• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Suggestion, Revision, and Speculation Thread

...did you read what I wrote? The black guardian thing was BEFORE the sixth doctor, it was the 4th doctors TARDIS.

And

"Yes, and Kronos is also far above The Master's TARDIS or pretty much any TARDIS, but he doesn't surpass the Eye of Harmony. The Doctor's TARDIS has pretty much no weaponry and a very powerful defence system"

Uhhhhhhhhh

And the Fourth Doctor is also consistently able to defend himself from those kinds of beings.

Yes, he beat the Angel by manipulating space in conjunction with another TARDIS. The Doctor's TARDIS is generally not very well armed, and even then it only manipulated space into weapons.

Fate manipulation wasn't from that, it was from this

'My games, notorious!' replied the Toymaker. "Really Doctor, you are quite wrong.' The Toymaker motioned to his elaborate office: 'This is my universe. All I expect people to do is to play games to amuse themselves. It also amuses me to see them play. There is no web to enmesh them. If they continue to play throughout eternity, perhaps they were - how shall I say? - fated to do so.' 'Fate?' The Doctor paused for a moment then leant forward and picked up a small, perfectly made model of an astronaut off the Toymaker's desk and stared down at it suspiciously. 'I suspect this fellow was one of your victims of fate. Was he amused by your games?' The Toymaker's eyes flicked over towards the small astronaut doll. He shrugged. 'Perhaps he was, Doctor but then he lost the game, you see, and became one of my toys.' The Toymaker reached over, took the doll from the Doctor's hand and put it back on the desk. 'But, like all my dolls, he will have a chance to play another game and regain his human form. Surely this is what life is all about. We all play games, even you, Doctor.' 'Your universe, Toymaker, has blinded you to reality. Everything is not predetermined according to your desires. Humans do have free will.' The Doctor leant back, crossed his arms and shook his head obstinately. 'I refuse to play your games,' he said. 'But you are here now, Doctor, and subject to my will,' replied the Toymaker. 'I have a doll's house hanging over there which should be just right for you. It's full of furniture that exactly matches the period of your clothes; Victorian, I think.' The Doctor stared back at him. 'I should never have come out of the TARDIS

Which is a different book altogether

It is.

Okay thanks.

Also, while the bad wolf is apparently the moment why is the moment even High 1-C? Destroying the time lords and the daleks isn't an AP feat unless it destroyed the transduction barriers too... which, I don't think it did

Possibly, but the scene seemed to show an entity that looked like Rose saying "I'm the moment, or bad wolf, never sure which" which... doesent really imply that.

Yes, it's like the only magic that survived the anchoring aside from the lay lines, IIRC. I don't believe all telepathy is considered psi, though.

No, the lay lines are the source of psionic energy/"mana"

"The world solidified around us, like water turning to ice. Squeezing out the magick. But, like an ice cube, there were little cracks and bubbles. Psi was the last magick to survive, perhaps because it was the least impossible, the closest to science. The residue of psi became a network of ley lines, stretching through the universe in improbable directions. It's still there."

That quote says psi magic is responsible for the lay lines, not the other way 'round. It's still magic, regardless.

Wait, I found the script of the Masters conceptual bomb audio drama and it seems legit

DOCTOR: No point fighting when we're completely outclassed, is there? MASTER: I don't know what you think you're playing at, Doctors, but you're right. You cannot succeed. Not when your Tardis is about to cease ever to have existed. DOCTOR 4: Well, quite. MASTER: And if it never existed, it could never have left Gallifrey. You will never have meddled in the affairs of others, because that Tardis you stole wouldn't have been there at the precise moment when you made the decision to run. Because it was a rash decision, wasn't it, Doctor? Hmm? A decision from a lowly bookworm who dared to dream of another life beyond the cloisters of his home world. An impulse to act that would have faded away if that Tardis had not been there, waiting for you at that precise moment.

It appeared for half the book as a result of the Quantum Archangel's manipulations. It's not optional and I think it dissapeared after the universe was reverted to its previous state.

That's different. The Master didn't get it through his own power or technology. It was the Quantum Archangel who shifted reality.

• But some of these new universes demanded more personal attention. She reached out for the Master and saw him, felt his fear and anguish. She saw the Divine Host, its vengeance searing across the vortex ― and she knew that the Master needed her help. The Quantum Archangel would not countenance his death at the hands of the Divine Host. So she took his reality and improved it. The Master's TARDIS shot from the funnel of superstrings seconds before the Divine Host. The Chronovores immediately split into two legions, obviously trying to create a pincer movement to trap him. For a moment, he shuddered as the console room blurred around him ― another of those dimensional effects that he suspected were caused by his pushing his TARDIS so far beyond its operating parameters. Shaking his head to clear the afterimages, he looked up at the holographic scanner that dominated one side of the battle chamber. He could see the Chronovores re-forming behind the bristling sphere that was his Type 94 WarTARDIS: two shining crescents closing in for the kill.

It should have been unbeatable: omniscient, omnipotent. But the two TARDISes were holding their own. Both machines had been reworked again and again since their birth in the TARDIS cradles, with countless improvements from countless civilisations. And for the first time since they had both left those same cradles, they were on the same side. The Quantum Archangel was losing. The two TARDISes, fighting as one, broke through the sidereal barrier, knocking the Quantum Archangel away as if she were no more than an irritation, rearranging their apron wakes into whips and knives to keep her at bay. As she flailed in the vortex, a flaming figure in distress, the TARDISes reached the parallel universe of the Cla'tac'teth, found that race's planet orbiting a dead neutron star orbiting a lifeless version of the Great Attractor... ...and passed back through the sidereal barrier to another Great Attractor, leaving the Quantum Archangel on the other side

But

Yes, and that's the War TARDIS. Not the original one. The Quantum Archangel altered time-space to give him that one (meaning it did have upgrades from countless worlds), and he barely even remembered it after history was reverted.

Anyway, The Doctor could somewhat compete with the Mad Mind-Archangel fusion, whose processing power was implied on a similar level to the Matrix. This is a good intelligence feat.

The sapphire isn't the only thing the master has that's high 1-C and I feel like his justification shoud be

"Up to High Complex Multiversal with preparation (Can use the Armageddon sapphire, his conceptual bomb could destroy the TARDIS at all points in time, once obtained a crystal that allowed him to control Kronos)

There's also the dimensional node which the master claimed as above the key to time but it's kinda weird

We agreed to remove the Sapphire from both his and The Doctor's page in the past.

Oh? So just "Up to High 1-C with preperation" because of the bomb thing then?

The dimensional node thing should honestly be ignored as the master was likely lying or didn't know how strong the key to time actually was and the "dimensioneers" (The super civilization that made them) apparently were defeated by the Time Lords.

Seems fine, although Kronos is only possibly High 1-C.

There's also no indication he's held anything more than a segment of the Key, so I agree.

Also, while I have proposed we dismiss the carnival queen's description of the pre-universe before, it being magical is surprisingly consistent

LUKE: Mister Smith said every galaxy has its own form of astrology, not just Earth. What if astrology is a kind of memory of a time before? RANI: Explain. LUKE: Thirteen billion years ago, the universe was created. A massive explosion, the Big Bang. But what was there before? SARAH JANE: Nobody knows. LUKE: What if there was another universe? RANI: Where the physics were different. Where astrology worked.

The Crystal is fine.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
The master can also use his Magic to electrocute people

https://youtu.be/K9UrU3A8Lw0

Which... would be more impressive if Rassilon wasn't unknown
That was the End of Time, where he was resurrected and his lifeforce was leaking out of him, he's also much faster and stronger. This damage was repaired, but I do believe it should be a key.

It's also not inconsistent with its portrayal in BBC novels.

They Key probably could. It's not as if the Six-Fold God, who can manipulate memory amongst multiple species with absolute ease, couldn't.

MR SMITH: If Luke's theory is correct, the energy form has been waiting for exactly the right astrological conditions across the universe. Trueman's birth chart is a vital part of that equation. He is the channel the energy needs.

If Astrology was a fundamental part of the pre universe shouldn't all elder gods have fate manip

Back