• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

@DTG499

When did I say the demonic disapation happened over the course of the game? Why assume the perspective of the Earth in the Urdak portal is wrong when it is a literal space-time portal that is showing the live view of Earth? What storm are you talking about "before the game starts"? The demonic runes spread across the Earth isn't the "storm", it's hell corruption which wasn't planetary. I'm getting annoyed that you keep ignoring the game literally showing the storm the Icon created never disappearing but explaining it away with irrelevant information and assumptions. Post a screen shot that proves the Icon's storm disappeared.

The picture shown above on top of the fact he created a storm on urdak. But I get it not enough for you. So let's tally up who agrees with scaling the storm on earth and urdak to the icon?

How is the picture above proof the Icon's storm was planetary and disappeared when the cutscene the second pic is from literally proves otherwise and the portal to Earth on Urdak doesn't show a planetary storm on Earth? What is this logic?

Here's my calculation of the Icon creating the Storm over different areas:

• To calculate the energy necessary to create/destroy the clouds via condensation/vaporisation simply take the mass of the clouds (water mass, without air), in kilogram, and multiply it by the latent heat of vaporization for water, which is 2264705 J/kg.
  • The density of liquid water content in a cumulonimbus cloud is 1 gram per m^3.
  • Cloud thickness = 8000 meters
  • Area of New York City = 783800000 m^2
    • Volume = 6.2704*10^12 m^3
    • Mass = 6.2704*10^9 kg
    • Condensation = 1.4200606232*10^16 J Low 7-B
  • Area of Rhode Island = 4002000000 m^2
    • Mass = 3.2016*10^10 kg
    • Condensation = 7.250679528*10^16 J 7-B
  • Area of California = 423970694000 m^2
    • Mass = 3.391765552*10^12 kg
    • Condensation = 7.6813484044*10^18 J High 7-A
  • Area of Texas = 695621000000 m^2
    • Mass = 5.564968*10^12 kg
    • Condensation = 1.2603010854*10^19 J High 7-A
  • Area of Alaska
    • Condensation = 3.1123460345*10^19 J 6-C
  • Area of Brazil
    • Condensation = 1.5428560083*10^20 J 6-C
  • Area of Arctic Ocean
    • Condensation = 2.5339214989*10^20 J 6-C
  • Area of Pacific Ocean
    • Condensation = 2.7685438591*10^21 J Low 6-B
  • Area of Half the Earth
    • Condensation = 4.6197142868*10^21 J Low 6-B

Considering the immediacy of the Icon devastating Earth and the Slayer needing to stop it, I would place the Icon's area of storm at the time at the California to Arctic Ocean range.

Where does the camera zoom out to when the Icon is killed, that could give us a better idea where we are.

Ok but remind me again, why would Icon scale to this physically?

apparently because the storm is caused by argent energy, it scales to his physicals. I wasn't around when this was agreed though so I don't know if there's anything else to it.

Yeah, if they use a certain mystical energy (In this case Argent plasma) for storms, and they use the same amount of is used for all their strongest physical attacks, then it scales.

We should add a couple things while waiting for the urdak calc. How about that Acausality/destiny manipulation for DG from the divinity machine statements. Accelerated development for icon of sin from samual's statements.

Also where do we stand on adding cheats as optional equipment, especially the infinite lives cheat.

I'm not too sure we should add acausality for Slayer. The machine simply said that in every future, the Slayer would destroy Urdak, regardless of whatever the Makyrs did. However, we don't exactly know what the Makyrs are capable of, at least, not in a way that would give Slayer acausality.

I think we should be ok adding what's already been agreed.

Do cheats get mentioned in-lore or something? I don't see why they wouldn't just be game mechanics.

The Maykrs have a statement of being "Arbiters of Countless Dimensions" Which could further warrant their capability to see into universes/timelines.

MaykrDimension
This could potentially back up the slayer having Acausality but "Dimensions" could be referring to anything here.

Here's my take on how we narrow down the general storm size:

• Total Land Mass = 29.2% of its total surface = 148939063133000 m^2
  • Earth Destruction Time frame
    • 6 hr
    • 12 hr
    • 18 hr
    • 24 hr
  • Destruction Area/hr
    • 2.4823177189*10^13 m^2
    • 1.2411588594*10^13 m^2
    • 8.2743923963*10^12 m^2
    • 6.2057942972*10^12 m^2
  • Condensation Energy
    • 4.4973738796*10^20 J High 6-C
    • 2.2486869398*10^20 J 6-C
    • 1.4991246265*10^20 J 6-C
    • 1.1243434699*10^20 J 6-C

I think demons getting Type 2 Immortality and resistance to Soul Manipulation too should be fine. no one seems to disagree with either.

What are your thought on the Storm Calc?

At least 6-C, possibly higher physically. 3-A with Reality Warping

I think the realty warping warrants a low 2-C because he was stated to be warping time and space.

I also think doomguy should get reality warping resistance.

@kieranH10 power ups had an accepted time limit because of in game mechanics so cheats should be the same case.

Cheats, like collectables, are pick ups. They're as real as the collectables themselves, which Slayer displays in his room.

I lowballed the storm size by lowballing the time it would take for the Icon to destroy every piece of land.

Are you referring to when he corrupted the Maykr Drones with the seal on his chest?

As we were discussing the size of the storm, @Dienomite22 was very adamant that we can't scale the Urdak storm to a planetary Earth storm outright. From there, I just started doing condensation calculations to see what the Tier spread was.

We know that the Icon creates a storm at its location, and its safe to assume that when he's done devastating the Earth, it would be covered by his storms. Because of Samuel's urgency to get back to Earth and stop the Titan, we estimate that the Icon would be done in less than a day. From there, I was calculating different storm grown times.

Do you have any adjustments to recommend?

I'm just wondering what you're basing the size from. Since it sounds like a lot of speculation.

I'm just making the spread until we can agree on how big the storm should be. Personally, I want to scale the Icon to being stronger than the demon who broke the moon. It wasn't the BFG because it was at Mar's moon of Phobos, and the point of impact was on Earth's side of the moon.

What other possibility could it be besides demons? Isn't this where Occam's razor steps in?

Could've been done by some sort of weapon, or over time, or who knows what else. Just saying that a random demon destroyed the whole Moon with a single punch is very much into headcanon territory and can't be used as evidence for upgrades, unless we get more information.

Back