• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Would it be reasonable to scale Bowships and the like above 22nd century Dalek Saucers?
I imagine so, it seems that over all, the Dalek's evolution became more rapid as time went on, which makes sense given how passive the Time Lords became.

I also have to imagine that Primordial Vampires that Bowships could kill are above the standard Dalek we see in the series.

The Doctor has an interesting quote on Sometime Never and Engines of War. In sometime never it is stated that he is a rogue element that exists outside of normal laws and can defy causality. Among other things. I think this kind of thing only strengthens your acausality type 4, And do I think passive chaos manipulation would be viable? It is treated several times as chaotic and unpredictable and such, even for beings that can see all futures.

It's true in other stories, IIRC, but there's a bit of context here.

The Council of Eight grew in the power vacuum created by the Time Lords' disappearance. They have the ability to model and predict timelines, essentially 'crystallising' the timeline.

The Council wanted all 'rogue elements' (basically everything they hadn't crystallised) gone, so they arranged the collapse of the multiverse into a single, 'perfect', finite reality. Divergences/timelines that could create parallel realities were then stored in Schrodinger cells and burned up to power this finite universe.

Since The Doctor's timeline was too complicated to be seen, let alone modelled or tied down, he remained a rogue element.

It's true in other stories, IIRC, but there's a bit of context here.

The Council of Eight grew in the power vacuum created by the Time Lords' disappearance. They have the ability to model and predict timelines, essentially 'crystallising' the timeline.

The Council wanted all 'rogue elements' (basically everything they hadn't crystallised) gone, so they arranged the collapse of the multiverse into a single, 'perfect', finite reality. Divergences/timelines that could create parallel realities were then stored in Schrodinger cells and burned up to power this finite universe.

Since The Doctor's timeline was too complicated to be seen, let alone modelled or tied down, he remained a rogue element.
In engines of war there is also a mention that is even similar. Borusa at that point could kind of see all futures. And with the doctor's interference, it made it a little difficult for him to predict what would happen.

Edit: I've also seen something about the doctor having some connections to the quantum mechanical wave function. Although I haven't read these stories yet.

To be honest, the Time Lords screw up the odds, mostly what they do is a slight change in the fabric of reality but it has been said that they could warp reality complete if they act a lot and their desires.

that is why they made the non-interference policy, the Doctor became a big complex space-time event (Like River Song but she is much less powerful), so the Doctor's actions are more difficult to predict event for his own people.

So if The Doctor were to go up against Yhwach for example. Yhwach would just be seeing some confusing stuff?

Will a profile for the enemy be created after the update? The enemy's identity is a mystery (I really like that) and has various interpretations.

Will a profile for the enemy be created after the update? The enemy's identity is a mystery (I really like that) and has various interpretations.
Idk, byAsura have a Sandbox iirc
Theoretically it would be a civilization profile instead of a character profile.

I'm doing an Enemy sandbox. The truth is, various members of The Enemy have been revealed, like a hyper-evolved form of Were-Crows, Thaumoctopus memeticus, etc.

But a page (including technology) is weird given various factors, not the least of which is how much false information is purposefully spread about The Enemy by the authors. For example, we're lead to believe that The Enemy constructed a VUE that destroyed time ships in The Book of the War, but then it's proven to just be a Babel attack 6 years later when Newtons Sleep was released.

If anyone's wondering about the Were-Crows, here's the quotes.
  • A crowd of hundreds surrounded her. Dressed in patchwork; the uniform of every Great House reduced to rags and worn in parody. Humanoid - but no two stood the same. They were twisted. Abnormal. Some stood with a stoop, others bent impossibly out of shape. Like the being directly in front of her – its feet planted firmly on the ground but, from the knees, stretched and arched to enable its head to rest on the earth. It looked for all the world like the letter ‘n’. A sea of blank faces stared at her in silence. [...] Crude bumps where noses, lips, eyes should be. But, as if moulded in hot wax, sliding down each face until eventually pulled back into place by, Fen assumed, pure concentration. [...] ‘We are Vermis Superior.’ [...] ‘You’re the enemy.’ ‘Call us what you like, but we are merely part of a whole. As are you.’ It nodded behind her
  • A Krittikiki. Several Ladies of the Blue Dawn. The organic remains of things that had lived inside machines. Two soldiers of the army of the Seventh Son of the Seventh Sun. Her stomach lurched when she spotted a long-lost cousin. Row upon row of decaying corpses sandwiched between layer upon layer of earth. It was like staring into a giant worm farm. ‘Oh no...’ she slapped a hand to her mouth, realising that was exactly what she was looking at. The Vermis Superior’s leader placed a finger against the glass. On the other side of the panel a worm wriggled into the eye socket of a giant arachnid. And then she saw others - so many others - burrowing their way through the dead. ‘They feast on the soldiers of time,’ the Vermis Superior gurgled in Fen’s mind. ‘And given time they become us. And we become them…’ As if on cue the sky growled thunder, heralding the sound of materialising timeships. The beat of every wing that ever was and ever will be. Doors – the shape of which Fen had no word for – opened in space and the smell of paper and ink and old ideas leaked through. Followed by beings shrouded in feathers. Heads bowed, arms held behind their backs, they walked on taloned feet. Were-Crows. In unison, their heads cocked to one side. Eyes, black pin-pricks, glinted against slick black feathers. Cruel, jet beaks dropped open, and they screamed before falling upon the Vermis Superior. Pecking at them. Tearing. Devouring time.
  • The Were-Crows took to the sky, their screams bleaching it white. Higher they flew. Higher still. And there they multiplied. And again. Wheeling and knotting together in rows. Becoming a scrawl across the sky. To Fen they looked like symbols. Strange hieroglyphs – alien yet somehow familiar. Realisation burned away what was left of her sanity and she fell back on the grass beneath a mockery of language. Words written backwards. She stared up and, for a short time, her eyes met with the final aspect of The Enemy. A cosmic giant, one finger of one hand pressed to its sneering lips. Hush. Feeding off fiction. Forever hungry for new worlds to consume. Reality flicked to the left. And she was gone.

Last edited:

Lol, Somehow Rassilon created the White and Black Guardians. I think this kind of thing contradicts a lot of things, so I don't know if I should take it seriously.

Specifically, the story claims that Matrix Rassilon, following 1st Morbius and The Doctor and Master fleeing Gallifrey, created the Black and White Guardians on the Astral Plane and gave them the key. Then he created the Celestial Intervention Agency after all of that.

It's been retconned to high heaven. Hell, the next prose story in DWM (just 14 issues later) establishes a contradictory origin for the Guardians.

Does anyone have the scan that explains how The Doctor fluctuates in strength depending on the enemy?

The Enemy entry posits something I've always believed.

I've always thought of them as a coalition of powerful, potentially unrelated, factions / beings who are dissatisfied with the universe.

Although, I find it a bit strange that they use this source, and confirm the All-High Gods are The Enemy. Twilight of the Gods makes it very clear that the All-High Gods were just the Ferutu, and kind of unrelated to The Enemy.

At least it canonises Compassion's meme-mine statement from The Book of the War.

Last edited:
The Enemy entry posits something I've always believed.

I've always thought of them as a coalition of powerful, potentially unrelated, factions / beings who are dissatisfied with the universe.

Although, I find it a bit strange that they use this source, and confirm the All-High Gods are The Enemy. Twilight of the Gods makes it very clear that the All-High Gods were just the Ferutu, and kind of unrelated to The Enemy.

At least it canonises Compassion's meme-mine statement from The Book of the War.
"They also conveniently placed themselves in the eye of the storm, protected by ancient magicks from the change and death and entropy they had imposed on the “Lesser Species” — for they are immortal, barring accidents, able to be endlessly reincarnated into new bodies suiting their purposes"

yes, I know it's the T-barrier but does this mean that Timelords would gain resistance to Detah hax or Immortality type 5 through this? (they already resist psychic abilities that do insta kill, it's more of a supporting evidence question)

Though I'm doubtful given the context (plus, it may be copy-pasted from the site in the early 2000s), it may be referring to the time fields on Gallifrey.

In the Gallifrey, War Doctor and a few other audio stories, it's explained that the Capitol's time fields protect humanoids (like Leela, who began to age rapidly outside Gallifrey) from the normal passage of time and help ease regenerations.

Which makes sense when you think about it. Romana II, for example, barely aged a day during 5-8's eras, and Time In Office suggests there's Gallifreyans old enough to have lived in the early days of non-interventionalism.

Plus, it's substantiated by the fact that Omega said Gallifrey hides itself 'like a hermit' from the passage of time in the audio story Omega.

Last edited:
it may be referring to the time fields on Gallifrey.

In the Gallifrey, War Doctor and a few other audio stories, it's explained that the Capitol's time fields protect humanoids (like Leela, who began to age rapidly outside Gallifrey) from the normal passage of time and help ease regenerations.

Which makes sense when you think about it. Romana II, for example, barely aged a day during 5-8's eras, and Time In Office suggests there's Gallifreyans old enough to have lived in the early days of non-interventionalism.

Plus, it's substantiated by the fact that Omega said Gallifrey hides itself 'like a hermit' from the passage of time in the audio story Omega.
I see

Though I'm doubtful given the context (plus, it may be copy-pasted from the site in the early 2000s)
Btw we can use this site for the wiki like marvel official site or this site is fanbase?

I'm pretty sure it's the official site, since it has the same url as the official domain that was shut down years ago.

Maybe it's possible that someone else bought the domain, though, but I'm not sure how they'd be able to repost official material if that was the case.

I'm pretty sure it's the official site, since it has the same url as the official domain that was shut down years ago. Maybe it's possible that someone else bought the domain, though, but I'm not sure how they'd be able to repost official material if that was the case.
Mmmmm, I think that if we use it, it would be as a tertiary material.

Back