• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Weekly it only makes her resistant to 4-C damage. She never once time traveled to kill someone before.

Except he only used a time loop as a last resort against Dormamu, if he used it in character in combat he would have looped Thanos

@Weekly no he didn't. The time loop was the first thing he opened up with against Dormammu. Strange also looked into the future to find a way to win. Him time looping was not the way to win.

Yes because nothing else he had would have worked on Dormamu

Strange's precog isnt combat applicable, he's not going to get the chance to look into the future here

@Weekly and Strange had no prep time against Dormammu. He literally just had the time stone, and he started off activating the time loop.

Yes because he knew from prior knowledge of Dormamu that nothing else he had would work

He had the time stone when he fought Thanos but didnt lead with a time loop

Thanos would have been unaffected by the time loop, shown by how Doctor Strange looked into all the different futures and the only way to beat him was a method that wasn't the time loop

@Weekly Again, did you forget the part where he looked into millions of different futures to see how they would win before they fought thanos?

@Ricsi that's not what I'm getting at. The point is he didn't use the time stone on Thanos because the only way that they would win would require him to not use the time loop. That's the only reason why he didn't use it on thanos.

He saw 14,000,605 futures, chances are that he tried the time loop in, realistically, over 100 of them, and at minimum, a handful.

And yet that would not have stopped Thanos.

Theglassman12 said:
@Weekly Again, did you forget the part where he looked into millions of different futures to see how they would win before they fought thanos?
I would love you to make a CRT to give this to Thanos

Theglassman12 said:
@Ricsi that's not what I'm getting at. The point is he didn't use the time stone on Thanos because the only way that they would win would require him to not use the time loop. That's the only reason why he didn't use it on thanos.
again, headcanon. For all you know he has a master plan where everybody gets ressurected

I never said that he would be unaffected by the time loop. I said that the time loop wouldn't be the key to winning the fight.

Gyro is the one that's saying that it wouldn't work on him.

You don't think out of the 14,000,605 futures he saw, he tried the time loop?

It's either that Thanos wasn't affected or that the plot didn't want it to happen cause it would be boring/anticlimatic/repetitive etc. So PIS.

Just go wach HISHE's take on it. There are several things they should have been able to do, it was simply the plot wanting it to be the cliffhanger ending

I mean, I don't think we need a CRT here. It's clear from Strange looking into 14,000,605 futures that either the time loop wouldn't work, wouldn't lead to them winning or was simply PIS. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Though all three of these don't affect the match at hand

What's being debated here?

If Strange looked into the future to see the path to victory and avoided using literally the same trick that he used against another unbeatable enemy, you can either assume that it wouldn't work (which doesn't apply to Bayo) or he saw that it would work, and avoided using because plot (which doesn't apply to Bayo either)

@Kal Whats being argued is that Thanos wouldnt be affected by the time loop and thats why strange didnt use it on him

He particularly isn't arguing it tough.

Whenever it works on thanos is not important here either. He has zero knowledge, and will likely not prepare for her as he would to thanos or Dormammu unless the fight gets really prolonged

Kaltias said:
What's being debated here?

If Strange looked into the future to see the path to victory and avoided using literally the same trick that he used against another unbeatable enemy, you can either assume that it wouldn't work (which doesn't apply to Bayo) or he saw that it would work, and avoided using because plot (which doesn't apply to Bayo either)
This is what I've been trying to say lol

Back