• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren’t saying they are there willingly then what is your argument? There is no need for me to prove that they attempted to escape it is CLEARLY the case that’s why they are there in the first place, it is so ridiculous to assume that those titans could have just broken free at any moment but chose not to. Come on man what are you on about? They are SLAVES.

Last edited:
God of War is wanked? hahaha.
I also don’t recall ever saying that we should put a low 1-C rating to doomguy’s profile right now I’m just saying that’s clearly where it’s going. And that Davoth and the father clearly need a low 1-C rating.

That while they can't break out they aren't actively escaping every second

They are slaves consigned to their fates and you're willingly ******* ignoring Slayer targeted weak links in the chain and not the strongest strands

Really? Because you've been so adamant on him scaling you'd get that impression

That’s such a weak argument, ok so since I don’t ever see somebody in hand cuffs constantly trying to escape and break them that must mean they can break them at anytime. That’s basically what you are saying.

the green outline...you’re kidding right? That’s a game mechanic come on now.

No it's not. I;m saying they can't break it but they

A) aren't actively going for it

B) Likely gave up trying a long time ago

Not really. It's the only way to actually progress and complete the mission so while it's from gameplay it's not completely inadmissible in the manner you're implying.

The outline is the mechanic but not the fact Slayer had to target the weak link

And you know, it's consistent with literally 2/3 Titan kills being with a weapon with the first one likely involving similar thanks to the references to Slayer's "sword"

Last edited:
We are just nitpicking game mechanics at this point,another piece of evidence would be the fact that he can tank hits from the icon.

Also

>absorbs and is strengthened by argent energy

While this is true,this is only in some cases.It would be incredibly be stupid for enemies to attack the doomguy with something that would make him stronger.Argent has a pleuthra of uses and cant be just narrowed down to something that just makes the slayer stronger.

@Hellbeast

I'm in agreement with @DTG499 regarding the context of the structure's construction and the chains on the Titan slaves.

Which is more likely and has the least assumptions:

Chained Titan Slaves weren't strong enough to break from their chains.

or

Chained Titan Slaves could have broken from their chains but chose not to and gave up.

I'm not saying they could have

I'm saying the feat isn't applicable because Slayer targeted a weak point

@This Why not? Slayer is canonically above the forces of Hell to the point they resorted to sealing him away

Also when? He never tanks hits in cinematics to my knowledge so you'd be using gameplay mechanics to justify his tiering

This also above all ignores Slayer being stronger then the one who allegedly had the og Titan feat so it wouldn't back up that or the Megakelvin feat regardless

Last edited:
Green cracks are a game mechanic limitation, they are shown on cement walls. Breaking through a solid cement wall is a tier 9 feat. But let’s pretend that it was an actual weak point that still means the titans were not strong enough to break the weak points.

Let's pretend that we don't have to go through the whole ordeal of maneuvering the chains in order to break them then

Clearly Slayer can just casually shatter 8-A chains without need for an extensive period with dialogue from Sam

If it's an unavoidable section of the game you can't just say it's gameplay mechanics

And those feats are what exactly?

Because I've already established he shouldn't scale to 8-A by himself so please share

The High 6-C urdak feat the and the 7-B argent tower feat the 7-C argent cell absorption feat the 7-A icon of sin feat

The Urdak feat doesnt scale to him or anyone for that matter

Absorbing energy doesnt make you comparable to said energy

@This Thing

The cannon has the 8-A feat with the correct ammunition

We see Slayer's use of it was calced at Room level

Also I see you're ignoring Slayer is twice stated to be stronger in Eternal so it doesn't actually support him being = The Titan
The High 6-C urdak feat the and the 7-B argent tower feat the 7-C argent cell absorption feat the 7-A icon of sin feat
1) The Urdak feat is whack

A) it assumes all of Urdak was shaken and not just the section we're at

B) Wasn't done by the Makyr. Notice the sky and lightning turn red rather then the ethereal golden colour she's associated with. According to the files it's the Dark Lord so even then, not worth using

2) Argent was debunked. Slayer's suit absorbs and is strengthened by Argent so it's a sign of absorption not dura. It's like using Supes in the heart of the sun as a valid durability feat, completely ignoring he's empowered by Yellow Sunlight

3) Environmental Destruction. Unless you're arguing the Titan also scales physically to his overtime black hole or the fact he's breaking down space and time around him there's really nothing I can do here

Also Crucible

There's no feat that accurately puts Slayer anywhere near what you're suggesting

Also why in God's name is Slayer MHS

What is the subject we're on atm? I haven't kept up for a while since I haven't played the DLC and was tryna avoid spoilers...

1) it doesn’t assume it was all of urdak it assumes just the section urdak is universe sized dimension possibly low 1-C sized

2) the aura being different color is such a weak argument, during the boss fight we see her display green, purple, red and yellow energy. Just because the game files has a place holder name for the mysterious voice doesn’t mean it’s actually Davoth. Even IF it is was, if you where actually paying attention to what a wrote earlier it still wouldn’t change anything because if we went with your scenario it would still scale because it would mean the presence of the khan makyr was hold the dark lords influence on urdak at bay.

3) When was it ever stated that it was his suit absorbing the argent? This isn’t speculation either we know for a fact that doomguy gets stronger by absorbing the energy from fallen demons.

4) the crucible just stops titans from resurrecting it scales to his AP.

I prefer if we finish with Classic Doomguy and the Night Sentinals before we get to the Doom Slayer.

Aight then:
The Urdak feat was shaking right? I don't remember it well enough to give my thoughts atm...

The absorption feat doesn't really make sense to me, yes the Slayer absorbed the argent energy, but why should this be a dura feat? Absorption is completely separate to dura, if the Slayer tanked an energy blast, then proceeded to absorb the energy of the blast then it'd be a dura feat. But in this case, he's simply absorbing energy, and not tanking anything in the process.

I've never agreed with the Icon weather feat, weather feats are environmental destruction unless there's major evidence against it, this should be no different.

1) it doesn’t assume it was all of urdak it assumes just the section urdak is universe sized dimension possibly low 1-C sized

2) the aura being different color is such a weak argument, during the boss fight we see her display green, purple, red and yellow energy. Just because the game files has a place holder name for the mysterious voice doesn’t mean it’s actually Davoth. Even IF it is was, if you where actually paying attention to what a wrote earlier it still wouldn’t change anything because if we went with your scenario it would still scale because it would mean the presence of the khan makyr was hold the dark lords influence on urdak at bay.

3) When was it ever stated that it was his suit absorbing the argent? This isn’t speculation either we know for a fact that doomguy gets stronger by absorbing the energy from fallen demons.

4) the crucible just stops titans from resurrecting it scales to his AP.
1) I'm referring to all of the landmass in Urdak

2) How? if the Makyr's lightning is a whole different colour then how does it work (Also at what point is her energy anything ither then gold?). It's not a placeholder tho. It's the naming of a significant character who's a big part of the subsequent expansion

I'd also note the "Holding influence at bay" is hax. Her death let Demons enter Urdak because the barriers were broken by the Icon's awakening. Sam outright tells you this

3) Literally ******* lore. The Praetor suit is outright known to absorb Argent energy and I think it's on the profile

4) Once again. If something happens three times and

A) Twice it's confirmed to be X weapon responsible

B) The third time implies weapons were used and specifically a sword is mentioned

Maybe it means the weapon is above physicals

Especially given the fact 8-A Slayer would have no issue tossing aside large tentacles and wouldn't need heavy artillery to clear a path

Except no that's not a thing

(Let's not even get into him being incapped by a falling Temple)

IMO he should be downgraded

1) The Argent feats aren't valid

2) Heat revisions mean surviving the BFG may not be 8-A

3) Titans are killed by a weapon and not Slayer himself

4) He is shown to have limits below this

5) Titan chains involve a weak point

6) Ion Cannon uses a totally different instance with different ammunition and completely ignores Slayer's trip is 9-A

7) Icon is ED

Nothing points to Slayer being as high as we say

Hmm. There's a few here i'm not sure on.
1) I agree
2) The BFG has an 8-B calc too tho doesn't it?
3) I thought he took on the titans with his bare hands? The Crucible only stops resurrection, as shown when he removes it from a titan in Eternal and it gets up again.
4) Could be game mechanics
5) It does still hold the titans at bay, but I don't think this'd be an AP feat anyway
6) I agree
7) I agree

Honestly all of hellbeast’s points for downgrading the slayer are weak and it just takes a long time to convince him other wise because he doesn’t throughly read what I’m saying.

Hmm. There's a few here i'm not sure on.
1) I agree
2) The BFG has an 8-B calc too tho doesn't it?
3) I thought he took on the titans with his bare hands? The Crucible only stops resurrection, as shown when he removes it from a titan in Eternal and it gets up again.
4) Could be game mechanics
5) It does still hold the titans at bay, but I don't think this'd be an AP feat anyway
6) I agree
7) I agree
2) It does

3) You'd think so but

1. We see the Titan in Taras was killed by a Crucible
  2. Icon dies the same way
  3. The Titan Champion dies without specification but WOG confirms he did it with weapons and his sword is alluded to
So it nullifies Ress but it has to be stronger then Slayer since we have no instance of him killing one without

Champion is close but again

Honestly all of hellbeast’s points for downgrading the slayer are weak and it just takes a long time to convince him other wise because he doesn’t throughly read what I’m saying.
I do

The points are your points aren't convincing and rely upon the same 5 fallacies

"OH BUT SLAYER DID AN THING WITH DA ARGENT. OH AND THE MAKYR DID A BIG SHAKY SHAKE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back