• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Suggestion, Revision, and Speculation Thread

"Unlike the man operating the controls. The face, frowning with concentration, was unknown, but the Doctor instinctively knew who he was dealing with. Someone who would have no problems creating a localised field to override the Doctor's natural temporal grace. Gospodar, indeed. Serbian for... Was he running out of languages now?"

Master can negate probability/causality here

It's unknown how the Temporal Grace really works, just that it negates any hostile actions.

It could literally be referring to his ability to get out of and negate danger, his "plot shields". The Temporal Grace is likely not literal in this case, as it's a function of TARDISes.

Do you mean the episode of the mummy on the train? If that is the case, it is more like a forcefield that surrounds the tardis so that no one enters, so he is not denying temporary grace directly. It is something like attacking someone with magic to someone who resists it but instead of using a spell against him using elements of his environment to erect it

@zachary I see that you noted the soul hax to the profile of the doctor and the casuality to the queen carnival but and what else we published that was accepted (I think) what happened to that?

Wait, actually, the doctor said "I have you the boneless" before he did it, which was actually a magic spell he can do (As shown in the Shakespearean code) so it's actually his magic rather than the screwdriver

I've made a thread on that somewhere.

@Zach He said "I name you the boneless." It wasn't a spell.

That was the stone form, so it's more likely they just weren't superhumans in that episode.

Rassilon was the one to remove magic

"Back then we were the Shadow people, caught between the warm dark of magick and the cold light of science. Magick predominated for a long, long time. And then Rassilon made his decision. The world solidified around us, like water turning to ice. Squeezing out the magick. But, like an ice cube, there were little cracks and bubbles. Psi was the last magick to survive, perhaps because it was the least impossible, the closest to science. The residue of psi became a network of ley lines, stretching through the universe in improbable directions. It's still there."

That refers to the anchoring to the thread in Cold Fusio. Rassilon was the reason for it happening, but he didn't do it alone.

It's not stated that he did it in canon, I don't believe (or anything that hasn't been retconned and paved over). They say that in the Infinity Doctors, but that's an alternate universe.

Also, they already have it but more evidence of high godly guardians

It's stated in Solitaire no matter how the celestial Toymaker is destroyed he'll always come back

In enlightenment,

TURLOUGH: But the Black Guardian is destroyed. WHITE GUARDIAN: While I exist, he exists also, until we are no longer needed

Rassilon should scale to removing magic

And even if infinite doctors is another universe, wouldn't that not mean much as it still is a Rassilon with the EoH removing magic and enforcing rationality?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
What do you mean? Is so vile a sin non-canon?
He didn't personally remove magic in So Vile a Si. The Time Lords did. Rassilon, Lord President of the Time Lords at that point in history, just ok'd the plan.

• The Doctor nodded. 'The Time Lords were aware of the ley lines before the Wars began. We'd chosen to make the universe rational. Its irrational citizens objected.
Also, I was saying the only time he was stated to have used the Eye of Harmony to make the universe rational was in a retconned, obscure comic and the Infinity Doctors.

It doesn't say they're equal to the Guardians, it says they're former Guardians. I'm pretty sure this is a misinterpretation of Rassilon's statement of "sub-guardians" in Divided Loyalties, especially since they were theorised to have been the equivalent of Time Lords, not that there were Time Lords who died in the pre-universe or whatever dimension they came from.

If you mean the Dark Circus thing, I don't know because they've never even made an appearance in the same story. It probably doesn't mean they're equal (there's at least 4 known GoRs), though.

Okay then downgrade Ragnarok, the sub-guardians statement just says elder gods and guardians are of the same nature but guardians are superior

Oh, also, if the eye of harmony wasn't what was used to remove magic

1) What DID they use to remove it?

2) why does the time lords civilization profile say the eye of harmony did it

Actually yeah becuz

"The Master later upgraded his TARDIS' dynamorphic generators to draw far more power than any version of the Eye, likely including the one on Gallifrey, which TARDISes only possess a fraction of"

When was this? This actually seems rather impressive

It was during his battle with The Doctor. He went back in time due to his TARDIS being damaged and upgraded it during Castrovalva.

• The Doctor had seen through the play-acting on Castrovalva, and had torn it all apart. The matrix of blocktransfer computations that comprised the city of Castrovalva had dissolved, and the Master ― and his TARDIS ― had only just escaped. However, the dimensional collapse had caused serious damage to his dynamorphic generators. The link between his TARDIS and the Eye of Harmony had been disrupted, and the Master had used the last of his machine's strength to seek out a new power source. And he had found it on Earth. 140 million years into human prehistory, when his TARDIS had led him to the Xeraphin. [...] Following that, however, he had managed to repair the damage, rebuilding and reconfiguring the infrastructure of his TARDIS to free him completely from the tyranny of the Time Lords. And now his dynamorphic generators were far superior to the standard design ― such as those in the Doctor's TARDIS. His dynamorphic generators could draw on far more than any version of the Eye of Harmony could offer: they could tap any power source in the immediate vicinity. Such as the European power grid and the West London University main generator. He boosted the output one more time...
Later, it fused with an alternate version of his TARDIS from a different universe, adding new armaments.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
1) What DID they use to remove it?

2) why does the time lords civilization profile say the eye of harmony did it
The Anchoring of the Thread.

Because not everything is accurate. It could be a misinterpretation of the Eye of Harmony acting as a central node point for history, which is confirmed in Neverland and The Book of the War.

Back