• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superhuman precisions CRT: Please actually add this dogwater ability to profiles already

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is apparently an ability that has existed for a couple months. Despite it being around for almost two months, absolutely no character on the site actually has this ability listed on their profile. In fact, even its example users don't have it on their profiles. As such, this thread will be used for three specific things:

• Adding the ability to its example users
  • Just like with other threads about new abilities, people can discuss what other profiles would be eligible for Superhuman Precision
  • actually adding an example image seriously how does a new ability not include any visual examples of how it looks like

I propose adding this gif of V1 (One of the mentioned users of this ability) using Superhuman Precision as a visual example for the page, with the caption:
"V1 can precisely split a coin into two and send both pieces flying into the weakpoints of enemies"

I think Superhuman Precision is better than Marksmanship, though. They are essentially the same but Superhuman Precision is more broad since it encompasses precision without tools as well. So especially accurate and precise martial artists could also qualify.
Fax king fax 🗣️ 🔥 🔥 🔥
A lot of its example users do actually use other things besides ranged weapons for feats that require extreme precision, and while I do think it's better than Marksmanship, it'd be better to just fuse both pages instead.

delete tbh, it's redundant as hell and the thread in which it was approved is relatively old

@Antvasima I believe you'd be interested in this Dilemma given your recent reply in an adjacent thread.

I think Superhuman Precision is better than Marksmanship, though. They are essentially the same but Superhuman Precision is more broad since it encompasses precision without tools as well. So especially accurate and precise martial artists could also qualify.
I share this opinion.

I think that it seems better to use our "Superhuman Precision" page as a complement to "Marksmanship", "Martial Arts", "Energy Projection", etc., rather than as a replacement for them.

So this is apparently an ability that has existed for a couple months. Despite it being around for almost two months, absolutely no character on the site actually has this ability listed on their profile. In fact, even its example users don't have it on their profiles. As such, this thread will be used for three specific things:

• Adding the ability to its example users
  • Just like with other threads about new abilities, people can discuss what other profiles would be eligible for Superhuman Precision
  • actually adding an example image seriously how does a new ability not include any visual examples of how it looks like
These seem like good ideas.
I propose adding this gif of V1 (One of the mentioned users of this ability) using Superhuman Precision as a visual example for the page, with the caption:
"V1 can precisely split a coin into two and send both pieces flying into the weakpoints of enemies"
I would greatly prefer an image of Kenshiro or Superman (via heat vision) using superhuman precision instead.

I think that it seems better to use our "Superhuman Precision" page as a complement to "Marksmanship" and "Martial Arts", rather than as a replacement for them.
I have the feeling many members will find the very slight deviation between Superhuman Precision and Marksmanship too negligible and redundant to keep both of them.

The only difference really is that Superhuman Precision doesn't necessarily include the usage of ranged/projectile weapons. It can, but it doesn't have to, unlike Marksmanship which makes that a necessity.

In the case that the decision is made that we should only keep one of them, I'd be inclined to say Superhuman Precision should be the one to stay.

delete tbh, it's redundant as hell and the thread in which it was approved is relatively old
Seen here, this is why I don't think many members will say we should keep both.

I have the feeling many members will find the very slight deviation between Superhuman Precision and Marksmanship too negligible and redundant to keep both of them.

The only difference really is that Superhuman Precision doesn't necessarily include the usage of ranged/projectile weapons. It can, but it doesn't have to, unlike Marksmanship which makes that a necessity.

In the case that the decision is made that we should only keep one of them, I'd be inclined to say Superhuman Precision should be the one to stay.
I obviously agree about that superhuman precision covers more areas, including different power usages, if we can genuinely only keep one of them, but think that it is preferable to keep both.
Seen here, this is why I don't think many members will say we should keep both.
In that case we would likely need to expand the text within our "Superhuman Precision" text to include different types of applications, such as Superman's heat vision/Energy Projection, hand-to-hand combat/Martial Arts, and Marksmanship, but again, I find it more practical to keep both power pages.

I added an in my view quite good illlustration image to the page.

I think that it seems better to use our "Superhuman Precision" page as a complement to "Marksmanship", "Martial Arts", "Energy Projection", etc., rather than as a replacement for them.
In that case we would likely need to expand the text within our "Superhuman Precision" text to include different types of applications, such as Superman's heat vision/Energy Projection, hand-to-hand combat/Martial Arts, and Marksmanship, but again, I find it more practical to keep both power pages.
Our Marksmanship page also needs to remove "clearly superhuman" from its description text if we keep both that and Superhuman Precision.
@M3X_2.0 @Armorchompy

Does this solution seem acceptable to you?

Might be worth adding that with superhuman precision you can also ignore durability. Not only character durability but buildings and such. Most notable, Karnak and Daredevil.

Yes. I think that the two abilities work as good complements to each other if we remove the "clearly superhuman" requirement from the Marksmanship page.

Thank you. 🙏

Is that acceptable for the rest of you as well?

I don't think we need two abilities for "good at aiming" at all even if one is specifically for more impressive feats. Marksmanship was already meant to cover all of this, if there's disagreements with the way it does this then it should be changed to accomodate them, this is completely superfluous.

But superhuman precision covers all areas of extremely superhuman accuracy, including via martial arts, energy blasts, and other powers, whereas marksmanship specifically covers high skill with ranged weaponry, and can easily be modified to not require superhuman proficiency, so I think that it is far better to keep both of these pages.

In addition, Promestein created the superhuman accuracy page, and I wish to be respectful to her.

The proposal for Marksmanship was to make an ability for characters capable of incredible aim- if you read the debate much of the arguments in favor of it are "being capable of great aim (regardless of weaponry) is a niche none of our P&A cover". This is essentially the same as Superhuman Precision- it's not very clear with how the final draft came up which is something I tried to disagree with to little result, but if Marksmanship was "really good with ranged weapons" then it would be extremely redundant with Weapon Mastery, which goes out of its way to state "This classification can be used for any kind of weapon, such as a sword, spear, knife, or gun".
In addition, Promestein created the superhuman accuracy page, and I wish to be respectful to her.
I understand the feeling but it is not something that should factor into this discussion.

The proposal for Marksmanship was to make an ability for characters capable of incredible aim- if you read the debate much of the arguments in favor of it are "being capable of great aim (regardless of weaponry) is a niche none of our P&A cover". This is essentially the same as Superhuman Precision- it's not very clear with how the final draft came up which is something I tried to disagree with to little result, but if Marksmanship was "really good with ranged weapons" then it would be extremely redundant with Weapon Mastery, which goes out of its way to state "This classification can be used for any kind of weapon, such as a sword, spear, knife, or gun".
Well, I still find it far more beneficial for our community to very slightly modify the description texts in our martial arts and marksmanship pages, and otherwise, superhuman accuracy in any respect is a more inclusive concept than marksmanship/being skilled with projectile weaponry only, so that page should logically receive preferential treatment.

Ant I don't think you read my post, Marksmanship's whole idea is that it isn't restricted to projectile weaponry, it and SP are exactly the same thing just worded differently, they cannot coexist- I'm in favor of them being fused though

Okay. However, if that is correct, Superhuman Precision is a much better description/title, and it seems very weird/inappropriate to refer to skill with a sniper rifle as martial arts, so I still prefer the solution I mentioned earlier.

Then you need to compromise with me, because we genuinely do need a superhuman accuracy ability, but as I said earlier, if we keep that page, we also need to get rid of the superhuman requirement in our marksmanship page, so it simply includes a high level of skill with firearms and ranged weaponry.

I am in agreement with Antvasima that Supernatural Precision is the better term and currently has a better description that Marksmanship.

If one of them is to stay, it should be Supernatural Precision.

I also don't agree that people with peak human levels should be indexed in that ability. We already have other pages for that. Weapon Mastery, Martial Arts, Pressure Points, etc can all be used to encompass general, peak human levels of precision in multiple different categories.

Superhuman Precision should remain for those with extraordinary levels of accuracy. Such as V1 and Superman. Because it goes beyond just general mastery of weapons/martial arts and is its own thing.

In that case we should probably give our Martial Arts page an extra type section for ranged weaponry/marksmanship.

My mistake due to being distracted and strayminded. We should give our weapon mastery page an extra types section for ranged weaponry/marksmanship, yes.

I'm sorry, what are you guys even actually proposing we should do? What's even the point of Marksmanship if it's just "good but not superhuman accuracy"? Someone who's superhumanly good with guns will have to have three separate P&A for the simplest reason ever [you cannot fuse marksmanship and WM because marksmanship is not just about weapons], and gatekeeping Precision to superhuman feats will cause no end of debate regarding whether a feat counts or not as "superhuman"- for the same reason that we avoided making an Extraordinarily Superhuman stamina rating we should avoid making that a requirement, it's just too muddy of a line to draw.

There's also just absolutely no precedent to doing something like this, we don't have "Martial Arts" and "Superhuman Combat Skill", we don't have "Weapon Mastery" and "Superhuman Object Usage", it's just Martial Arts and Weapon Mastery, because it's better to keep things simple than add types for everything.

Regardless a new thread should be made for this, we need a lot of staff perspectives here before making any changes and it's unlikely we'll get that in an old thread.

I'm sorry, what are you guys even actually proposing we should do? What's even the point of Marksmanship if it's just "good but not superhuman accuracy"? Someone who's superhumanly good with guns will have to have three separate P&A for the simplest reason ever [you cannot fuse marksmanship and WM because marksmanship is not just about weapons], and gatekeeping Precision to superhuman feats will cause no end of debate regarding whether a feat counts or not as "superhuman"- for the same reason that we avoided making an Extraordinarily Superhuman stamina rating we should avoid making that a requirement, it's just too muddy of a line to draw.

There's also just absolutely no precedent to doing something like this, we don't have "Martial Arts" and "Superhuman Combat Skill", we don't have "Weapon Mastery" and "Superhuman Weapon Usage", it's just Martial Arts and Weapon Mastery
I'm proposing we delete Marksmanship as it is redundant due to Superhuman Precision being a better worded version that encompasses all precision with and without ranged weaponry.

I think it's pretty easy to tell whether or not a feat counts as superhuman. Could you give an example of something that'd be on the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back