• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Revisions: "Why won't you give me strength?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
Am I not worth it?

Okay, so here's my take on the tiers of Sid, Sanctus, The Savior & DMC4 Nero.

The Savior & Sanctus Diabolica should scale from Sid's 7-A feat due to the fact that Sanctus had a fully awakened Devil Sword Sparda in his possession, and that Sparda is superior to Abigail. Obviously, Nero would scale, since he defeats Sanctus in the game.

It's also worth mentioning that their power source is now 3-A, so I guess they should be given "At least 7-A, likely far higher".

I agree with this

Basically, we can say for sure that Sanctus is stronger than Sid, since:

Sanctus >>>>>> Sid

Sparda >> Abigail

Since Sanctus had the Devil Sword Sparda, it makes sense

So I think Nero and Sanctus should scale to Sid, however, I don't think we need a "Likely far higher"

There is a very similar situation in 2 to this where Arius was possessed by Argosax, who is 3-A. So, Arius-Argosax and Lucia should also scale.

Dark649 said:
There is a very similar situation in 2 to this where Arius was possessed by Argosax, who is 3-A. So, Arius-Argosax and Lucia should also scale.
That'a good point, I guess. We should probably implement that as well.

I'll make the changes (including the one Dark proposed) if nobody is gonna say anything against it.

I'd also like to point out that Modeus, who was easily killed by Anime Dante was enthrusted with the power and will of Sparda's, Sparda was 3-A.

I'm not sure amped Arius was certainly 3-A, so I think he and Lucia should get the "At least 7-A, likely far higher" bit as well, assuming the fissure he created or any connection to that eclipse don't change things. I'm rusty on the anime.

Do we have any hard evidence that Sanctus > Sid Abigail, or that Modeus was comparable with 3-A Sparda? If consistency is an issue, we could take conservative interpretations of how powerful these guys are/how much of their power source they attained within occasionally incomplete rituals. Although there's enough scaling and collaborative lore so that consistency isn't an issue even if we highball. Still, I think "At least 7-A, likely far higher"is probably the best option for DMC3, DMC4, and anime characters. I might be forgetting exceptions or details, I'm kinda busy atm.

Modeus is not comparable to Sparda while Sanctus > Sid Abigail is due Sanctus having a better powersource.

No, the only characters that gets at least 7-A, likely far higher is because they were empowered by a 3-A character.

Sid was empowered with the energy of the original Abigail, who was 3-A. Was defeated by Dante.

Arius was possessed by Argosax as Arius-Argosax, Argosax was 3-A. Lucia slayed Arius-Argosax.

Sanctus was draining power from Sparda, who was 3-A. Nero defeated him.

Modeus was enthrusted by the power and will of Sparda [this was Sparda before he fought Mundus], who was 3-A. Dante effortlessly killed him.

Arkham cannot scale to all the above listed since his transformation was a failed one.

The assumption comes from Sanctus wielding a fully awakened Devil Sword Sparda, and Sparda is superior to Mundus, who Abigail is said to rival in the past.

DMC3 characters don't scale because Dante and Vergil defeat Arkham who only wielded Force Edge, which is basically Sparda in its dormant state.

Tony di bugalu said:
I don't agree with them scaling to 3-A just because someone in the past was 3-A and now this guys have a fraction of their power.
We are not planning to scale them to 3-A, just at least 7-A, likely far higher.

Ah, right, Arkham got the Force Edge, not the Sparda Sword, my bad. Keep him where he was before.

I'm still unsure about Sanctus, Sid, and Arius getting full power from their respective sources, but since consistency isn't a big issue due to pretty much every story having someone directly stated to scale/derive power from a top tier, I don't mind "At least 7-A, likely far higher" to whomever you guys agree should get it. Consistent but a bit on the conservative side, just to be safe.

But we dont have any proof to say that Arius-Argosax is comparable to Sid with Abi's powers.

Same case with the saviour...well, he could be said to be comparable, he had the blood of sparda, a core fully functional and the sword.

I say Arius-Argosax should at the very least scale to Trish/griffon

@Tony -- The "likely far higher" is to account for Arius absorbing an indeterminable amount of power from the 3-A Agrosax, and Saviour absorbing an indeterminable amount of power from the 3-A Sparda Sword, iirc. We're taking the conservative route of not even making them 3-A, just accounting for the possibility on the pages.

Only Baul and Modeus are left, but i found something strange:

Baul and his brother, Modeus, were mentored and trained by the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda. Modeus gave up swordsmanship for his brother, Baul, and Sparda left his power and will in the hands of Modeus. Baul vowed to harness Sparda's power and become stronger than his master, the Legendary Dark Knight. Both brothers became demon lords under Sparda's tutelage. They trained together with Sparda until the time that he rebelled against Mundus and left for the Human World; he commanded them to wait, but he never returned.

This says that Sparda trained both and gave little of his power to Baul while his true power and will [i don't think literally all of it] to Modeus, then they undergo another training with them until Sparda went to fight against Mundus.

So, it basically says that Sparda weakened himself by giving power to his students [mainly Modeus] then returned stronger by training again with them and then defeated Mundus.

For the brothers, they got easily killed by Dante. So, Baul will be at least 7-B, likely higher while far higher for Modeus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back