• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman Small Revision

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Following this thread, Doctor Manhatan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman should have their keys: "In-Multiverse" and "True State" removed and we should tier them like this: Low 1-C, possibly 1-A.

Also.​

The Darkest Knight should have one key for his "Pre-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight" and another key for his "Post-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight". His power level in the Death Metal arc worked like this:

* The Batman Who Laughs' brain was transplanted in the body of a Doctor Manhattan-powered Bruce Wayne (Not as strong as the original Dr Manhatan)

* After redirecting the Crisis Energy to himself, the Darkest Knight become much powerful to the point that he could kill Perpetua.

* His power was limited when Superman and a bunch of villains struck Earth-0 and destabilized it.

* His power returned back to normal when he fixed Earth-0 and he claimed that he could kill the Hands. However, this statement was contradicted when he admitted that he couldn't stop the Hands from destroying the Multiverse.

So, i propose for the Darkest Knight: Unknown | Low 1-C, possibly 1-A

Last edited:
Following this thread, Doctor Manhatan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman should have their keys: "In-Multiverse" and "True State" removed and we should tier them like this: Low 1-C, possibly 1-A.
This makes sense to me, and it fits with how Perpetua’s keys work now. Can’t give much input on the rest of the thread.

Personally I'd go with "Unknown, potentially Low 1-C (Stole the body of a duplicate Doctor Manhattan, though it was never confirmed if he possessed the same powers as the original) | Low 1-C, possibly 1-A"
I do not understand the exact reasoning for the first key.

But what does the "Within the Universe" and "True State" mean? I ask cause I never seen any distinction in he comics. Actually nvm seems like that's already discussed.

Last edited:
I do not understand the exact reasoning for the first key.
Doctor Manhattan is Low 1-C and the Batman version is just him without the level of experience he had. Which is why I think the potential rating should be noted, though I agree with Elizo that we shouldn't full scale him to Manhattan without Crisis Energy.

Doctor Manhattan is Low 1-C and the Batman version is just him without the level of experience he had. Which is why I think the potential rating should be noted, though I agree with Elizo that we shouldn't full scale him to Manhattan without Crisis Energy.
Whilst you might say he can't use the power as well, he still has the access or the "reserves".

Personally I'd go with "Unknown, potentially Low 1-C (Stole the body of a duplicate Doctor Manhattan, though it was never confirmed if he possessed the same powers as the original) | Low 1-C, possibly 1-A"
If the original Doctor Manhattan will become Low 1-C, possibly 1-A, I think it is best to leave the Pre-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight to Unknown since he claimed that he was too weak to fight Perpetua while a Doctor Manhattan-amped Wonder Woman could fight Perpetua.

Post-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight should be Low 1-C (After absorbing the energy of every Crisis in history, the Darkest Knight caused reality to quake, the possibilities of Hypertime to die out and the last denizens of the Sphere of Gods to shudder at his power. His clash with Perpetua was tearing apart the 5-D Bleedspace), possibly 1-A (Claimed that he can kill the Hands thought he admitted that he couldn't stop them if if they were to destroy the Multiverse)

Doctor Manhattan is Low 1-C and the Batman version is just him without the level of experience he had. Which is why I think the potential rating should be noted, though I agree with Elizo that we shouldn't full scale him to Manhattan without Crisis Energy.wel
Well, this thread would change the Low 1-C rating if its objective is applied.

If the original Doctor Manhattan will become Low 1-C, possibly 1-A, I think it is best to leave the Pre-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight to Unknown since he claimed that he was too weak to fight Perpetua while a Doctor Manhattan-amped Wonder Woman could fight Perpetua.
Yeah I guess you're right. I just typically don't like to leave people at Unknown ratings.

Wouldn't you say he was weak at the start and was progressively gaining more mastery? Cause when he first transformed he was calling himself weak and stuff.

Wouldn't you say he was weak at the start and was progressively gaining more mastery? Cause when he first transformed he was calling himself weak and stuff.
Gaining more mastery wasn't the reason why the Darkest Knight become more powerful. It was because he had redirected the Crisis Energy to himself in addition of already having the body of a "weak" Doctor Manhattan duplicate.

Gaining more mastery wasn't the reason why the Darkest Knight become more powerful. It was because he had redirected the Crisis Energy to himself in addition of already having the body of a "weak" Doctor Manhattan duplicate.
Nah I meant his Pre-Crisis Energy state where you say he's weaker than Dr M. I think he's at least in the ballpark enough to get the same tier, even if you say he's weaker, rather than unknown since it's literally just a Batman version of Dr M.

Nah I meant his Pre-Crisis Energy state where you say he's weaker than Dr M. I think he's at least in the ballpark enough to get the same tier, even if you say he's weaker, rather than unknown since it's literally just a Batman version of Dr M.
Well the problem is that we just don't know how powerful he was. So, I think Unknown is fine or Unknown, possibly Low 1-C.

Summary:

* Remove the In-Multiverse and True State key on Doctor Manhattan, Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis), The Batman Who Laughs profiles.

* Add a Pre-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight and a Post-Crisis Energy Darkest Knight key for the Batman Who Laughs profile.

Yes, that is likely fine, although we need to decide the statistics.

Also, "Before Crisis Energy" and "With Crisis Energy" are likely less confusing phrases to use, given the context.

Well I propose for the Batman Who Laughs: Unknown | Low 1-C, possibly 1-A

"Before Crisis Energy" and "With Crisis Energy" is fine.

For the others: Low 1-C, possibly 1-A

That seems fine to me.

If you write a list of the EXACT titles for all of the pages that you need unlocked, my automated script can handle it.

Here's the profiles that need to be unlocked.

Doctor Manhattan

Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis)

The Batman Who Laughs

Thank you. Tell me here when you are done.

Back