• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC's Forgotten Abilities,Resistances and Hax

idk but its homing (somewhat). He should at least get homing projectiles?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
idk but its homing (somewhat). He should at least get homing projectiles?
Well, I honestly don't know. That's why I ask. And I don't mean to be argumentative about it. I'm not asking "it's not danmaku, why is it there?". I'm asking "Is it danmaku, or something different?". Homing projectiles sounds close to what The Luce does, but hopefully someone far more experienced on here than me can help.

Would the range of Mundus increase due to the fact that he killed Griffon while he was still sealed in the underworld?

What do you guys think about giving those with Yamato self resurrection Yamato resurrected Nero Dante, Vergil and sparda had much better control on Yamato

I think Dante should have the other abilities of Yamato as well

Ogbunabali said:
When has Yamato ever resurrected anyone?
Nero in DMC4. It was officially confirmed (I'll admit I don't remember from where, I think by the developers?) that Nero died when he was attacked by Agnus and the Yamato reforming is what resurrected him.

Ogbunabali said:
A scan of that would be nice.
Again, I don't remember exactly where it was stated. I can't provide one. :p

Pretty sure he revived because he unlocked his true demonic powers, which happened to be through the Yamato, like Sanctus did when he got revived.

Nero can regen. from that damage, power nullification instead of conceptual manipulation seems fine and Vergil separating himself falls here.

In the cutscene at 5:00 we see that Nero could remember Kirie, then awakens his demon heritage and obtains Yamato.

Early Vergil, Dante, Nero lacks Portal Creation and likely BFR via Yamato since they have not shown such abilities, Sparda might had more experience with the sword than Dante and Nero so he might get the two.

Nero died then the Yamato brought him back and awakened his devil trigger

Just because he didn't show it doesn't mean he doesn't have it the portal creation comes from the Yamato so Vergil in 3 would likely have it sparda definitely would as he is the creator and the original owner of the Yamato I feel like Dante would have the portal creation as he could use the other powers of the Yamato just fine

Nero could use it he just didn't know how to as he didn't have the Yamato for very long during 4

The actual cutscene from DMC4 shows that Nero was alive that moment, unless Yamato revived him even before he actually got the sword on his hands

The History of DMC recap specifically states "Nero learned of the Order's true goals during his pursuit of Dante, and was killed for it by the scientist Agnus. Unbeknownst to all, Vergil's sword Yamato had been in the Order's possession. The blade resonated with Nero, reviving him with new demonic powers." I really don't see why there needs to be any debate on the topic. This is probably one of the least vague statements that have ever been used for DMC abilities. It explictly states that Nero died, and that the Yamato revived him. Nero did die, there is no question about it, and the Yamato had the power to resurrect him.

Items to be added on profiles due to having lore:

Vital stars

Devil stars

Holy stars

Holy water

Gold and Yellow Orb

Dante and Nero need resistance to life force absorption

Dante I still think he should have Regenerationn negation up to mid because of his fight with argosax

Dante and Nero could take hits from Yamato so would that give them resistance to spatial manipulation and power nullification

Dante Vergil Nero and sparda should have self sustenance types 1 and 2

I am not sure about the items

Sparda 20000000 said:
Dante and Nero need resistance to life force absorption

Dante I still think he should have Regenerationn negation up to mid because of his fight with argosax

Dante and Nero could take hits from Yamato so would that give them resistance to spatial manipulation and power nullification

Dante Vergil Nero and sparda should have self sustenance types 1 and 2

I am not sure about the items
What about these abilities?

- Agnus does absorb their life bar, though.

- Seems fine.

- They can take spatial attacks generally it pushes them back, first may be fine but no for power nullification.

- I agree, but possibly for Nero.

They already have Self Sustenance Type 1 if I'm not mistaken, but I agree based on DMC5 that they should get Type 2 as well, although Dante surviving might have been because he was absorbing the Qliphoth tree so more input from other people would be nice.

I don't think he should have Regenerationn negating because, Argosax was probably sealed and not killed, because that gun shot was way too similar to how he sealed Mundus in DMC1. Unless we have 100% statement that Dante killed Argosax.

I don't see why they should have resistance to Power Nullification just because they tanked hits from the Yamato, but resistance to Spacial Manipulation should probably be fine.

Dante has type 2 because he never ate for a long period [specifying after anime, when he went in hell in 2 before returning back], it can scale to Sparda, Vergil and possibly Nero.

Dante has type 1 since he fought in space, it can scale to Sparda, Vergil and possibly Nero.

Not sure if that should scale to the others demons, Sparda was not referred as a common demon before his ascension, i'm likely fine with it for the other demon lords.

It at least scales to Vergil and Nero. Although Nero is more human than demon, but he has a DT and awakened his demonic heritage, so he should count.

I'm fine we possibly for Nero

Dante can royal guard the life force absorbing attack plus he can break free from nevan's life force absorbing

Ogbunabali said:
I'm against listing items. There's not much to imply they are canon to my knowledge.
I think a description with lore is enough to put it on the profile.Bayonetta is allowed to use Red Hot shot and the Magic Flute and they only have a description.

Back