• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Suggestion, Revision, and Speculation Thread

I mean if he was lying it would count as fourth wall awareness

"Did you think it was all real, Doctor? Truly? I'm the first to admit I got it wrong sometimes. The reality filters cut out every now and then, but you never seemed to notice the plastic Daleks or the bendy dinosaurs or that quite ridiculous giant plush rat. Did it never cross your mind to wonder why that time tunnel you fell into recently was actually, literally decorated with Christmas tinsel? A total failure on my part. I tried to distract you by bringing the Daleks out again, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I need have tried so hard. You were obviously completely oblivious to the whole thing"

Althlugh crap we might need to remove type 8 from daleks nkw

The point was two truths and a lie, I believe, and he was actually playing the game seriously to the point where it was a normal game with all the rules, so 2/3rds of it was true. I highly doubt he manipulated The Doctor's adventures from the very beginning, because he didn't really have a lot of influence outside his Toyroom until the Seventh Doctor's era.

I suppose that makes sense.

What was that even from?

1) So do we still count him as manipulating the villains he claimed to?

2) Okay

3) Originally we credited the TARDIS defending against the black guardian as a feat for the key. I... still don't get why we credit it to the TARDIS, considering the black guardian was portrayed as far more powerful than it during "The Well mannered war." Or the celestial Toymaker ******* it over during Solitaire

I'm not sure. Technically manipulating villains is a part of manipulating The Doctor's adventures.

No we didn't. You suggested that and I turned it down because he outright says it's the full defences of the TARDIS, which also very briefly survived an attack from the Quantum Archangel and many Elder Gods. He wasn't, The Doctor blocked him in that story as well, while he was at his most powerful, and the TARDIS has recieved many upgrades since The Celestial Toymaker, a very early story.

How, and what's the context? Also, even that wouldn't require enough power to bypass its full defences, just the Eye of Harmony.

Welll... it's not really explained, the Story starts with him aldeady having stole the TARDIS.

Althoooough one other thing for Doc's durability

Shouldn't he have type 3 Acausality with the moment?

So he didn't even disable it? He just stole it?

He's never even used the moment. Also, it's just a destructive weapon for him, it's not like he becomes acasual.

Is Zach or someone able to copy-paste the source code of my DW blogs?

I'd rather they work on them, I am going off the wiki for a while..

I actually have a ton of sources and novels saved up for the cosmology stuff. Plus, I'm the one only who can see the code, aren't I? So I'd be happy to do it.

More carnical queen powers

Cardinal Catilin was just completing the new inventory of the Collection of Necessary Secrets when the commotion began. There was an unfamiliar sound from the hall where the great reptile bones were held, rattling things slamming themselves against the walls. Catilin hurriedly unlocked the doors, convinced that the ever-zealous Cardinal Tuscanini was venting his anger on the 'unholy relics' again. When he saw that it was the reptiles themselves making the noise ― the skeletons climbing out of their glass cases, the fossils unpinning themselves from the walls, the lizards walking upright like men ― he immediately lost a sizeable portion of his sanity. However, when the creatures began crawling towards him, asking him to hear their confessions and begging God to forgive them their sins, the Cardinal could do nothing else but go entirely mad.

In China, the trickster-god No Cha descended from his house-outside-of-time and challenged Emperor Yung-Yen to a game of dice, with the accumulated souls of his ancestors as the stake. In France, the gargoyles of Notre Dame revealed themselves to be the Lords of Misrule, and began hurling rocks at Parisians on the streets below, pausing only to rip the throats out of passing pigeons. Across Eastern Europe, fresh graves opened, the Nosferatu returning from the silent lands to dance with their families one more time. The dead had carnival celebrations of their own.

Earth, of course, wasn't big enough to contain all the possibilities. A few emerged on Venus, where the wind sang a funeral lament for a lost civilization, the song becoming a living, chuckling thing that looked for a new home amongst the stars. On Mars, the red sands parted to make way for canals of purest springwater, platinum fish swimming in the cracked helmets of long-dead warriors. More than four light-years away, on the seventh planet of the Alpha Centauri system, the thirty-six-legged demon Trama-Tayn-Ku-Ku-Ro sprang from its ancient tomb, and it rained liquid copper across an entire continent.

Aeons in the past, on a planet very near the centre of the galaxy, ancient automatic defence systems spontaneously activated themselves, and around the Capitol six hundred Time Lords simultaneously claimed to be possessed by the ghost of Morbius. In her office, the Lady President experienced an unexpected epileptic fit, during which she signed an order for three hundred prisoners to be released from a prison asteroid. Dragon tattoos snapped like flytraps on the arms of the convicts as they stepped out of stasis, and leading them was the 'voodoo priest of the House of Lungbarrow', the one they called Grandfather Paradox, who ― according to popular fable ― had only escaped execution because everyone was more afraid of him dead than alive. An embryo in one of the gene-looms began scratching the blueprints of a demat-gun into the semiotic fluid that surrounded it. Murder was etched across the face of the planet. The Eye of Harmony winked.

Wait, hold on. The sixth doctor upgraded his TARDIS so it could fight guardians right?

But the carnival queen could **** with the seventh doctors TARDIS, and nothing he had could even effect her

The tardis defenses were at maximum?

and could not an ancient god random pass through the defense of the Tardis 14th doctor too?

maybe they vary by story was the same writer?

Fate manip for toymaker?

'My games, notorious!' replied the Toymaker. "Really Doctor, you are quite wrong.' The Toymaker motioned to his elaborate office: 'This is my universe. All I expect people to do is to play games to amuse themselves. It also amuses me to see them play. There is no web to enmesh them. If they continue to play throughout eternity, perhaps they were - how shall I say? - fated to do so.' 'Fate?' The Doctor paused for a moment then leant forward and picked up a small, perfectly made model of an astronaut off the Toymaker's desk and stared down at it suspiciously. 'I suspect this fellow was one of your victims of fate. Was he amused by your games?' The Toymaker's eyes flicked over towards the small astronaut doll. He shrugged. 'Perhaps he was, Doctor but then he lost the game, you see, and became one of my toys.' The Toymaker reached over, took the doll from the Doctor's hand and put it back on the desk. 'But, like all my dolls, he will have a chance to play another game and regain his human form. Surely this is what life is all about. We all play games, even you, Doctor.' 'Your universe, Toymaker, has blinded you to reality. Everything is not predetermined according to your desires. Humans do have free will.' The Doctor leant back, crossed his arms and shook his head obstinately. 'I refuse to play your games,' he said. 'But you are here now, Doctor, and subject to my will,' replied the Toymaker. 'I have a doll's house hanging over there which should be just right for you. It's full of furniture that exactly matches the period of your clothes; Victorian, I think.' The Doctor stared back at him. 'I should never have come out of the TARDIS

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Wait, hold on. The sixth doctor upgraded his TARDIS so it could fight guardians right?
But the carnival queen could **** with the seventh doctors TARDIS, and nothing he had could even effect her
Then that's more evidence for the Carnival Queen being superior to the Guardians, or the crappy continuity control of Virgin Novel writers.

Hmmm.

How about "Due to having effected the doctors TARDIS even after it had been fully upgraded, and having destabilized the cosmic hierarchy, it is possible the carnival queen is above even the guardians of time"

Seems fine to me. She also called the Great Old Ones puny even after they transitioned into the rational universe.

She should have a "Likely many others" under her powers since she put magic back in and magic can do lots of others things, albeit we don't know entirely what

The carnival queen is also above grandfather paradox, who can do this

'Grandfather Paradox. The stories say he was a Time Lord, but there's no record of his existence on

Gallifrey. He must have done the same thing the Celestis did. He must have erased himself from the timeline and put himself into conceptual space. I wonder if the Celestis realise? They must have some

idea, there'll be Faction victims all over the place...'

-Alien Bodies

The six fold god is the only High 1-C she's not definitely above

So any new stuff from the finale

All I can think of is the Master gets a new range feat for Telepathy, Extrasensory Perception for the Doctor and the TCE can kill Cybermen

(Warning: This post contained bad words and spoilers from the latest episode below)

Okay guys, after I watched the Timeless Children, I think I'll quit watching Doctor Who for a while (maybe until the storyline got retconned, or Chris Chibnell quit Doctor Who or got fired? I dunno).

-The 13th Doctor being female? I like it. It's like we get something new.

-The Series gets more bad writings? It's fine, there are good and bad in everything.

-The story involved more political? Still fine for me.

But Ruth Clayton is the incarnation before the First Doctor? That's bullshit. Go f*ck yourself, Chibnall. You don't have to retconned the very first Doctor we know and love.

I also hate the that Chibnell retconned the Doctor into the Timeless Child, the whole concept of "a normal Time Lord, sailed off to see the universe" was good enough. We don't want the Doctor to be someone special, just a normal one who wants to make a difference to the universe.

And the Timeless Children was discovered on another planet, the Doctor is not even a Gallifreyan or a Time Lord anymore!

Power-wise? It's good, the Doctor can infinitely regenerates.

Story-wise? You might pull the trigger and killed me off right now, like how Chibnell killed off Doctor Who.

Ruth was one of the Doctor past incarnations from before what we've thought was the Doctor's first incarnation, the are also several incarnations before that (those past incarnations are "the Timeless Child", and the Doctor has been regenerated many times before becoming Hartnell's Doctor), but the memory had been redacted from the Doctor's mind.

To be fair, if "the Timeless Child" incarnations was put in the timeline "after" the First Doctor, I would not be angry at all.

Ruth is very clearly Pre-Hartnell.

Honestly though, the amount of flaws in the canon that Chibnall introduced though with the new episode is actually stupid. This was done for what reason exactly? To make the Morbius Doctors canon to the series? You'd think Clara delving into his personal timestream or the 11th Doctor's whole shtick of running out of Regenerations would also be evident to Chibnall the series had no sort of intention for something like that to fit in. Rassilon even asks how many Regenerations they gave the Doctor, we didn't need Infinite Regenerations explained with the Doctor being the timeless child for the idea to work. Though I guess this should technically give the Doctor more than Longevity if he/she can endlessly regenerate from the implications.

After the latest episode, here's my thoughts:

Dear Chibnell

Thank you for giving us the thrilling and excited episode.

Thank you for remembers the previous classic storyline.

Thank you for remembers Rory.

Thank you for letting me see the previous Doctors again.

And last, **** You for your stupid retconned.

Sincerely,

Someone who loves Doctor Who

Appearantly Chibnall stated that "Timeless Child" storyline is a five-year plan.

So, the story of Timeless Child might took some turn.

Goddamnit, please be a good one. (but I won't expect too much tbh)

Let's ignore most of Chris' new stuff until it becomes more... clear. But I agree he is ******* everything up.

Unless we can give him Low Godly that is

Sounds fine

Better than Doctor Who.

It's dead. Gone. Ruined. The Doctor never escaped the confession dial, that light wasn't the light of escape, it was the light of yet more pitfalls and trials to overcome in an endless horrific dream. They are inside a dream. Just a dream.

We live inside a dream
We live inside a dream

Of course they had to ruin it so badly, and ruin a childhood show. Unfair

@FanofRPGs @NoMoreTalking

Well, according to the Remnants, the Doctor still an outcast. Maybe the concepts of "an unimportant figure travels around and saving the universe" are still the same

"We see what's hidden even from yourself, the outcast, abandoned and unknown." - The Remnants

Yeah, that's the only good thing I can find, sigh.

It's like they're slowly killing DW.

@Zach Let's wait for ByAsura.

Add that she's above grandfather paradox and possible guardians under her AP, add Necromancy, Soul Manipulation, Transmutation, and "likely many others"

Back