• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC's Forgotten Abilities,Resistances and Hax

I don't know about Bayonetta and it's not really important here, maybe it had more reasons. But DMC doesn't have enough to support this, a brief lore description isn't enough especially when it's contradicted, like how you fill up your DT bar, while lore wise there isn't a DT bar.

That doesn't really contradict anything, the DT bar represents the characters demonic energy and the devil stars rejuvenate that energy.

Except they don't have a DT bar lore wise that when it depletes they go out of DT. They can stay how much they want in it it's just their demon form.

I get that but DT energy is still a thing, in the novels it's shown that Dante can be sapped of his magic and rendered basically human until he recharges, he may be able to stay in DT as long as he wants but he can be sapped of his magic.

Just saying for AZ stuff. If the evidence of AZ is sufficient enough and it is pretty clear that the heat the attack emits is colder than AZ, than it is colder than AZ. Jin Kisaragi for example.

Shouldn't we scale V and Urizen's stuff to Vergil since Vergil is the fusion of them?

The thing is the fusion just restored the original Vergil, i'm not certain that he gainedall of their abilities.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Dante and Nero need resistance to life force absorption

Dante I still think he should have Regenerationn negation up to mid because of his fight with argosax

Dante and Nero could take hits from Yamato so would that give them resistance to spatial manipulation and power nullification

Dante Vergil Nero and sparda should have self sustenance types 1 and 2

I am not sure about the items
So can we add these?

It's based on Sparda taking out the names of demons in the manga, he can do that without Yamato [Dante/Verrgil were implied to be able to do it too], also its not Power Nullification but Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation.

If he hasn't already, Dante should get glyph creation due to Air Hike. It's stated in its DMC4 description to essentially be using demonic energy to create a platform under his feet, which fits the definition of glyph creation quite well.

There is no way you can link a chapter in LINE manga cuz JAPANESE APP SERVICE AND FORMAT ******* SUCKS THEY CAN'T EVEN GET LINK OPTION

But I can do screenshot wait

Oh yea it's solid and fits with DMC5 summons saying they are from his memories.The Yamato might just have the ability to seperate anything apart if they keep on showing it seperating stuff lol.

I've read the translated manga. Vergil outright states he is separating his losses, the trauma he suffered under Mundus as Nero Angelo. Basically, it's heavily implied that Vergil literally ripped his very trauma out of his body when he sliced his demon and human halves.

I think the idea is that Urizen doesn't care about human emotions, as a full-blooded demon. So all of Vergil's trauma is actually something that inherently comes with having human emotion.

Yamato can split or cut from physical matter, even space, all the way to a concept. That's an impressive sword

But I wonder what Rebellion does. Does it literally just absorbs a matter into itself for more power or can it absorb more than just physical matter?

What about the Sword edge Sparda itself. What is its special ability? (we may never know now since the Sword is no more).

Rebillion just.....sucks.Even compared to Sparda which at least has the ability to seal.Hopefully future games show more of Rebellion's abilities through DSD

I think I got it. Vergil and Dante are like opposites, even down to their fighting style, so they both inherited weapons that compliment their individual character as well as fighting styles.

So if Yamato's ability is to sever something or someone completely, Rebellion is to absorb or connect something or someone. That's why Dante absorbed the Sparda.

Dante:

Surprisingly resistence to electricity manipulation was forgotten for DMC3 Dante.

Glyph creation as stated above from Air hike

Water manipulation resistance for DMC2 Dante (for fighting the Jokatglum who has a water attack)

DMC3 Dante should have resistance to energy absorption (Resists Leviathan's DT energy absorption)

Possible resistence to Darkness manipulation from Nevan's darkness attacks.

DMC1 Dante resistance to Body Puppetry from Marionette's puppet attack.

DMC1 Dante resistance to power absorption/power nullification (can't tell which one it is) from Beelzebub's blue vomit which prevents Dante's guns from shooting.

Nero:

Glyph creation once again already stated above from Air hike

Nero should have resistance to electricity manipulation and poison from Agnus's containment room and various other sources.

Resistance to Fire and Hellfire manipulation from fighting Berial and Basilisks,

Resistance to DT energy absorption from Nobodys

Resistance to Blood manipulation Queen Empusa's

V and summons:

Non-physical interaction/can harm intangible beings from Sin scissors

Resistance to electricity,ice, and fire from various sources

Resistance to poison and DT energy absorption from Nobodys

Resistance to blood manipulation from Queen Empusa

Demons/half/quarter/artificial demons:

Resistance to Soul manipulation and biological absorption from being unaffected by the Beastheads which takes the holder's soul and body and links it to the Beastheads causing the Beastheads to assimulate their soul and body.

Resistence to retrocognition (Beastheads gives the user retrocognition as well)

DMC5 Vergil having time stop and Items being added to the profiles are still up for discussion.

They do have gilph creation, non-physical interaction is fine for V, normally Artificials Demons don't scale since Lucia was affected by Arius BFR and for that reason i gave the resistances to her demon form, it's already fine for the others.

For the other resistances i'm not sure since Dante / Nero were affected or moved back by their attacks and we would give massive resistances additions to a lot of other characters just because they took an elemental or ability attack.

@Dark649

The resistances that I pointed out come from REALLY common abilities of enemies, abilities we can visually see the characters resists or are largely unavoidable.

The Beastheads resistances are fine, the other ones I'm not sure since taking attacks isn't Resistance, could be just an ap difference

I heavily disagree with Time Stop for Vergil

Alright but what about things that aren't AP related like:

DMC3 Dante should have resistance to energy absorption (Resists Leviathan's DT energy absorption)

DMC1 Dante resistance to Body Puppetry from Marionette's puppet attack.

DMC1 Dante resistance to power absorption/power nullification (can't tell which one it is) from Beelzebub's blue vomit which prevents Dante's guns from shooting.

Nero and V resistance to poison from Agnus's containment room and various other sources like Nobodys.

Nero and V resistance to DT energy absorption from Nobodys

Nero and V resistance to Blood manipulation Queen Empusa's

And can you go into further detail on why you disagree with Vergil having Time Stop?

EDIT:Note that DT energy isn't life energy.Agnus life absorption and Nobody's DT energy absorption are 2 different absorptions.

I don't remember him reaisting the effects of Leviatan's hearts. Could you provide some link or scan?

With this I agree, he can break free from their body puppetry.

I don't think this qualifies as PA, you could say that is maybe PN but thats a stretch since the guns are human artifacts and not something magical or part of him.

Thing is, they don't resist Energy Absorption, Leviathan and Nobody actually can leave them without DT

I agree with the rest

Vergil having Time Stop is just vague af, it is likely just a cosmetic choice to freeze everything around Vergil while he's moving Yamato

See, it only activates during Judment Cut End, and Vergil needs to finish the move to give damage in the opponent, but when he finishes the move, the "Time Stop" deactivates, so...why the Time Stop ? He already touched his opponent, the damage is done, a Time Stop is completely useless

If we give Vergil a Time Stop, would be heavily nerfed because of the range and it only activates during a Judment Cut End (IF Vergil manages to hit his opponent with JCE) and it stops right after the attack

That's why I believe it is just a cosmetic choice

@Tony di bugalu and Dante Demon Killah

The resistance to energy absorption comes from knowledge of the novels.It is stated and shown that Dante would be almost completely human if ALL of his magical energy aka DT energy is sucked away from him and Dante can still perform magic and superhuman abilities after Leviathan seemingly sucks his "all" of his magical energy meaning either the novel is wrong or Dante resists his energy being sucked by Leviathan and Nobody, this is also backed up by Dante facing Nightmare and using the Nightmare weapon in DMC1 which absorbs DT energy .(This could scale to demon/human hybrids)

The blue vomit that looks like worms but is actually evil magic that comepletely prevents Dante's ranged options from working and we know Dante's guns don't entirely use man made ammo.

If it was just a cosmetic choice then it would look like it did in DMC4. In 5, Vergil has a limited AoE as shown by the reaches of his energy, and you can see the space-time of that area torn to pieces.

Funny thing is that Dante can use royal guard to parry these ST slashes and if you get hit, you are frozen as if you're stopped in time, and your screen turns to gray which is a direct cause of time-stop, as shown with Geryon's abilities, QS, Bangle of Time, Nero's time arm, etc.

And it's not unreasonable since he had time powers as Urizen where he could shoot time slowing energy blasts.

Back