• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doesn't small planet feat for the Thing seem like an outlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never done any other feats like that ever since or before. And considering Colossus is stated by Marvel as being around the Thing's level, it seems unlikely he'd also be small planet level as he's never shown such power.

I'm not stating he isn't small planet level, just questioning the constistency of this claim.

Can you please put the thing you're talking about on your post from now on? I realize it's in the topics, but it really should be in the main post, as well.

Promestein said:
Can you please put the thing you're talking about on your post from now on? I realize it's in the topics, but it really should be in the main post, as well.
Sorry, I'll edit it

Well, I agree that it is a very high level feat compared to his regular ones, and that Marvel is so ridiculously inconsistent that characters go from wall level to high universe level from story to story, so the fact that he has held his own against the Hulk and the Champion of the Universe does not really hold up much.

However, we have to use some sort of scaling for the "Class 90-100" characters below the "Above Class 100" characters, and for what it is worth, Wonder Man, who is in the same category, has also been stated as capable of destroying planets.

We generally tend to go by the high level feats for characters like Hulk, Thor, and the Silver Surfer, while disregarding the completely outlandish ones.

Antvasima said:
We generally tend to go by the high level feats for characters like Hulk, Thor, and the Silver Surfer, while disregarding the completely outlandish ones.
Such as unamped Thor blasting a hole through Mikaboshi's chest with a bolt of lightning?

Pretty much, yes, although I don't remember such a feat.

Antvasima said:
Pretty much, yes, although I don't remember such a feat.
IIRC, it was after 'Boshi had fully powered up and was invading 616. Granted, the attack didn't actually hurt him, but it did stop him for a second, which is absurd.

Edit: This.

Yes. And par for the course for Marvel. There is no consistency or story logic whatsoever to the franchise if seen as a whole.

Antvasima said:
Yes. And par for the course for Marvel. There is no consistency or story logic whatsoever to the franchise if seen as a whole.
Alright, makes sense. Thanks.

But seriously, with the way I've been seeing you talking about Marvel, one would assume you hate their stories.

No. I am a longtime reader of thousands of their stories. I am just very very jaded regarding the inconsistencies of their story mechanics.

I do strongly dislike H.P. Lovecraft, Warhammer40000, and similar stories however. I find them to suffocate people with awfulness.

Antvasima said:
I do strongly dislike H.P. Lovecraft, Warhammer40000, and similar stories however. I find them to suffocate people with awfulness.
What's wrong with HP. Lovecraft? Read one of his books. Enjoyed it ok.

Well, I just dislike nihilistic cosmic horror.

Edit: Azathoth posted quicker than I did.

Well: "Inconsistency, thy name is Marvel".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back