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator" and "Researchers at the Global Science Council have speculated that the UAC's most advanced battery technology, the Argent Accumulator, can hold over 30,000 megawatt-hours" though. Maybe the GSC is just underestimating the technology?

Jaakubb said:
Also, argent energy isn't some sort of "soul energy." It comes from hell, but the only thing that makes it different from normal energy is how it's obtained and how efficient it is. It can be used as an energy source for stuff in a city, like electrical appliances or other stuff that uses power. If the suit can handle 4 megaton argent energy, it can handle 4 megaton nuclear energy or 4 megaton kinetic energy as well. Obviously nuclear energy isn't a specific type of energy but argent isn't either.
If it the only deviation was efficiency, it would not heal and resurrect demons, nor would it turn people into the Possessed, it has lots of supernatural properties, of which the Doom Slayer resists.

Yes, so? Those properties in no way influence the energy output. It's still Town to Small-City level. It's just energy with some extras.

I thought MegaWatt hour translated to Megajoules per hour; though saying X number of Megawatts in a year doesn't make much sense since Watt literally just means Joules per second. I have studied physics and chemistry. 4,689,440 megawatts = 1.6881984e+16 joules per hour or 4.68944 * 10^12 joules per second.

Edit, never mind. Remembered there was a difference between watt and watt second. Watt is joules per second, but watt second is just the same as one joule. So the 4 Megatons thing is right.

But I still don't think this seems combat applicable. Of course Doom Slayer is basically the Saitama of video game characters, so any concrete feats wouldn't be too controversial no matter how impressive unless they're simply hyperbole's. But we don't scale characters for having a Megaton Battery. Terminators have the energy of a nuclear bomb for a battery, but we don't assume every punch they throw nor their durability scales to the Hydrogen Fuel Cell. Androids 17 and 18 also aren't High 3-A for literally having an infinite energy supply, it's the ability to concentrate a certain amount of energy into one attack.

Yes, the Plasma Rifle and the BFG 9000 only have small amounts of argent energy cells, but that small amount should be able to scale as apparently only the amount of Samuel's hand was enough. You can pick up small amounts that look to be the size of small bottles of argent energy. I don't see why we can't scale them. It converts argent energy cell into bullets. It's energy source is the equivalent of a nuclear reactor. It's not only powered by it, it's using it as a weapon.

I mean, even the Doom Pistol uses argent energy; 4 Megawatts to be specific. Which is nearly 9 times stronger than the Plasma Rifle from Halo; with that only being the weakest weapon in Doom 2016 by far. But it's still unknown how much energy Plasma Rifle and BFG 9000 use. BFG has the 8-B calculation, but still.

Cyberdemon does have an Argent energy Tower in his chest, which a casual Doomslayer ripped out of him and used it to teleport to Mars. But once again, not sure if that's something combat applicable to this extent.

OMG that's so cool, like doom strong halo weak huhuhu!

Also doomguy doesn't use it as a battery, he breaks the thing in his hand and all of the energy suddenly surges through him. The suit even warns of potential energy overload that could damage the suit but he can just avoid damage by rerouting the energy to his health system or whatever.

Well, Doomslayer doesn't I said Cyberdemon does. And yeah, Doomslayer does break the battery and uses the energy to teleport themselves, and fully heals Cyberdemon in the process. But I don't think it can be assumed that the battery is all the durable for the same reasons Terminator's Hydrogen Fuel Cells don't have High 7-C durability.

No I'm saying that slayer is able to survive the power surge so HE should scale to 4 megatons. Not the cyberdemon or anyone else.

Me too. I still don't see any reason why slayer can't scale to this. Not island level tho.

Well I thought it was at that level since that was stated above, but whatever tier it gives he should scale.

I'm just not sure if the Argent energy actually caused in explosion as opposed to just teleporting him and Cyberdemon to Hell, and healing Cyberdemon.

Back