• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
‘The Matrix is the repository of all knowledge. It contains all
the mathematical axioms and scientific principles that govern the universe, and
can apply them a great deal more efficiently than anyone Gallifreyan. There are
no mysteries to the Matrix.’"
-------------------------------
A straightforward indication of the existence of axiom. Plus mentioning the infinity dimension is in the universe which should be 1-a to 1-a+ similar to WOD universe.

um question,

on gallifrey, was there such thing as probation and amnesty?

Was the death penalty, death by staser or were there other ways they killed the person who committed a serious crime?

Were there sentences even worse than death if so what did they do?

(what was gallifreyan jail like assuming if you were sentenced to prison time)

um question,

on gallifrey, was there such thing as probation and amnesty?
Yes, but is cas by case
Was the death penalty, death by staser or were there other ways they killed the person who committed a serious crime?
Death by Staser, The Sword of Never(Negated all Regeneration) and in some case Atomization
Were there sentences even worse than death if so what did they do?
Eternal Time loops i think
(what was gallifreyan jail like assuming if you were sentenced to prison time)
Yeah, there are one or two Planet prision

Eternal Time loops i think

Yeah, there are one or two Planet prision
How did the eternal loops work, how long was a loop before it looped again?

Did planet prisons did they work like earth prisons or were there differences? (Like in how they held their prisoners, (remember the incredibles, gow syndrome kept his prisoners; was it something like that in gallifreyan prisons?)

How did the eternal loops work, how long was a loop before it looped again?
They can be even nanoseconds or several days before looped again
Did planet prisons did they work like earth prisons or were there differences? (Like in how they held their prisoners, (remember the incredibles, gow syndrome kept his prisoners; was it something like that in gallifreyan prisons?)
I don't know, I don't remember much

They can be even nanoseconds or several days before looped again

I don't know, I don't remember much
That’s fine speaking of gallifreyan.

I was wondering about something regarding the time lords.

is the doctor an exception regarding what time lords think of humans?

aren’t time lords in general have a negative view towards humans, as in their kinda racist/view them as below them?

Some are racist, Romana and I think the doctor's brother and granddaughter are also one of those people who appreciate and see humans as equals.

Another one that I remember that maybe sees humans as equals would be Borusa (The Doctor and The Master's Professor during their stay at the academy)

It's more xenophobia and stagnation in general.

Since they're the lords of time, one of the first species, millions of years more advanced than the rest of the universe technologically and societally, and have physical advantages that most humanoids don't (regeneration, two hearts, respiratory bypass, etc), they look down on other races. Even ones with highly advanced time-space capabilities.

Particularly, they see 20/21st century humans as violent, primitive and garish.

They also really don't want aliens learning the secrets of time.

It's more xenophobia and stagnation in general.

Since they're the lords of time, one of the first species, millions of years more advanced than the rest of the universe technologically and societally, and have physical advantages that most humanoids don't (regeneration, two hearts, respiratory bypass, etc), they look down on other races. Even ones with highly advanced time-space capabilities.

Particularly, they see 20/21st century humans as violent, primitive and garish.

They also really don't want aliens learning the secrets of time.
Yes, I remember that Romana had a lot of paperwork and trouble when she tried to get other species into Gallifrey and the academy.

drunk-driver-drinking-alcohol-27634318.jpg
drunk-driver-27634331.jpg

Most Time Lords can in most sources.

What age they can actually live to, though, is up to the writer.

That was a unique case, since The Master rendered him unable to regenerate.

I don't think it's actually stated, but it was explicitly the rest of his life with 0 regenerations (so the equivalent of more than 2 regenerations).

He wanted him to suffer, yes.

Ok.

The Tenth Doctor has vanity issues, and the situation was far too important to go through the associated identity crisis that comes from regeneration. So, when he was shot by a Dalek, The Doctor siphoned off the excess regeneration energy into his severed hand (which he kept in a tank), which allowed him to regenerate without changing his appearance.

Donna passed some of her genetic material to the hand by accident, so the hand turned into a hybrid clone of the Tenth Doctor.

Speaking of hybrid

Wasn’t there a hybrid of the doctor on that fish world?

those weird fish guys I remember they put the doctor’s hand into something and it created this girl who’s apparently half time lord because of him

Lost Dimension.
Just read the 14th doctor is going to be played by David tennant.

couldn’t they have just gotten a different actor to play the role?
A) Nostalgia.

B) There's precedent (sort of), and a line from a future incarnation that he'd revisit his favourite incarnations more than once.

C) It's apparently temporary.

Back