• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC's Forgotten Abilities,Resistances and Hax

"Although impervious even to volcanic fire, the frosts are weak to higher realms of incendiary. Use the hellfire of Ifrit to counter them."

This is the volcanic fire quote.

The air around the Frosts claws are only considered below absolute zero meaning just the claws of the Frosts are below absolute zero.

The "higher realms of incendiary" is talking about what is used to defeat the Frosts not counter the claws of the Frosts

@WeeklyBattles

The AZ feats page considers some below absolute zero feats legit and entertains the idea depending on it's source.

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "Although impervious even to volcanic fire, the frosts are weak to higher realms of incendiary. Use the hellfire of Ifrit to counter them."

This description isn't even a counter to AZ, it explicitly states that the Frosts are weak to higher forms of fire while the below AZ feat states that air around the Frost's claws is below AZ.

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "The cold honed claws are none other than an ice blade. The air around the blades is below absolute zero temperature and the victims who are slashed will die without feeling any pain."

Based off these descriptions we can gather:

1.The Frosts themselves are extremely resistent to even volcanic fire.

2.Infrit has powerful enough flames to counter the Frosts resistance.

3.Only the Frost's claws are below AZ.

4.Just because Ifrit can damage Frosts doesn't mean it can burn or counter the absolute zero temperature claws.

Regardless if you believe the feat is legit or not, these descriptions doesn't debunk anything or counter the proof of below AZ.

Feats >>> Statements. I don't care that the Frosts are stated to be absolute Zero, without actual proof that they can reach said temperatures then they can't be assumed to be Absolute Zero, Rukia from Bleach is a perfect example of how our standards for Absolute Zero works. She's given a direct statement of the temperature she can drop her ice too and is stated to make molecules and atoms come to a halt. Iirc Saint Seiya also has a similar case where it's given a outright temperature to prove its AZ. Now let me address the following points.

Based off these descriptions we can gather:

1.The Frosts themselves are extremely resistent to even volcanic fire.

Yes and? That doesn't mean it's Absolute Zero, Akainu and Natsu Dragneel both have Magma and fire that's hotter than the surface of the sun and both have fought against ice users. That doesn't make the ice users AZ so that's a moot point. Not to mention Volcanic Fire isn't even that hot so it's not an impressive feat. At best it would be around 2200F.

2.Infrit has powerful enough flames to counter the Frosts resistance.

Again this is a moot point. Having flames countering ice doesn't make said ice AZ. you'll need more proof than that to claim its AZ.

3.Only the Frost's claws are below AZ.

Below Absolute Zero is absolutely impossible, not sure what you mean by that.

4.Just because Ifrit can damage Frosts doesn't mean it can burn or counter the absolute zero temperature claws.

If it can burn or melt the frosts then yes it would need to also melt the claws unless the only part on them that doesn't melt are the claws. This doesn't make much sense. Anyway, you need to provide actual proof of this being Absolute Zero, such as bodies crumbling and turning into mist, molecules and atoms stopping or a direct statement of the actual temperature. Just saying, with any other series we'd deny AZ for characters with a reason like this so I don't see why Devil May Cry should get a free pass.

@Rin The Dragon Empress

When have I ever said I agreed to the feat being Absolute zero or even try to argue for it being AZ in this thread?The point is using the descriptions out of context to try to debunk absolute zero was wrong and I was simply proving why it's ridiculous to think that the descriptions somehow counter AZ, regardless if you accept it or not the descriptions doesn't prove that it's not absolute zero and that taking them out of context is just being willfully ignorant.You just said nothing I don't already know.

I'm not taking anything out of context, I'm going off of the descriptions you gave me. I.E the descriptions of the AZ and how they don't match our criteria for true AZ. I fail to see how that's being willfully ignorant. You can keep saying that the descriptions don't prove that it's not AZ by that doesn't help the argument of it being AZ whenever there's no proof of it being that cold. I could just as easily say that they don't prove that it's AZ, which it isn't.

@Rin The Drago Empress

You're not getting what I'm saying.

People above you were using "Frosts can be hurt by infrit which is just hotter than a volcano meaning that it can't be absolute zero" or something similar to that as a reason to deny Frost's AZ.

I said no, that isn't what the descriptions are implying at all and proved why that isn't a proper reason to deny AZ.

I don't care about this sites rules regarding AZ or the games showing's of Frost's because I'm not arguing against it.The proper reasons to deny Frosts AZ is saying "the in game showings doesn't line up with our rules regarding AZ" and I can agree with that but don't go on saying things like "Frosts can be hurt by infrit which is just hotter than volcano meaning that they can't be absolute zero" because that simply isn't true and is ignoring context of the description.

Subzero from MK has AZ in his profile cuz its stated he reached temperatures below that,dragon ball super has a character that was stated its ice is AZ,saint seiya i remember can reach tempwratures below AZ by a lot, but DMC saying the frosts have AZ is denied for what reasons?

Also absolute zero can be countered,there is something called plank temperature,the hottest temperature you can get,opposite of absolute zero

The quotes dont contradict anything,they say volcanic fire doesnt do anything to them,but something way hotter can counter that,which in this case is the hottest temperature i mentioned

Hellfire and plank temperatures aren't the same. That's the first thing that's wrong with your argument. And whenever was it ever stated that plank temperatures can counter absolute Zero? As far as I'm aware our knowledge on Plank Temperatures are extremely limited. Subzero from Mortal Kombat has a lot more going for him than Frosts in DMC, as we see actual visuals of him being able to make his opponents extremely brittle and turning them into mist. As for DBS, I'm not sure why they have Absolute Zero but I certainly don't agree with it, however two wrongs don't make a right. As for Saint Seiya that should be legit but I'll let Matthew explain that since he's knowledgeable about Saint Seiya. The reason why it's getting denied in DMC is because there isn't sufficient proof to assume that it's true AZ whenever they don't meet the criteria for AZ. It's literally going by one statement that's extremely iffy due to its nature. Volcanic Fire isn't impressive in the slightest, again I'm not gonna give Kuzan from One Piece AZ for being able to fight Akainu who's magma is hotter than the surface of the sun. It's a non argument and a moot point. And you quite literally have no proof of Ifrits Fire being as hot as plank temperatures, that's wank to be frank.

I don't really have time to read the whole discussion right now to determine if this is legit AZ or not, but i'd like to point out that the fact that something can be heated up in no way disproves that said object was initially absolute zero.

It doesn't prove that it was AZ either, it's just irrelevant

BlackDarkness679 said:
You cant counter the coldest temperature with anything besides the hottest temperature,its logical

And that works by multiple heavy assumptions from you, which are wank with all due respect. All you're going by is "Hey its hellfire so it's probably hot as plank temperatures."

Absolute zero objects can be heated up by literally any temperature above absolute zero.

The fact that heat is transferred from hotter objects to colder objects until their temperature is the same is pretty much the basis of thermodynamic

Hellfire doesnt exist in real life for your info,cuz such fire comes from Hell,which is supernatural,who knows how hot hellfire can be

Indeed, who knows.

Why you assume the planck temperature of all possible choices?

Also no to the one for subzero,nothing else visually shows for him he has AZ besides a guide that says that and its from a spin off game of him that i dont think it was canon either if i remember

Both fatalities and story he just freezes people enough to shatter them after or encases them in ice,nothing to support visually

No different then DMC stating AZ

BlackDarkness679 said:
Hellfire doesnt exist in real life for your info,cuz such fire comes from Hell,which is supernatural,who knows how hot hellfire can be

... I'm aware obviously. You said it was the plank temperature which is a heavy assumption.

I didnt say its plank temp, nowhere i said the weapon can make fire that hot, i said AZ can be countered, weekly said you cant counter it and that you cant reach colder then AZ, there are examples and proof of those being wrong

I thought that in the guide they explained that Frost can manipulate his own body molecularly and turning into mist?

Also you are no position to accuse me of wank, i didnt do that

And last time someone said that it came from people using head canons and opinions and ignoring info i was giving from the series in wuestion i was arguing, so keep the "wank" card accusation down

@Galens

Not guidebook, just the in-game description talking about a form of movement they can do

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "They can disperse their body at molecular levels that allow them to travel through air. However, they can only travel in straight directions. Anticipating where they will appear may help you in winning the battle."

Just saying, but ice colder than absolute zero is not that rare in fiction.

Also, pretty sure Plank Temperature is not the highest temperature, that would be absolute hot. (Still, there's no evidence that it's either of them, and even if it was, it would be a massive outliner)

Imagine missing the point so hard...

The problem isn't Absolute Zero being a thing in fiction, the problem is that a mere statement of "This is absolute zero" isn't going to be accepted as legit.

Idk if that's directed to me or not, but if it is, i was responding to Weekly, i myself disagree with AZ ice DMC.

If it's not, then shit, i blame my lack of sleep.

Then other verses need that removed,cuz they have just statements for their AZ,once again this is is favoritism towards others but DMC

I'd hate to randomly interuppt the current discussion over the AZ feat (which I'm personally neutral towards currently, mind you) but there was one specifc ability for DMC5 Dante that I was somewhat... dubious? about (not sure if that's the right word). Specifically, his Danmaku. I'm pretty sure that ability would be in reference to his SDT attack "The Luce". The only real problem I have with it is that it is definitely less of a danmaku attack then, say, something you'd find in a bullet hell game. Is there a specific definition for how many projectiles need to be involved in the attack for it to be considered danmaku?

Back