• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It really depends on what you mean by inconsistencies.

The timeline inconsistencies have a lot of explanations. But a lot of inconsistencies aren't explained.

lol actually somewhat related but I heard The Doctor has an explanation for those things that people consider as anti feats like him losing to humans and stuff. I need to find the source but I know this quote exists but apparently he goes into "ephermal mode":

"number of ‘X’s. His usual repertoire had quite simply failed to work. He'd
followed his usual procedure, adopting the basic thought-processes of a
human — albeit an exceptionally gifted human with an unfeasibly large hat
collection — so he could understand the psychology of the enemy, while still
retaining the edge. He'd slipped into ‘ephemeral mode’ easily enough,
remembering to think in three geometric dimensions and to perceive time as
a linear experience rather than any of the more exotic alternatives
. He'd
analysed every move, calculated every chance. The man with the scalpel
should have been left standing by now. It was almost as if —"

Lots of sources, like Whoniverse, also say The Doctor uses a fraction of his actual abilities.
I heard you guys say the time lords view quantum theory as 1 step above sticks and stones,

does this apply to even the most smartest thing humans can possibly think of?

the time lords are just that smart

like even a time lord child would be smarter than the smartest human

I think it's more like he varies from human level to 9-A and human speed with subsonic travel speed and ftl reactions when he remembers.

The visual dictionary also confirms that his strength and speed are above human level.

I liked that Peter Capaldi's Doctor tended to use his super human strength and durability more often.

IIRC, Time Lord children are way smarter than most humans.
What about the smartest highest things we can think of?

cause currently the highest things humans can think are things like quantum theory and set theory (correct me if I’m wrong, if I’m wrong do the time lords view things higher than set/quantum theory that humans can think of as still 1 step above the rocks thing)

and @Udlmaster said Romana and the time lords view them as 1 step above banging rocks.

Yeah, they completely surpass our conceptions of science and math.

They literally have the engineering capability to see the universe as a single point (as 0 divided by infinity is 0, or something).
They kinda remind me of a quote by Thanos in avengers assemble asura

Thanos:

By human standards, you're considered intelligent, Stark. Shame human standards are so low.

Replace stark with humanity and Thanos with time lords

I'm going down multiple routes.

At first, I was trying for multiple options, and kind of letting y'all choose which is best with some case-by-case thrown in there.

Then I decided feats-only and axing higher-dimensionality was better (barring case-by-case instances).

And now, since Uld was pretty convincing in some places, I'm just going down multiple routes again, but emphasising case-by-case.

Last edited:
Doctor Who doesn't have tiers of canon, as such.

Everything's canon until its not.

Back