• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Did you find the quote?
In 2003, physicist Max Tegmark suggested that there might be four different types of multiverse.

Lastly, in Level IV universes, even the laws of physics can be different and anything might happen. In Battlefield (1989), the Doctor says the Arthurian knights come from another dimension and sideways in time from another universe, one where magic seems to be real. That suggests the other Earth where King Arthur is real has its own laws of physics, different to our own. If all possibilities are played out somewhere, then there's a universe where Doctor Who is real - all of it, even the bits that are contradictory or silly, and another universe where you are the Doctor, and another where you're a Dalek. -Scientific Secrets of Doctor Who

Bruh^2
I think this has already been declared by the Doctor himself (with different words) before, in the novels

Doesn't type 4 multiverse get to at least low 1-A? I forgot the rules for it on this wiki.
Yeah, without context.
Though doctor who gets 1-A+ for containing stuff like set theory and they also mention higher orders of infinity which are clearly meant to be alephs.
So at LEAST High 1-A.

It's not that simple.

As for that orders of infinity stuff, it depends on the source.

Doctor Who has been running for 60 years, so there's lots of inconsistency in terms of cosmology.

It's as contradictory as anything else in the verse.

You can't really put a level to it.

I don't stick to anything.
So what’s evidence to support tier 0.

btw and what’s the highest thing humans can think of? Cause you said the time lords said that the highest thing humans can think of is like one level above sticks and rocks compared to them

Yeah.

That's why I definitely think we should go with a more case-by-case approach.

In one ******* stupid source that I can't remember (it might've been Ten Little Aliens, but I don't think it was), for example, the Time Vortex is described as a pocket universe connected to the normal universe.

Would you rate a Time Vortex-destroying character as Boundless in that story because the Time Vortex was Boundless in a story made years later by a different writer?

lol DW reminds me a lot of SCP with its contradicting canon. At this point it should just be said that "there is no canon" like it lol. Though, I think the opposite was said and once they said "all of doctor who is canon" or smth

Yeah.

That's why I definitely think we should go with a more case-by-case approach.

In one ******* stupid source that I can't remember (it might've been Ten Little Aliens, but I don't think it was), for example, the Time Vortex is described as a pocket universe connected to the normal universe.

Would you rate a Time Vortex-destroying character as Boundless in that story because the Time Vortex was Boundless in a story made years later by a different writer?
I see.

that's literally the stance of the wiki, the TARDIS wiki and the series writers themselves

I also saw this:

Tegmark's classification of multiple universes shows that there are planes of existence beyond our cosmological horizon, with different physical laws, different languages, rules..." the big physicist was in full flow. "Oh, there are? Of course there are. And who's to say that fictional creations in one universe can't be real in another? No child over six, anyway." - The Big Crunch

Does it have any explanation of it's inconsistencies in the lore? Like how in WOD there are A LOT of conflicting lore bits but it's all really well explained and it makes sense.

I wonder how many other series do have things that it gets contradicted a lot. Like do big verses that have been running for a while like Marvel and DC have similar contradicting statements? And how does SCP explain it as well?

I wonder how many other series do have things that it gets contradicted a lot. Like do big verses that have been running for a while like Marvel and DC have similar contradicting statements? And how does SCP explain it as well?
BRUH lets not talk about marvel and DC lol

It is so contradictory it melts my brain.

For example, in one comic, herecules lifted heavens and in another he couldn't even move earth. 💀

Back