• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Suggestion, Revision, and Speculation Thread

C'RIZZ: Does it matter? There are still two of them to watch over us. CHARLEY: Which we both realise is more than enough, so there's no need to shoot us again. COLLIS: The Figurehead has decided how to deal with your friend, the Doctor. CHARLEY: Ha. And I suppose she wants to kill him, too. C'RIZZ: They can't do that. Well, the Figurehead said, she said the Clockwork Men can't affect the Doctor. Something about Time. COLLIS: They can't remove him from the time stream. But there are other options.

-Time Works

Resistance to existence erasure even without prep

Weeeelll I have good news about the timeless child thing. According to "unnatural history" (Which is faction paradox but at least explains this stuff) the doctor has multiple backstories, all of which are simultaneous true, and a 6-D being even tries to solidify his past into one and fails.

So... can we count that? Because I heard faction paradox is "barely" canon

Why does the doctors Magic ability only count during his prep time key? The seventh and tenth doctors can do magic just fine on their own and psi is supposed to be a form of magic anyway

Now that I realize I think the master could be the hybrid since he has a sample of the Doctor's ADN and the race that was before the time lords. And with the description given to us in Hell Bent, it agrees with what happened with the timeless children, it is a theory but it sounds consistent, doesn't it?

The Time Lords ressurrected one of his stolen bodies (remember the Eighth Doctor film) and gave them a new set of regenerations.

I have the story. I can listen to it tomorrow. They don't mention the anchoring from what I remember, just that the Eye is the centre of the web of time.

Also, the darkheart was rejected from the masters profile because he didn't actually use it?

That seems odd. Just because he didn't use it Doesent mean he can't with prep.

You remember this conversation. Also, many villains don't have this kind of equipment, The Master is no different.

The Master is different. He was about to use it, but was stopped and has no chance of replicating this feat.

The Quantum Archangel formed from the quantum foam, her physical being solidifying from the eleven-dimensional nothingness like a brand-new star. Throwing out her wings, she announced her presence with a scream of triumph, her flames illuminating dust clouds that had been dark for aeons.

Mid godly for Lux aeterna Doctor?

Maybe remove the part about full defences, as we can't really say for certain despite it being highly likely.

She didn't regenerate there, I believe.

I think I'll bump the Cyberman thread I made.

"Maybe remove the part about full defences, as we can't really say for certain despite it being highly likely."

Hence why I wrote "at least type 3 likely type 2"

Which is speculation, as I said before. I only say it's highly likely because the TARDIS has certain weaknesses, such as dimensional forces (this is against the Guardians, as well).

And it's still complete speculation. The comment about it being highly likely was also my opinion, not a fact.

There's a comic where the TARDIS can't withstand the forces of the Toymaker's realm.

I agree, as I've stated before we should consider the guardians above the TARDIS. If we can't credit the Armageddon factor thing to the key, then it should straight up be deemed an outlier given that on literally every instance of a guardian after that they're portrayed as far superior to the TARDIS. I don't think it's even a weakness so much as just them being stronger.

The realm was literally inside the TARDIS, he also says it's not designed to withstand such forces. It can't generally travel to alternate universes either, but that's doesn't mean it's weaker.

It's not an outlier, it's very consistent and has nothing to do with the Key.

I thought that the reason the Tardis could not travel to other universe was because of the walls of time and that the pocket universe is fragile

"It's not an outlier, it's very consistent and has nothing to do with the Key."

At most i would give it to you that the third is correct. This was the fourth doctors TARDIS prior to being upgraded. In other words, an outdated type 40 TARDIS that the other time lords mass produced. And yet beings who casually stomp the time lords are weaker than the guardians.

Hell, you admitted that Kronos was portrayed as being far above the third doctors TARDIS. Unless the fourth doctor did something massive to boost his TARDIS that I'm not aware, it's an outlier.

Why couldn't he? By the time of the Sixth Doctor, he could even survive time rams due to enormous upgrades. Also, like I said, it's extremely consistent.

Yes, and Kronos is also far above The Master's TARDIS or pretty much any TARDIS, but he doesn't surpass the Eye of Harmony. The Doctor's TARDIS has pretty much no weaponry and a very powerful defence system.

@Oliver I'm not talking about that.

Back