• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom vs Lavos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Power Cosmic users do have resistance to Power Null and Absorption

It is a 100% NLF. You guys need to look at what you are saying. Doom's technologies are far superior to anything Lavos has ever copied. So he will not copy them. He will get haxstomped by Doom.

@Cal

"Because he hasn't copied each electricity that means he can't"

Bingo. That's exactly how it works around here, buddy. The burden of proof is on you to prove that he can copy it, not on me to prove a negative. Do you know how debating works?

If you want me to prove that Lavos can copy electrical powers, you need to show Lavos copying electrical powers. Don't show me copying the rainbow-beam of a unicorn and says that means he can copy electricity.

If he hasn't shown any feats of copying a power he can't. That's how this works.

Promestein said:
I mean, Power Cosmic users do have resistance to Power Null and Absorption
Galactus Power Cosmic has more hax than Lavos in every sense of the way. Combined Cosmic Cubes to it and ohboi.

@Cal

You are forgetting to draw a line. "Hax" is a nigh-infinite definition. Copying Blood Manip doesn't make you able to mimic Future Warrior's Mid-Godly.

Once again, unless you show comparable scans and feats, I'm not buying it.

Except that's it hasn't, because stuff like that hasn't been built in the Chronoverse before (Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, for example). And Lavos has shown the ability to take that stuff before such as in the bad ending of CC, where Lavos can freely use the Chrono Cross.

Kepekley23 said:
@Cal

You are forgetting to draw a line. "Hax" is a nigh-infinite definition. Copying Blood Manip doesn't make you able to mimic Future Warrior's Mid-Godly.

Once again, unless you show comparable scans and feats, I'm not buying it.
Stop using examples of passive hax to debunk me, because you'll only end up with false equivalency.

And thats exactly where one of the issues here lies. "Being superior". Superiority doesn't mean a hax cant work on you at all. Not only does this go right back to the "superior power>hax" stuff, but that within itself is an NLF sans being higher dimensional.

If theres no resistance, Absolute Zero will work on you whether your 5-B or a 2-A in power.

If theres no resistance, soul manipulation will work as well. So will mind manipulating, and so on.

2-A to High 2-A, but yes. Also, FATE, who alone is a piece of technology comparable to Doom, is terrified by a mere fragment of Lavos (that being the Frozen Flame).

It's not a false equivalence. You have to debate with scans and feats. I don't have to prove it doesn't work.

Kepekley23 said:
@Cal Once again, unless you show comparable scans and feats, I'm not buying it.
If you show scans of Doom affecting at least an infinite amount of beings at once, or resistance to half of Lavos' things like your claiming, then I'll do what you ask. Because the only thing I have seen so far is Doom can escape the BFR.

> Also, FATE, who alone is a piece of technology comparable to Doom, is terrified by a mere fragment of Lavos

FATE is not remotely Doom level. Its best tech feat is terraforming a planet and possessing and sealing people. That's nowhere near what Doom has shown at all.

> Blood Manip

It is hax.

Maybe it got lost in the thread, but I have to ask-

What would be in character for each of these people to do first? Like, opening move, second move...? People seem to mostly be arguing how it could play out, rather than how it would play out...

>Multiversal+ computer capable of overseeing realms, has genius level intelligence, sealing the Dragon Gods, creating multiversal avatars in Lynx, possession, being a god of fate, and high level time screwery.

>Planet terraformer.

I also mentioned possession and sealing.

None of that is remotely Doom-level in technology. Which is what we're dicussing.

Plus, I'm going to sleep right now, so I will see this thread tomorrow.

>It is hax

Sure if you take the highest absolute level of it. Standard blood manipulating, like from waterbender, being compared to space-time hax or reality warping is beyond a joke.

Even then, another issue here: copying a hax =/= copying a natural part of the haxes user, being regen. Unless you absorbed them that is, copying powers from a mid-godly wont mean you gain their mid-godly regen. Its like saying, because you replicated powers from someome who is a timeline incarnate, you suddenly become a timeline yourself. Which is silly.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Except that totally defeats the concept of one, reasonable assumptions, and two, power mimicry as a whole. What you said literally makes power mimicry not a power.

Plus, if I throw that logic back at you, show me Doom doing all the things Galactus, abstracts, and the Cosmic Cubes do. For all I know, there could be a portion of powers that he was missing.

Cosmic Cube users can use the Cosmic Cube to fuse with the timeline and become omnipresent

I like that the more this thread progresses the more desperate the Pro-Lavos arguments get and the more he is exaggerated repeatedly.

being compared to space-time hax or reality warping is beyond a joke.

This thread in a nutshell.

"Except that totally defeats the concept of one, reasonable assumptions, and two, power mimicry as a whole. What you said literally makes power mimicry not a power."

Are you even understanding things? Reasonable Assumptions in the case of an ability is to go by what it has show, no more. Wrong, Power Mimicry is a power, it is not a "I win" button like you insist it is.

Dude, you're actually being not cool right now. As a friend, I'm asking you to stop acting high and mighty, throwing shade on those who disagree with you. If that's not your intention, it's how you're coming across.

Plus, it's not like you're not treating Doom like some sort of unstoppable being yourself.

The ones who aren't being cool is the people who are exaggerating Lavos light-years ahead of all he's ever done, trying to twist his abilities into things they can't do. Wanna be cool, accept the loss for Lavos, like I've done with other Doom loses.

Once again Matthew nice.

>Exaggerated.

Nice rebuttal. Ya explain what had been exaggerated? Just saying "exaggerated/wank/hype" does litterally nothing.

J-Man, you can read through this entire thread. We already explained multiple times why it is exaggerated, but just for you here you go:

"Do you think Lavos can copy The Downstreamers' tech? Because literally nothing changes in the argument. Just because some power is science-based doesn't mean it is automatically the same."

"Not quite. You need feats that it will work on someone of Doom's power and Doom's abilities. In-game it never copies hax. It just copies traditional JRPG abilities like Stat Effects and elemental magic. To say that it can copy Reality Warping is laughable."

"Magus' hax is literally elemental magic and little more. He never copied:

Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, etc."

The deal is this: If Lavos hasn't shown the capability to copy Ability X, then he won't be copying Ability X from Doom. Thus his Mimicry is a non-factor that goes into the garbage bin just like the previously debunked BFR giving win.

If you want to argue for Lavos, try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back