• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman Small Revision

Done. A footnote should be added on Superboy-Prime's profile explaining why Superboy-Prime (During the Death Metal event) should stay to Low 1-C and not to Low 1-C, possibly 1-A since the Darkest Knight was weakened when he fought Superboy-Prime.

Okay. Tell me here when everything has been handled please.

I think Rebirth Wally West also needs to be unlocked for his Mobius Chair form to also become At least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A.
I think that Anti-Crisis Energy Wally West should stay to Low 1-C since the Darkest Knight (Before Crisis Energy) tried to steal his power in order to become powerful enough to kill Perpetua who is Low 1-C. So, Low 1-C for ACE Wally West is fine.

Last edited:
Ehm unless I’m missing something Wally got the full power of Manhattan right? So there’s currently an inconsistency on the pages, not sure how to fix it. I know some people aren’t a fan of using the “full of connective energy” thing to scale Manhattan to Perpetua but then again there might be other stuff for 1-A via TBWL?

Thank you for helping out.

What do the rest of you think? Should Doctor Manhattan-powered Wally be Low 1-C, or "At least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A"?

Thank you for helping out.

What do the rest of you think? Should Doctor Manhattan-powered Wally be Low 1-C, or "At least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A"?
Hmm, the Quintessence gathered the energies of Doctor Manhattan/Anti-Crisis Energy that was left after that the original Doctor Manhattan tried to fix the Multiverse from all previous Crisis but had failed. Then, the Quintessence gave them to Wonder Woman and the Justice League so that they could fight Perpetua but they lost, not becaduse Perpetua was too strong but because Perpetua made Wonder Woman hesitate.

The Mobius Chair absorbed an unknown amount of Doctor Manhattan's energy/Anti-Crisis Energy that powered Wally West. The Darkest Knight was after him and tried to steal his power in order to kill Perpetua.

The original Doctor Manhattan is a being brimming of Anti-Crisis Energy opposite to Perpetua's Crisis Energy. And Perpetua, during Justice League and Death Metal was diminished. So, I think At least Low 1-C for being comparable to Perpetua or At least Low 1-C, possibly Higher could be fine.

Okay. Thank you for the analysis.

What do the rest of you think?

The Mobius Chair absorbed an unknown amount of Doctor Manhattan's energy/Anti-Crisis Energy that powered Wally West
Do you have scans for the unknown amount, did the energy get split between Wonder Woman and Wally or something or did one receive it after the other?

This is Manhattan's current justification for 1-A:

It was stated that he's brimming with Connective Energy which is the opposite of Crisis Energy which was used by Perpetua to create the main Multiverse.
Does this not apply anymore then?

the Quintessence gathered the energies of Doctor Manhattan
the Quintessence gave them to Wonder Woman
Ok so the energy of Doctor Manhattan is what makes her at least low 1-C, possibly 1-A?

Do you have scans for the unknown amount, did the energy get split between Wonder Woman and Wally or something or did one receive it after the other?

This is Manhattan's current justification for 1-A:

It was stated that he's brimming with Connective Energy which is the opposite of Crisis Energy which was used by Perpetua to create the main Multiverse.
Does this not apply anymore then?

Ok so the energy of Doctor Manhattan is what makes her at least low 1-C, possibly 1-A?
No, what's make Golden Wonder Woman at Low 1-C, possibly 1-A is that she fought the Darkest Knight. The possibly 1-A is because the Darkest Knight claimed that he can kill the Hands, though he admitted that he couldn't stop the Hands if they were to destroy the Multiverse. The Darkest Knight and the Doctor Manhattan-powered Justice League fought the diminished state of Perpetua who is At least Low 1-C.

Also, there's no In-Multiverse/Sixth Dimension anymore Perpetua since her power didn't work like that. Her stature and her whole nature in general was diminished due to her imprisonment in the Source Wall.

Can someone explain the possibly 1A thing properly? It feels like too big of a gap (unlike 2A and Low 1C some profiles have) and I don't think the explaination given is enough.

Basically, we have likely tiered the scale of the Morrison/Snyder version of the DC multiverse far too high, and need to adjust it significantly downwards at some point, but for the moment this is what we have to work with.

Ah, I see.

Personally I believe the 1A part needs to be left out until proper revisions have been applied to their multiverse. I am not sure if that explaination would be sufficient enough. But I will see what others have to say first.

I am asking where the energy comes from to make her that strong. You implied it came from Manhattan.

Ok, but can she still access the sixth dimension or not?

* The first time, Wonder Woman used the energy of Doctor Manhattan/Anti-Crisis Energy to fight Perpetua. She lost this power after this fight.

* The second time, Wonder Woman drawn even more Anti-Crisis Energy into herself by merging with her lasso combined with Element X.

* Perpetua wasn't in the Sixth Dimension when she fought Wonder Woman or the Darkest Knight, she was weakened.

Can someone explain the possibly 1A thing properly? It feels like too big of a gap (unlike 2A and Low 1C some profiles have) and I don't think the explaination given is enough.
Possibly 1-A comes from the claiming of TDK that he can kill the Hands but admitted that he couldn't stop them if they were to destroy the Multiverse.

Basically, we have likely tiered the scale of the Morrison/Snyder version of the DC multiverse far too high, and need to adjust it significantly downwards at some point, but for the moment this is what we have to work with.
I'm 100% agree, 1-A is too high for these characters and they should be downgraded eventually.

Possibly 1-A comes from the claiming of TDK that he can kill the Hands but admitted that he couldn't stop them if they were to destroy the Multiverse.
See this is what's confusing and might be too confusing to put on the profile. He says he can kill the hand, sure, but also says he can't stop then if they tried to destroy the multiverse... How exactly does that work then? Is he as powerful as them or is he not? Just seems a bit inconsistent/weird/confusing to me 🤔

So what should we do here Elizio and Firestorm?

Thank you for the input.

We are unfortunately making slow preparations for the upcoming revision, as some of the participants have been very busy with schoolwork.

Ah, I see.

Personally I believe the 1A part needs to be left out until proper revisions have been applied to their multiverse. I am not sure if that explaination would be sufficient enough. But I will see what others have to say first.
I and several other people disagree with the cosmology being retconned throughout the years, as such a CRT should be made to debunk said default assumption. The 1-A comes from the sixth dimension being the highest plane in reality in DC (aside from some exceptions such as Presence level stuff) and the Monitors being a direct fragment from the Overvoid. You’d basically need to downgrade the entirety of DC for them (people in the sixth dimension) not to be 1-A to put it bluntly.

See this is what's confusing and might be too confusing to put on the profile. He says he can kill the hand, sure, but also says he can't stop then if they tried to destroy the multiverse... How exactly does that work then? Is he as powerful as them or is he not? Just seems a bit inconsistent/weird/confusing to me 🤔
What I understand here is that he can kill them with an ambush.

If this is too inconsistent, we can remove the possibly 1-A rating and just wrote a footnote.

Greenshifter:

Let's stop derailing please.

* The first time, Wonder Woman used the energy of Doctor Manhattan/Anti-Crisis Energy to fight Perpetua. She lost this power after this fight.

* The second time, Wonder Woman drawn even more Anti-Crisis Energy into herself by merging with her lasso combined with Element X.
She should get an extra key then to reflect that.

Personally, I see the Morrison's cosmology as High 1-C or at very best 1-B, but this is for another thread.

What I understand here is that he can kill them with an ambush.

If this is too inconsistent, we can remove the possibly 1-A rating and just wrote a footnote.
Imo it should be left out until we get a concrete rating. The jump between 1C and 1A is staggeringly high, unlike between 2A and 1C, for example. And imo the justification just isn't enough.

What would you recommend writing in the footnote?

Which pages would currently need to have their 1-A ratings removed based on this revision in that case? Or would it be better to wait until our big DC Comics revision can start? That might take several months though.

Greenshifter:

Let's stop derailing please.
How am I derailing? You started derailing by bringing into question the scale of the cosmology and how they’re tiered too high and that there’s an upcoming thread to fix that. Meanwhile I elaborated why several people are rated as 1-A in the here and now, as such answering Confluctor’s question.

The 1-A comes from the sixth dimension being the highest plane in reality in DC
Why do we treat the Sixth Dimension as 1A instead of... Idk, 1B or 1C? From what I remember and my understanding of the tiering system, it doesn't fall under 1A.

But the Overvoid stuff I can definitely see.

I was referring to both of us talking about an upcoming revision.

Which pages would currently need to have their 1-A ratings removed based on this revision in that case? Or would it be better to wait until our big DC Comics revision can start? That might take several months though.
Yeah it should, you’ll only create more inconsistencies if you put the highest plane of existence in DC at low 1-C, while putting several planes below that at 1-A, without at least making the distinctions between eras clear on the pages.

The better is to wait until our DC Cosmology CRT is made. The Low 1-C rating is fine but the 1-A rating is exaggerated.

Back