• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who: Time Lord and Dalek Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
For the past week I have worked on trying to revise the Time Lords

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Time_Lord_Revisions_and_more

Here is my blog on what I have in store for Time Lords, but Daleks too need changes due to the nature of the time war and some weapons Colonel Krukov mentioned in his blog

The changes for the Time Lords is already shown, but for Daleks:

1. Causing a human to just turn into atoms is 2.99 gigajoules, which is only a bit higher than the Paradigm Dalek yields Col found. The quote the Daleks even said in Victory of the Daleks when they did it was

WHITE DALEK: "Cleanse the unclean! Total obliteration! Disintegrate!"

It would be safe to assume this was their ultra-high dialed yield that is stated to atomize humans. I would assume normal blasts are only just superior to the TW dalek gunsticks. So they should be 9-A | 8-C at full power

2. More-so, the Time War dragged on quite a while, and they interchanged and technology so constantly that there was barely a difference between Dalek and Time Lord technology aside from aethstetic at one point. Quotes are in the blog, so all the tiers dealing with Time War Time Lords apply to Time War Daleks too.

So, how are these revisions?

Just to be clear, everything in my blog should be able to be used by the Doctor as preparation time.

I also agree with the above changes.

LightningBlaze01 said:
Seems fair enough. Have we seen technology of the Time War Daleks being comparable to Time War Time Lords? I can't recall.

There are two quotes in my blog (its its own section) which show that they eventually used the same technologies in the war.

When I get home tomorrow, I might add to the revisions. We need more on the Cybermen, Sontarans, Ice Warriors, and Sillurians.

I would appreciate if people knowledgeable about Doctor Who could read through the blog post in question. However, from a quick skim, I am very uncertain if removing a planet from regular time-space can be rated as High Universe level.

Just going to bump this for further input

@Ant Who else can I contact for input on this thread?

Is the time web related to the time vortex? If so, erasing a small area across a dozen or so dimensions from existence should count as a high 3-A feat,

Do season 6-10 have any feats for the Time Lords? I hear tons of stuff happened in Season 9, but not sure.

I'm not knowledgeable on Doctor Who, but I don't see much issues here.

Not sure about the High 3-A stuff though.

Promestein said:
I'm not knowledgeable on Doctor Who, but I don't see much issues here.
Not sure about the High 3-A stuff though.
Due to the controversy over the high 3-A rating, I will just include that with the unknown rating as hax

Very good job, FanofRPGs! This is really nice! And the example page for the revisions is reallly excellent, too! Gimmie a little time to read over the posts and a bit of material once more; perhaps I can help out a little here!

Actually, I think the High 3-A+ stuff is ok. The cool thing to see is that Validium can damage the universes space-time continuum, not just that it can erase a planet's history (although that's neat, too). Typically we give High 3-A+ ratings for say, erasing parts of history, but it also fits for any substantial 4-D damage that isn't an entire universe. Here's the quote for reference, see the part about punching holes in the fabric of the universe:

"The important thing is, the warship was armed with what the Time Lords considered to be the ultimate weapon. Think about it, Guest. How do you destroy a planet, when your enemies know as much about weapons technology as you do? It's no good trying to just blow it up. There are devices that can prevent that kind of physical damage. No. The Time Lords fitted their ship with a weapon that could remove things from the continuum, remove entire worlds, beyond any hope of recovery.'You see, they remembered their own past. They remembered how Rassilon had punched holes in the universe, and let some terrible things in from the places outside. So that was what they built the weapon to do. To poke a great big hole in the space-time continuum, and let the target planet get sucked through into the universe next door, to be torn to shreds by the things that live there. Complete destruction. You understand? Complete annihilation.'So, at the centre of their warship, they built their weapons system. They engineered a substance ― I don't know how it works, exactly ― that exists on the boundary between the two worlds, our world and the other universe. If you look at that substance, you can see the things from the outer planes, trying to get through to our side of reality. It's probably validium-based, I should think. The ship's been damaged over the years, so some of the material's started seeping up to the ship's surface. But you know that, don't you?"

EDIT: This also fits with the Daleks's deadly de-mat guns, which erase stuff from history. You can read more in the SpaceBattles thread, but I've gotta go right now.

Also, let's discuss Time Lord concept/void manipulation. I want to explore the matter of erasing magic to an extent that only the Carnival Queen (Who should be 11-D or 12-D, imho) could bring it back, as well as if they posed any threat to the Guardians of Time, who saw the Time Lords as worthy of making treaties with (not sure about this one).

They waged huge wars on the void, and we saw in Armageddon that there is voidal matter, which can be destroyed.

I am wondering what Artron Cannons are if they can kill off Chronovores, are they hax or brute force?

Also, the high 3-A weapon with Validium is a super-weapon so I put in near the end along with the De-Mat Gun, the Moment, The Armageddon Sapphire, etc. The 3-C to high 3-A rating is for weapons which are not specified.

Whoa, just use "@Freeman," please! But, yes, that could be a good point about the void! In that case, we see Time Lords destroying parts of the Void, which lacks any time or space.

I think both, mainly the latter.

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
Whoa, just use "@Freeman," please! But, yes, that could be a good point about the void! In that case, we see Time Lords destroying parts of the Void, which lacks any time or space.
I think both, mainly the latter.
I think we need to see if there are more direct quotes for the void being used in the books, so that we can add void manipulation for some of their ships. Unless we add water manipulation to all boats just because they are used in water.

To manipulate the void, you would need dimensional manipulation, as it is a 0-D nonexistence. To manipulate that is to be pretty haxed when it comes with matter.

I thought I heard the Time Lords could actually damage the Void itself, though. I'll check and respond if I find anything, don't bother if nothing comes up. But do discuss the magic stuff.

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
I thought I heard the Time Lords could actually damage the Void itself, though. I'll check and respond if I find anything, don't bother if nothing comes up. But do discuss the magic stuff.
The Doctor actually said a void-faring ship was only theoretical, so there might be limits to what even can be done there.

The Doctor actually said a void-faring ship was only theoretical, so there might be limits to what even can be done there.

The Daleks have a void ship remember?

Well I'm not knowledgable for Doctor Who but these seem reasonable to me

What are the reasons for the Time Lords' immeasurable lifting strength?

Also, there should be 3 keys at the bottom for most of the statistics, not just 2.

The attack potency values are not structured in the regular manner that our profiles are suppose to have, and come across as confusing.

Antvasima said:
What are the reasons for the Time Lords' immeasurable lifting strength?
Also, there should be 3 keys at the bottom for most of the statistics, not just 2.

The attack potency values are not structured in the regular manner that our profiles are suppose to have, and come across as confusing.
They can cut off and carry pieces of space-time off the universe with their ships

Fixed the keys part

The attack potency would look even more confusing and convoluted if put as one, it would look like this

Wall level | Mountain level with Parallel Cannons (Fires out focused neutrinos which cause quantum shattering, annihilating matter. It can cut and boil off mountain-tops and can eat a hole through a planet in hours) | Large Star level (Black stars can annihilate 1,000,000,000 km of space) | Ar least Galaxy level (It is stated weapons in the Time Lord arsenal can take apart galaxies), likely with other tech | Unknow for many devices (Most technologies durability, used temporal abilities which negate or warp their enemy from the time vortex or reality) | High Universe level with The Cold (This substance can be used to tear out giant chunks of the space-time continuum and push into another reality where it is annihilated) | High Complex Multiverse level with the Armageddon Sapphire (considered the ultimate weapon by the Gallifreyans, capable of tearing reality apart and causing the Higher Place to collapse into Calabi-Yau Space.) | High Complex Multiverse level with the Ultimate Sanction (Was going to destroy the entire Time Vortex) | Unknow with The Moment (Was going to destroy everything inside the Last Great Time War) | Star level to Solar System level (TARDIS' can burn up Stars for power and tow white dwarf stars) | High Universe level (TARDISes can slice off portions of the universe and set them adrift into the Void) | High Multiverse level+ (The TARDIS exists coterminally on 5 dimensional levels) | High Complex Multiverse level (TARDISes contain 11-dimensional matrixes, the Master and Doctor's TARDISes when working together defeated the Quantum Archangel, and War TARDISes are powered by hundreds of Mini-Eyes of Harmony) | Low Complex Multiverse level with Artron Cannons and Klypstromic Warheads (They could use these weapons to destroy Chronovores and irradiate portions of the time vortex for millions of years) | High Complex Multiverse levels with Trandsuction Barriers (the Time Lords can create 10-dimensional transduction barriers for protection)

I don't want to take up half the page with just AP, and it would be hard to find which is which under this style. The tabber makes it clear which is their capabilities normally, what they can do with super weapons, what they can do with a TARDIS, and what other technologies could do.

Well, it seems to end up very confusing no matter what we do then.

Anyway, most of the statistics seem fine, but "Star level to Solar System level (TARDIS' can burn up Stars for power and tow white dwarf stars)" should be changed to "At least Star level", and "High Universe level (TARDISes can slice off portions of the universe and set them adrift into the Void)" seems suspicious, at least going by the description.

There are literally cutting off space-time continuum warts off the universe, and BFRing it, that sounds high 3-A to me

Okay, but then you need to change the sentence to "TARDISes can slice off portions of the universal space-time continuum, and set them adrift into the Void".

Antvasima said:
Okay, but then you need to change the sentence to "TARDISes can slice off portions of the universal space-time continuum, and set them adrift into the Void".
okay

I am still concerned with that we need to come up with some better way to structure the statistics however.

I am also concerned with writing out the changes for the Doctor's page. In my blog, there's 97 different additions to make, not all of them are weaponry, but it's still a large amount of content to add. I know I can separate the "equipment" section into tabbers, but adding the statistics will prove to be quite difficult.

Well, I suppose I can tabber the attack potency match his key.

Physically|Standard Equipment|With Preparation time

Also, should the Time Lords be downgraded to match the physical statistics of the Doctor, or the other way round?

They should probably be physically downgraded to his level.

Colonel Krukov said:
Well, I suppose I can tabber the attack potency match his key.
Physically|Standard Equipment|With Preparation time

Also, should the Time Lords be downgraded to match the physical statistics of the Doctor, or the other way round?
Didn't the doctor spend an eternity punching at a diamond wall or something? Time Lords should compare to that. They should also have similar speed, as it was stated "Time Lords are 10x faster in reactions than humans" or something. All the biological things for time lords should be added for Rassilion, Omega, The Master, and the Doctor

Well, punching a diamond wall a few times and not breaking your hand is probably 9-C at the very least.

I also think that the feat of jumping out of an aircraft should be calced.

I'm sorry but that looks like a mess. I'm not actually sure what to do here...but most of the statistics look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back