• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat is being treated as a bypass of dura or at least just because you are a tier 7 doesn’t mean you can survive tier 8 heat.

Heat does not negate durability, and actually the opposite is true. You don't actually need to be that durable to withstand that much heat; most normal humans can live despite absorbing 9-B levels of thermal energy.

That’s an improper use of the conversion I eat about 500 calories a meal, if you convert that value to joules you get a 9-C plate of chicken and rice. Just because you can convert it on the joule scale doesn’t mean it’s practical. Heat can bypass dura in real life, I worked as a welder for 2 years, you can snap certain metals in half with your fingers while being able to resist a 6000F torch were. Other metals can only be broken with a mechanical bender all the while they melt when exposed to 1000F. Heat also doesn’t operate linearly like the joule system does, heat becomes exponentially more powerful than each previous degree as proven by the fact that the difference between life and death for human body temperature is only a couple degrees.

Last edited:
I'm aware penetration isn't covered in our tiering system and neither is heating up a specific part of your body as opposed to your entire body. And actually, there's multiple things to go over, not just change in temperature, but also heat capacity, emissivity, ect. Our main unit for heat feats though is watts. Except for less than second time frames; then we use joules.

Also, this might be derailing the thread. And often times, "durability negation" gets thrown around too much. Not really negation so much as it is durability never being a linear concept to begin with.

Last edited:
Interesting how you use watts considering the main factor for heat bypassing dura is through its duration of exposure.

Actually I mentioned this above but I’ll bring it up again

Why are we scaling Slayer to 8-A physically?

He kills Titans three times and in two instances he’s mentioned to have used a Crucible and we know from WOG he used weapons against the Titan Champion and his sword is mentioned in the Testament

If he can easily treat them apart with his bare hands then why do we never see direct instances of this occurring

“Among these infinite possibilities only one constant appears among them, unchanged by the endless flow of variability”

Which acausality are leaning towards?

Actually I mentioned this above but I’ll bring it up again

Why are we scaling Slayer to 8-A physically?

He kills Titans three times and in two instances he’s mentioned to have used a Crucible and we know from WOG he used weapons against the Titan Champion and his sword is mentioned in the Testament

If he can easily treat them apart with his bare hands then why do we never see direct instances of this occurring
Without the multiversal feats he still scales to the khan makyr and when her power source erupted into urdact we can see from the dlc that it fractured a planet

Without the multiversal feats he still scales to the khan makyr and when her power source erupted into urdact we can see from the dlc that it fractured a planet
Except here’s the thing

Why do we assume it’s her

The sky turns red with the lightning just before we hear a mysterious voice scream no (potentially the Dark Lord) which tells me it isn’t actually the Khan Makyr’s feat

Surely if it was her sphere to lightning would resemble the golden thunder we see her manipulate in the boss fight and not a colour she has no association with

And since we have no idea of how Slayer and Davros scale...

Also doomguy destroyed the fathers orb. Just so you guys don’t forget. More and more things stacking up in favor of a tier 1

Except here’s the thing

Why do we assume it’s her

The sky turns red with the lightning just before we hear a mysterious voice scream no (potentially the Dark Lord) which tells me it isn’t actually the Khan Makyr’s feat

Surely if it was her sphere to lightning would resemble the golden thunder we see her manipulate in the boss fight and not a colour she has no association with

And since we have no idea of how Slayer and Davros scale...
Haha you, me and everyone on this thread know for a fact that doomguy is going to beat the shit out of Davoth. But I get how this wiki works we gotta wait until we see it happen. She also said the seal was broken so it seems the only thing that was holding back the dark lord from destroying urdak was her seal.

Last edited:
@Hellbeast

WOG also stated he can rip apart titans with his his hands and weapons.

That and he can flat out break chains enslaved titans couldn’t,took punches from the Icon of sin,who should be superior to the argent tower explosion.

Not to mention the seraphim was torn apart by him,and Samur especially should be far above the titans(aided with the creation of humanity’s reality).

well we don't actually know if doomguy will beat davoth straight away
unless the dlc is litreally just the boss fight(which lets be honest it woun't) doom guy is gona lose at first and win later(maybe in doom 3 maybe at the end of the dlc)

Still destroyed the father’s orb. Also scales to the Kahn makyr’s orb eruption and if it was the dark lord who caused it that means she scales to the dark lord because she was the keeping the seal active to stop the dark lord’s influence from getting into urdak.

@Hellbeast

WOG also stated he can rip apart titans with his his hands and weapons.

That and he can flat out break chains enslaved titans couldn’t,took punches from the Icon of sin,who should be superior to the argent tower explosion.

Not to mention the seraphim was torn apart by him,and Samur especially should be far above the titans(aided with the creation of humanity’s reality).
1) If we outright see that he needs a specific weapon to perform this feat in game then surely that takes precedence over WOG saying "Well he can totally do either or". Feats are above statements, especially WOG

Especially since Slayer has no 8-A attack Potency feats that don't involve the Titan

2) Yeah not a feat. The Titans were holding the chains but weren't actually resisting or attempting to break the chains connected to the Argent platform. Plus didn't Slayer have to perform a whole ass puzzle to weaken the chains in the first place?

3) Yes the Seraphim who aided in an unspecified manner. He could have done any number of things to aid the Father shape Mankind's universe and we have no idea of the timeframe of that act so it's hilariously unquantifiable

Yes the Low 1-C Father whom at this time scales to one character that isn't him

Wait for the DLC Part 2 before we discuss the Father

That’s such a silly statement, the titans weren’t resisting the chains so they don’t scale to doomguy. So the titans are just in-prisoned willingly?

1) Because we don't see them actively attempt to shatter the chains they're simply holding and I'm pretty sure we weaken them anyway before we strike the

2) As we have said many times while we know the Father has that feat we still have no idea how relevant it actually is

Slayer could get a new weapon to fight Davoth, he could get Hax, he could exploit some kryptonite or weakness Davoth has or he could get an amp or he could just smack him upside the head and end the ******* Multiverse

At THIS TIME no one else has reason to scale to this feat which is why we're not talking about it

Because it's word salad that has no reason to mean anything from a scaling perspective right now

1) the soul spire was built by slaves the titans are slaves. Honestly not like the titans stayed after doomguy freed them, they high tailed it out of there. They are prisoners.
2) Relevant? What do you mean? Of course it’s relevant why wouldn’t it be? The father did battle with davoth because he was threatened by his growing power. So he scales to Davoth.
3) I’m about 99% sure it’s not going to be hax that’s going to beat Davoth because the codex just said someone more powerful or another Primeval would be require to beat Davoth.

Last edited:
1) Who actively weren't resisting
Also you're ignoring my point on the chains

2) Yes Davoth

Who no one else has battled and won't until the next ******* DLC

3) Yes but how? Do Primevals have Power Null akin to the Crucible? Do they scatter essence?

We have no idea how the mechanics of this work so I don't see what you;re hoping to achieve with this

1) Who actively weren't resisting
Also you're ignoring my point on the chains

2) Yes Davoth

Who no one else has battled and won't until the next ******* DLC

3) Yes but how? Do Primevals have Power Null akin to the Crucible? Do they scatter essence?

We have no idea how the mechanics of this work so I don't see what you;re hoping to achieve with this
1)Why would seeing them physically resist matter? We don’t see it because they had deadlines to meet so they didn’t bother animating it. It’s just stupid to think that they would be trapped to chains willingly.
2) the statement literally just said someone more POWERFUL would be able to beat him. Doom’s story is very predictable it’s clearly going to be doomguy. Essence can be destroyed with AP as doomguy showed with the fathers essence.

It’s a bit of a pain in the ass to talk to guys about this since obvious none of you have read the codexes.

1) So do you have evidence they actively were resisting the chains and weren't just consigned to their fates?

2) Ok but he hasn't yet so you're using a feat he hasn't done

3) Actually I have and I'm sure others have too

I just don't wank the codexes to justify scaling and feats that just don't exist yet

Hellbeast you’re really breaking my balls here. Most video game scaling and feat measuring is done through lore statements, cutscenes are secondary. That’s why elder scrolls is at the level it is, as well as god of war.

The initial statement about the soul spire is that is was built by slaves. The burden of proof is upon you to say that they were there willingly.

@Thing

You mean the Argent Energy that Slayer canonically absorbs and is strengthened by right?

The BFG is game mecahnics or are we going to use the pistol damaging characters as evidence of 8-A pistol

Even then ignoring the fact the Heat Revisions will likely mean tanking the BFG doesn't require 8-A durability as covered in this very same thread

Also the Icon was killed by the Crucible to the brain, furthering my point Slayer needs the weapon

@DTG499

My issue isn't that we're using lore. My issue is we're using outright generous interpretations of that lore and feats that our protagonist hasn't shown the ability to scale to yet

You're also acting like I don't think GOW is wanked as hell and has generous usage of Twitter statements or abilities that don't even work on the page

I'm also not saying they were willing

You can be imprisoned and not spend every waking instant attempting to escape you know

Burden on you is to prove these Titans were attempting to destroy the chains and yet failed (Which you can't judging by your deflection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back