• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superhuman precisions CRT: Please actually add this dogwater ability to profiles already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty easy to tell whether or not a feat counts as superhuman. Could you give an example of something that'd be on the edge?
No, that's the whole problem. What do you consider is a "peak human" shooting feat and what do you consider to be significantly higher? Is winning a firefight against three-five people a superhuman feat? Most people wouldn't consider it such given it's very common in fiction but it's basically impossible in real life. Consistently landing headshots on enemies is basically impossible in a hectic firefight (to the point that people are actively trained not to do it) but it's so common in fiction that you wouldn't want to give "Superhuman Precision" to literally everyone that does, considering that it is all technically feasible, just impractical unless you had very superhuman aim. Sniping someone from 1 km away might seem possible given that the record is 2+km but if the conditions are (not) right (wind, small timeframe, poor visibility, etc) it might be completely impossible, there's way too many factors going into something for it to be a good idea to make saying "yes this is/isn't superhuman" to such feats a common function of profile-making. The more complex you make standards the more people are going to get it wrong.

If we are going with Superhuman Precision, then that page has to be drastically changed. It's not good the way it is.

The pages says "impossibly good aim" and then has a lot of non-aim feats like "strike pressure points far too small for any ordinary person to be able to hit" and "catch raindrops from out of the air" which is more a matter of speed.

The page shouldn't mention that the ability is "in short, impossibly good aim", superhuman precision is more than that, aim is a byproduct of it. There are cases where superhuman precision doesn't use aim, but just... precision. One of the examples linked is Jotaro, and I'm guessing it's with Star Platinum (it has to be changed). Star Platinum does indeed have good aim, but the main "precision" feat he has is drawing a realistic draw of a mosquito just by looking a photo, catching a mosquito-sized Stand and saying he could break its bones one by one. This is not aim, it's just precision.
Consequently, characters with this ability may also qualify for things like Matter Manipulation, and many who possess this ability often also possess significant skill, be it with their body or a weapon.
How so? Any examples for this? We also need to add that with this kind of ability, characters can strike weak points of buildings to destroy them, aka Durability Negation. Karnak from Marvel has this ability on another level, he can break free from Jean Grey's TP by finding a failure on it and striking, same for the afterlife where he found a failure, broke it, and revived. He can also break a anti-Hulk cage with one finger.

Also, we have characters that their whole thing is superhuman precision. Bullseye, Deadshot, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, etc. They should be the examples of the page and not Superman.

If we are going with Superhuman Precision, then that page has to be drastically changed. It's not good the way it is.

The pages says "impossibly good aim" and then has a lot of non-aim feats like "strike pressure points far too small for any ordinary person to be able to hit" and "catch raindrops from out of the air" which is more a matter of speed.

The page shouldn't mention that the ability is "in short, impossibly good aim", superhuman precision is more than that, aim is a byproduct of it. There are cases where superhuman precision doesn't use aim, but just... precision. One of the examples linked is Jotaro, and I'm guessing it's with Star Platinum (it has to be changed). Star Platinum does indeed have good aim, but the main "precision" feat he has is drawing a realistic draw of a mosquito just by looking a photo, catching a mosquito-sized Stand and saying he could break its bones one by one. This is not aim, it's just precision.
I do not at all mind considerable improvements for that page.

I also think that the weapon mastery page should get two types in a new section, close combat and ranged weaponry, although there are likely better titles for those types available.

Also, we have characters that their whole thing is superhuman precision. Bullseye, Deadshot, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, etc. They should be the examples of the page and not Superman.
That also seems fine, but I at least did find a quite good illustration for the ability, so you need to also make an effort with finding a good replacement.

Daredevil pulling off crazy marksmen bullshit is even the image we use on the Marksmanship page lmao

I'm in the same camp as M3X here
That image can likely work as well, yes.

So is somebody here willing to expand on our Superhuman Precision page by integrating information from our Marksmanship page, and to appropriately redirect all of the links to the Marksmanship page so they lead to Superhuman Precision instead as well?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere?target=Marksmanship&namespace=0

We also preferably need to expand on our Weapon Mastery page to include a section that lists close combat and ranged combat weapons as two different types of weaponry expertise.

Bump.

It seems important to get rid of the Superhuman Precision requirement from our Marksmanship page, so distanced weapon skills do not require superhuman precision and vise versa.

Would that be an acceptable solution for the rest of you here?

Alternately, we can merge together our marksmanship and weapon mastery pages with sections for close and distanced weaponry.

Alternately, we can merge together our marksmanship and weapon mastery pages with sections for close and distanced weaponry.
I don't mind specifying a bit how weapon mastery can be ranged and close-range but can't we just fuse every combat ability into one? There's so much overlap between them and I don't think any other solution prevents redundancy

Semantically, "Superhuman Precision" is simply far superior as a general term for accuracy than "Marksmanship," which contains a very strong connotation with firearms/archery. Marksmanship sounds like a far better fit as a subset of Weapon Mastery.

Semantically, "Superhuman Precision" is simply far superior as a general term for accuracy than "Marksmanship,"
Agreed.
which contains a very strong connotation with firearms/archery. Marksmanship sounds like a far better fit as a subset of Weapon Mastery.
Agreed. Thank you for your support. 🙏

Is that solution acceptable for the rest of you as well?

@DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

I still think the reasons I have stated above basically believe Superhuman Precisions and Marskmanship are two widely different things; the former is a superpower while the other is just a general proficient like weapon mastery (And to an extent martial arts) but specifically being skilled in ranged weapon (Or ranged attacks in general).

But if other staff still think Marksmanship is unnecessary, so be it.

I still think the reasons I have stated above basically believe Superhuman Precisions and Marskmanship are two widely different things; the former is a superpower while the other is just a general proficient like weapon mastery (And to an extent martial arts) but specifically being skilled in ranged weapon (Or ranged attacks in general).

But if other staff still think Marksmanship is unnecessary, so be it.
Well, the current idea here is to merge the contents of our Marksmanship page into a sub-type section of our Weapon Mastery page, although the superhuman aim/skill mention should be removed in conjunction.

The other option is to just remove the superhuman aim/skill requirement from our marksmanship page.

It seems fine.
Thank you for helping out. 🙏

All staff members here:

So which of the following solutions should we apply then?
Well, the current idea here is to merge the contents of our Marksmanship page into a sub-type section of our Weapon Mastery page, although the superhuman aim/skill mention should be removed in conjunction.

The other option is to just remove the superhuman aim/skill requirement from our marksmanship page.

All staff members here:

So which of the following solutions should we apply then?
@Phoenks @Armorchompy @M3X_2.0 @DarkDragonMedeus @SamanPatou @FinePoint @Celestial_Pegasus @Elizhaa

Thank you for your replies. We will still have to replace the brief superhuman aim requirement text for that page though.

Is somebody here willing to merge our Marksmanship page into a section of our Weapon Mastery page, and turn the Marksmanship page into a redirect link in conjunction, please?

@IdiosyncraticLawyer

Would you be willing to handle it for example?

I tried to polish the formatting up a bit. Is this acceptable? If so, close this thread.

I think that it seems to look sufficiently good now.

I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙂❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back