• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is it Soul Manipulation it might be Possession since we see the Damned Souls in his eyes, we see them drowning Dr Strange's consciousness, then we also see Strange's body jerk around.

The Cloak of Damned Souls seems to give the wielder: Flight, Shockwave Generation or Air Manipulation, Energy Absorption and Barrier Creation, etc.

It could be an explanation why Wanda was having a hard time escaping since prior to her being surrounded we're shown that the Damned Souls were able to absorb her Magic.
He Possessed the other stranges body yes but the damned souls are wholly seperate entities who came because of that taboo being broken to drag away strange's soul. We already discussed why this isn't a reliable feat to saying is something like AP from the souls I mean also the fact he literally weaponised actual souls of the damned that are there to take away the souls of those attempting to possess a dead I'd say that's pretty solidly soul manip and considering wanda could endure their assault for as long as she did I'd say she has some resistance

He Possessed the other stranges body yes but the damned souls are wholly seperate entities who came because of that taboo being broken to drag away strange's soul.
I don't think you understood what I posted. I wasn't talking about Strange possessing the other Strange like literally I was referring to the Souls of the Damned possessing Strange
We already discussed why this isn't a reliable feat to saying is something like AP from the souls I mean
Never said it was though?
also the fact he literally weaponised actual souls of the damned that are there to take away the souls of those attempting to possess a dead I'd say that's pretty solidly soul manip and considering wanda could endure their assault for as long as she did I'd say she has some resistance
Again wasn't talking about Strange, I was literally talking about the Damned Souls

don't think you understood what I posted. I wasn't talking about Strange possessing the other Strange like literally I was referring to the Souls of the Damned possessing Strange
Yes I think I misunderstood lol I'd need to see the scene again I thought strange was the one controlling the souls not the other way around

Yes I think I misunderstood lol I'd need to see the scene again I thought strange was the one controlling the souls not the other way around
1. The Souls of the Damned attack Deadite Strange due to 616 Strange Dreamwalking and possessing a dead body.

2. The Souls of the Damned possess Deadite Strange which in turn enables them to possess and attack 616 Strange and 838 Christine.

3. 616 Strange gets a pep talk from 838 Christine after she blasts the souls, then begins to manipulate the Souls of the Damned to form the Cloak of Damned Souls.

I made a draft of Stranges revised AP and dura with some other additions to the profile but it's very rough and is missing the new abilities he's gained from MoM. I also have a rough draft of America's profile above Stranges but it needs a lot of elaboration too.
And also, I don't really think that Strange is any different from his pre infinity war self physically

I feel like Wanda, Wong, and Strange are always learning new shit, so its hard to say if every appearance they have is deserving of a new key.

Also, could we change Strange's Keys

How about: Post Training (Covers Doctor Strange) | Sorcerer Supreme (Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame) | Post Blip (No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness)

While Strange wasn't Sorcerer Supreme during Endgame, its not like he learned anything while being dead for those five years.

Do we need to scale strange supreme (What If..?) in anyway?

Not sure if he's been forgotten about but just curious to know if he should be 8-C physically scaling to main strange or not.

Just his physicals. It just feels weird SS being 9-C when main strange is 8-C

Whenever I remember the scene in No Way Home where Strange just has a spell to temporarily close the tears in multiversal spacetime, I think back to how unimpressive his showings are in Multiverse of Madness when he isn't using the Darkhold. He's just so disappointing in his own movie compared to his showings in a goddamn Spider-Man movie.

Whenever I remember the scene in No Way Home where Strange just has a spell to temporarily close the tears in multiversal spacetime, I think back to how unimpressive his showings are in Multiverse of Madness when he isn't using the Darkhold. He's just so disappointing in his own movie compared to his showings in a goddamn Spider-Man movie.
Kind of agree with that, he should have done much more

Intelligence wise I feel like he shouldn't have been so gullible with Wanda too. There's also him apparently never reading about the Book of Vishanti when he was Sorcerer Supreme when it was established that he was a hard-working reader in the first movie. And there's also this weird attempt to parallel his choices in the past with Wanda and do the "you and I are not so different thing" when their motivations are nothing alike.

Kinda an issue in NWH too where he was quite reckless.

Speaking of considering even fodder sorcerers can resist mind manip it even if it's as a group it stands to reason that Strange, Wong, Mordo, Kalcelius, and the Ancient one should all recieve resistance to mind manip on thier first or only keys

Wong says it best

Wong when the internet unleashes the Wanda horni

I feel like Wanda, Wong, and Strange are always learning new shit, so its hard to say if every appearance they have is deserving of a new key.

Also, could we change Strange's Keys

How about: Post Training (Covers Doctor Strange) | Sorcerer Supreme (Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame) | Post Blip (No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness)

While Strange wasn't Sorcerer Supreme during Endgame, its not like he learned anything while being dead for those five years.
I actually really like this key change idea so I applied it to the sandbox and I think it works very well, I'd like to hear some other thoughts on if we should apply this. Also I took out the Ultron scaling from Strange's speed and made the Cloak of Levitation subsonic since it can keep up with Spider-Man when he's web swinging

Characters like Post-Training Strange, Wong and Kaecilius scale to the Ancient One, who should be 9-A with Magic since she can easily destroy Chitauri Chariots as shown in Endgame. Also I think Post-Blip Strange's magic should bare minimum scale above 8-C since his magic should be superior to his physical strength.

Where does the 9-A/8-C stuff comes from? Wasn't he supposed to get higher?
The Ancient One can destroy Chitauri Chariots in Endgame, which are 9-A, and in What If Strange causes a 9-A+ explosion. For his Post-Blip key I made his magic 8-C since it should bare minimum upscale his AP. When it comes to him being rated higher I’m not sure since he hasn’t performed any feats that solidly place him on 6-C for example since he’s a character that is extremely formidable because of his hax, not necessarily raw power

I mean, that was a whole army of them combined though, even then. Strange had to help fortify the barrier

The Ancient One can destroy Chitauri Chariots in Endgame, which are 9-A, and in What If Strange causes a 9-A+ explosion. For his Post-Blip key I made his magic 8-C since it should bare minimum upscale his AP. When it comes to him being rated higher I’m not sure since he hasn’t performed any feats that solidly place him on 6-C for example since he’s a character that is extremely formidable because of his hax, not necessarily raw power
Can't we use his fight against Thanos though?

Can't we use his fight against Thanos though?
Even though Strange put up the best fight against Thanos he never directly hurt him so it's hard to scale. I am open to the idea of Strange being rated higher though so for his Sorcerer Supreme and Post-Blip keys I have "possibly far higher" put in after his bare minimum rating

Speaking of considering even fodder sorcerers can resist mind manip it even if it's as a group it stands to reason that Strange, Wong, Mordo, Kalcelius, and the Ancient one should all recieve resistance to mind manip on thier first or only keys

Wong says it best

Hold up I just realized Wong hit one of these when he said that😭😭

We should use this picture for Sinister Strange
20220518_192043.jpg

Back