• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom vs Lavos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yobobojojo said:
Lavos is passively Low 2-C
And Doom has an object that is Low 2-C and tech that afects High 1-Bs... your point?

Yobobojojo said:
I mean, he has to use it first, and Lavos can just come from another time line
I seriously am not sure what Lavos has in response to anything that' High 1-B. Are you telling me he can just play chicken..., forever? Since he won't be touching doom with that tech.

His High 1-B tech he must start with in character, and that assumes that he can get past infinite Lavos from other timelines

Note how the only comment I made so far was a joke. I ain't startin' this wildfire. I learned my lesson from Arceus vs Khorne.

Phoenix821 said:
So many Doom threads yet mine is ignored
Ironically, that's probably the only Doctor Doom matchup to come out since the upgrade that I was legitimately hyped about. Including the one I made.

Even a split Cosmic Cube is casually Low 2-C, on the scale of creating a whole universe and embodying it whole. And Doom can erase universes with a thought with the power of a Cosmic Cube. Nevermind he had absorbed the powers of Galactus, a hax-monster that would tear Lavos to shreds.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Even a split Cosmic Cube is casually Low 2-C, on the scale of creating a whole universe and embodying it whole. And Doom can erase universes with a thought with the power of a Cosmic Cube. Nevermind he had absorbed the powers of Galactus, a hax-monster that would tear Lavos to shreds.
Galactus vs Lavos coming up then. Can you prevent Galan from taking an L like Doom did against BB?

Geez, I wanted to stay away from this, but a vote did come in...

If we wanna use the Galactus argument (which is still debatable) for A>B>C logic, if Doom lost to Kars, BB, and Reinhard, then he's not beating Lavos.

Anyway, Lavos BFRs as usual. Even with the Cosmic Cube, Doom doesn't have the range to do much here. If Doom employs his usual strategy of leaving to devise a plan, he's still getting BFR'd. Power Drain is impressive as usual, but even if he got the chance to use it, won't stop the duplicates from attacking, and having Lavos' powers after the Drain doesn't mean much when Lavos literally cannibalizes itself to gain power. Plus, there's Lavos' power drain via absorption to factor in, which, while less potent (Doom's is High 1-B after all), is far more intricate as we know by now. Plus, power mimicry is broken too. If Doom uses magic, it's geting absorbed. And finally, he's outclassed in AP, as Doom's thought I'd still below Lavos' presence and gaining power by the second.

Bottom line is, Doom can't operate before getting BFR'd by Lavos or a duplicate, and the only way for him to get out of BFR is if he somehow drains Lavos before getting BFR'd.

>Lavos BFRs.

Lol Doom comes back with spells that allow him to move multi-dimensional distances.

If Doom power drains Lavos is being left powerless. Period. And Lavos won't have any defenses against many of the Spells Doom can cast. And he isn't weaker than Lavos, I already proved this. Doom is also a much more potent Reality-Warper due to having the capabilities of Galactus and a Cosmic Cube, and Low 2-C is incredibly lowballing for someone with those powers.

Also ignores that people like Galactus and Odin have resistances to every single hax that they have. This is shown when Galactus and Odin fight in one issue and bystanders wonder why Odin doesn't just transmute Galactus into a flower or something, and Thor responds that it won't work, as both opponents have such power that they can nullify such abilities, making such attempts pointless.

So yeah, Doom resists, overpowers in AP, counters the BFR, and absorbs much more effectively.

Matthew Schroeder said:
>Lavos BFRs.

Lol Doom comes back with spells that allow him to move multi-dimensional distances.
And can Doom survive being BFR'd to the Darkness Beyond Time, a world of nothingness beyond multiversal+ range and erase anything within it? Not only that but Lavos can also seal portals so Doom propably can't use his spells to come back

If Doom power drains Lavos is being left powerless. Period. And Lavos won't have any defenses against many of the Spells Doom can cast. And he isn't weaker than Lavos, I already proved this. Doom is also a much more potent Reality-Warper due to having the capabilities of Galactus and a Cosmic Cube, and Low 2-C is incredibly lowballing for someone with those powers.

Except Lavos' absorption is much more passive than Doom's. And while Doom's Low 2-C powers is incredibly lowballing, I still do not think it's that impressive compare to destroying a timeline with JUST mere presence alone.

Also ignores that people like Galactus and Odin have resistances to every single hax that they have. This is shown when Galactus and Odin fight in one issue and bystanders wonder why Odin doesn't just transmute Galactus into a flower or something, and Thor responds that it won't work, as both opponents have such power that they can nullify such abilities, making such attempts pointless.

And do they resist hax like existence+non-existence erasure or consumption of dreams, thoughts and memories for dimensions away? Even if they do resist those, it's pretty much mood to a being that litterally voids immunities.

Presence is an unquantifiable level of casualness. Being a Low 2-C via all the lowball in this world is likely more impressive than being a passive Low 2-C.

Yes, they do resist Existance Erasure and Dream Manipulation. Also, again, Doom can just point at Lavos and steal all his powers for good.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yes, they do resist Existance Erasure and Dream Manipulation. Also, again, Doom can just point at Lavos and steal all his powers for good.
But do they resist Existence AND Non-Existence Erasure? And even they do, Lavos can still void immunitie. And again, Lavos' absorption is much more passive and I actually don't think Doom can steal powers from a non-existent being.

Anyways, I vote for Lavos via sending Doom to the Darkness Beyond Time erasing his existence. I don't think Doom can steal powers from a non-existent being and even then Lavos probably drains him first as he passively drains magic which is what Doom uses. Also, even if Doom manage to deal with one Lavos, he still has take care of the other infinite acausal duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back