• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do we have a way to measure/rate hax on wiki?

Faisal_Shourov

VS Battles
Retired
Hello folks! I am glad to be here after a long time! Want to share my thoughts on a subject I have pondered about recently.

As it stands, all abilities a character posses are rated with categories on wiki profiles. Both Vegeta and Trafalgar Law have telekinesis, but Vegeta has used TK to make people explode in combat while Law just moves things around.

If a person without knowledge on either Vegeta and Law decides to read off their profiles, they could say in a TK fight it would be stalemate since both have same ability (unless we have mentioned the feats in details on their profiles_. However the magnitude and extent of skill is not mentioned on most profiles.

I am not looking for a wiki wide revision, just asking if it's even possible to rate hax ability. For example, Chioatzu being able to inflict pain on internal organs is much more of a hax ability than standard TK of moving object around.

Anybody has any suggestions? I feel our rating system is too much focused on DC and hax is an important part of fictional battles as well.

The extent of a character's hax should be described in the profile. No system for measuring it is necessary or even plausible in the first place, since hax tends to be a case by case basis.

Promestein said:
The extent of a character's hax should be described in the profile. No system for measuring it is necessary or even plausible in the first place, since hax tends to be a case by case basis.
It's not mentioned though. Most profiles except the popular ones just have general list of ability listed or what it can do. Some characters have certain abilities demonstrated just once in a particular occassion that's listed same way as other regular abilities, so frequency of the power is very rarely mentioned.

As you said, because it's a case by case basis I am wondering if we there's a way to categorize in any way (like degree or frequency).

Why would we demonstrate frequency? Unless the showing is directly contradicted by something more consistent, it should be perfectly usable.

Categorizing such things is honestly not really necessary.

The extent of the ability should be described, yes, but not with any consistent categorization system.

It's not necessary to categorize frequency but it's necessary to demonstrate. Abilities used only once in lifetime is generally not suitable to be used in vs threads (as we have learned from countless vs matches). Unless there are statements that said character is proficient in that ability, one time use ability is generally not used in debates since there's doubt about character's capability to use it in combat effectively. Our wiki is a reliable source for numerous vs matches online. It's quite important factor in vs matches.

However this is not a request for wiki wide revision, and I am looking for opinion from people. @Prom

Well, I do not know how to properly quantify the degree of a character's hax. I suppose that people will have to figure it out thenselves on a case-by-case basis, based on their listed abilities.

Rating hax in some way really doesn't work, since hax a to diverse.

The simple solution to the problem is to write better profiles, describing the uses of the listed abilities in detail, as far as it is not obvious (like moving objects with telekinesis doesn't need further explanation, but using it for durability negation should probably be mentioned).

when did vegeta explode someone? when nappa? So it was like frieza with krillin? Why dont they use these abilities more often? Also, if you were to rate hax, you could use the Superpowers wikia rating (expert level or whatever the level is) so people can refer to it and get a glimpse of the abilities unless they have shown it once and it was very specific.

PaChi2 said:
when did vegeta explode someone? when nappa? So it was like frieza with krillin? Why dont they use these abilities more often? Also, if you were to rate hax, you could use the Superpowers wikia rating (expert level or whatever the level is) so people can refer to it and get a glimpse of the abilities unless they have shown it once and it was very specific.
Vegeta killed Cui and Saibamen with telekinesis. Abilities which are not written in details are often overlooked and misinterpreted, as Donttalk said. Just copying Superpower wiki isn't enough

Thanks DT for your reply !

Isnt hax in general just a completely different case then power? If thats the case then unless the said character has an actual resistance to the said hax ability, i dont see a reason to explain the limits and details of hax.

Back