• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

Khan_Maykr_Light_Beam.jpg

I said last thread that the Maykr could have a "possibly Speed of Light Attack Speed." I wan't being definite about it.

That's why @DeadButDreaming and I wanted to know what the source files said about the attack.

Jangles211 said:
Shouldn't the icon physically scale to his blackhole creation considering argent energy amps physicals lol.
@Firestorm808

I second this,if the storm is to be considered Argent Plamsa infused and thus scaling tho the Icon's physical's,why wouldn't the Icon's universal feats be scaled to physical stats if it using the same method of tearing a hole between Earth's dimension's and hell's the same way the 2016 crucible did(I.e maintaining a rift between worlds with pure argent energy).

@Antvasima, I'm not sure. I know some details where, but kind of lost track. There was something about a storm calculation that's going to upgrade the god tiers, but the black hole that destroys the planet is considered iffy. There's also other things being discussed.

@Firestorm, this page should be helpful on deciding.

Again, if you guys are using the storm to scale to physicals then the blackhole creation should also scale due to argent energy amping physicals.

The black hole thing should also have the creation calculated first. And I know recall the statement meaning something about the planet and not sure about the Universal statement. And they're calculated using GBE and not Mass Energy conversion.

It's larger than the earth at a baseline, that would be like 2000 solar masses as is, possibly larger considering it's meant to absorb the entire universe and all.

Regardless it would put him above planetary.

the icon of sin is constantly increasing its power as samuel says that the more time passes the stronger it will become, the black hole will surely be when it reaches its top, because if it already had these it would be inconsistent

He was already capable of warping the universe and breaking down physics, I doubt it would be much longer before spacetime itself collapsed given the urgent time frame.

Given the fact that Doomguy walks away in a cutscene without a scratch or hint of being tired he likely didn't have too much issue with the Icon as is.

That's fairly ambiguous given that even a year would be "urgent" when it's the entire planet or even universe at stake.

Urgent means it needs to be addressed immediately, if there was a year left then Doomguy wouldn't need to urgently defeat the Icon and could prepare, if there is no given timeframe in an urgent event then the sooner the better, that's what makes logical sense.

im┬Àme┬Àdi┬Àate /i╦êmēdēət/ Learn to pronounce adjective 1. occurring or done at once; instant. "the authorities took no immediate action"

Can I get everyone to just focus on one issue at a time please? It is extremely difficult to discuss and contest points if everyone brings up 10 points at once.

I'll put a "Current Topic" at the top of the OP, and we'll focus on that until it is completed.

Current Topic: Icon of Sin Physical AP

Priority: Physical/Visual feats have priority over Codex interpretations

Firestorm808 said:
I still strongly believe that's fire. It looks like fire and I think the slayer gets on fire when hit by it if I remember correctly. Also, it sets the ground on fire too. Lasers and light based attacks generally don't behave that way right? Cause if it was light wouldn't it just leave burn marks on the floor?

Uhh.

That looks absolutely nothing like fire and behaves absolutely not like fire should.

Are you aware that lasers can emit heat? Evidently it is hot enough to light doomguy on fire, don't know how that makes it not a laser.

Anyways.

The icon is very clearly capable of warping spacetime and breaking down tbe implicit order of the universe (physics) just by existing, given Haydens urgency at that we MUST get back to earth and stop the icon of sin at once, the time frame for him destroying earth should be short which would be quickly followed by a breakdown of spacetime completely and a blackhole following suit, since Argent energy is known to basically to correlate to physicals and that the reality warping likely derives from the Icons immense control of it. It would be safe to assume his physicals scale to his blackhole creation.

why are we scaling argent energy to physicals again? I don't remember it directly correlating, unless it's from when the Slayer absorbs the energy in 2016 making him stronger.

I still don't think we should be scaling the Icon to his planetary destruction feat, it's a passive effect that is done through his reality warping. Never is it ever shown that the Icon can directly deal planetary damage with physical attacks, or harm planetary beings.

Also we don't know the size of the black hole to calc it, we don't see it at all, so that wont work either.

I say we put it to a vote. Those in favour of Argent Energy scaling to Icon and those opposed.

Personally i'm against it.

Unless there's a moment that i'm missing, i'm still unsure why we're scaling it.

This would go a lot more smoothly if the people arguing for the storm to scale with Icon's physicals can post evidence with their claim.

I was under the impression that if it causes the storm causally, his physical stats should be at least as powerful.

I agree with scaling the Icon to the argent energy output.About the majority of the enemies and characters use argent energy in some way or form in attacking others.(I.e the Icon of Sin using argent energy to make demons explode during the fight,the makyr drones being filled with argent energy and shooting laser at Doomguy,if shot in the head would spill out argent energy which would then heal doomguy)

It would make sense as it's most likely how the storm came about.

(Khan makyr's ball of energy was most likely argent,since that was the energy used within her suit to expand her lifespan,the ball amplified the storm in Urdak.)

Besides the Doomguy's 7-B status came from a Argent Tower explosion,which is proven to emit more force than a nuclear reactor.So if the Icon could muster the energy to create a storm in both Urdak and Earth,he should be able to scale to that storm.

If casual Argent Energy was used for the storm, then his energy attacks on the Slayer should be comparable if not stronger. In turn, the Slayer would scale.

Why wouldn't we scale argent energy to physical AP? 2016 Doomguy got accepted as tier 7 from an agent energy calc, argent energy is the source of their physical AP. Also let's just focus on the earth storm and the urdak storm and shaking feat. Let's not stampede towards low 2-C doomguy just yet. We got the 7-A accepted that's a step forward, now we have to wait on the urdak calc. The only thing left to do right now is the infinite possibilities and timelines statement about doomguy.

Accelerated development for icon of sin was agreed upon

Non- physical interaction for doomguy

Also make classic doomguy 9-A because he was beating up sentinels(who scale to barons) I would say post training or reactive power level

We should add unlimited power up time because they had a previous accepted time limit from in game mechanics, so the cheats should be no different

I am neutral about light speed attacks

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Back