• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Downgrade #2: Hax Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said he was scared, it's just not the "mind hax" effect of the demon world as that gives despair, not hallucinations.

Never said he was scared, it's just not the "mind hax" effect of the demon world as that gives despair, not hallucinations.
technically no, the demon worlds hax were stated to able to warp the minds of men, that could give anything really, which why the resistance is in place. dante was affected by some sort of mind hax / madness manip and disease manip in vol 1, which proves that he's affected by the demon worlds energy, that same energy was stated to be able to warp minds. thus thats why dante resists.

kinda doesnt matter though? because nothing says that dante wasnt fear haxed at that point, actually the novel implies that he was.
to clarify dante got affected by the same crap that his friend was affected by & despair and madness manip were among them. although dante was not affected to the same degree.

Last edited:
Idk about the first two because I have been away for a while, I'll wait for someone to summarize the points.

and i'm arguing for the demon worlds energy actually affecting demons.

IIRC the demons in Vol 2 marched towards Mundus in their "human forms" and they weren't forcibly put into their demonic forms, dunno if that helps, works or whatever

Dante killed Sid with one shot from Ebony and Ivory in the second fight and the fight did last less than one minute

So, i fall to see the problem with the regen negation for Dante

It was an arguement against the "fight lasted 1 minute". The duration wasn't the issue, the fact that he got clapped so hard he went back to base is.

A 1 minute fight that was so heavy on him he got clapped away from his demon form.

And i love how i just know the next argument is gonna be "well it happened in base" like that is my argument.

To explain in a bit more detail, that was after a fight, the duration does not matter when he clearly got clapped mad hard. It's not how long the fight is, it's how much he has to suffer in that fight, and losing all of Abigail's power from being clapped so hard ain't exactly "oh it is just a 1 minute fight". Hell the fight from normal Dante vs Vergil to Dante getting stabbed and falling to the ground from the damage lasts less than 1 minute, and the feats happen in base who who cares right?

Duration of the fight isn't a factor in how much it takes to tax their regen.
Base or demon form is used to show that that fight was heavy on him, it wasn't drinking tea for 1 minute.

A 1 minute fight that was so heavy on him he got clapped away from his demon form.

This is relevant how exactly?

And i love how i just know the next argument is gonna be "well it happened in base" like that is my argument.

Your argument this entire time was that he was back in base and Dante killed him, that's why we are pointing that out.

To explain in a bit more detail, that was after a fight, the duration does not matter when he clearly got clapped mad hard. It's not how long the fight is, it's how much he has to suffer in that fight, and losing all of Abigail's power from being clapped so hard ain't exactly "oh it is just a 1 minute fight".

Idk if you watched the Anime but Sid suffered way more damage in the previous encounter and he did the thing.

Heck, he didn't show any sing of having lost that power besides being in base form and Dante even tells him that no matter the power he is fodder.

Hell the fight from normal Dante vs Vergil to Dante getting stabbed and falling to the ground from the damage lasts less than 1 minute, and the feats happen in base who who cares right?

Ah, you mean the fight where there are 0 injuries in Dante's body. That's irrelevant because 1) there is no damage when he gets back up and 2) this is about Sid, not them.

Duration of the fight isn't a factor in how much it takes to tax their regen.
Base or demon form is used to show that that fight was heavy on him, it wasn't drinking tea for 1 minute.

And how is that proof of having his regen taxed again?

Your argument this entire time was that he was back in base and Dante killed him, that's why we are pointing that out.
Literally when? It's not "regen doesn't work in base", it's "the fight was so hard on him he couldn't even keep the demon form anymore".
Idk if you watched the Anime but Sid suffered way more damage in the previous encounter and he did the thing.
I've gone over this, the damage taken isn't always consistent and honestly it's kinda stupid to assume the author is always thinking of how many hits someone took before saying "well he can't keep this up forever".
Heck, he didn't show any sing of having lost that power besides being in base form and Dante even tells him that no matter the power he is fodder.
He clearly loses that power, otherwise why is he in base?
Ah, you mean the fight where there are 0 injuries in Dante's body. That's irrelevant because 1) there is no damage when he gets back up and 2) this is about Sid, not them.
I debunked it earlier, dante clearly bleeds from these "0 injuries", try again.

The "this is about sid" is such a bad argument to try and get out of this. This isn't about sid, this is about regen, and proving that "a fight didn't last long therefore he can't have his regen taxed".
And how is that proof of having his regen taxed again?
It's not proof, it's just an example of why "your arguments" are pretty bad with the "it's just 1 minute". Do you read ANYTHING between the lines my man? Do i have to explain what i mean with everything?

Literally when? It's not "regen doesn't work in base", it's "the fight was so hard on him he couldn't even keep the demon form anymore".
The fight was one hit saying that he did lost his power is pure headcanon
I've gone over this, the damage taken isn't always consistent and honestly it's kinda stupid to assume the author is always thinking of how many hits someone took before saying "well he can't keep this up forever".
We already showed to you that hey regen don't get taxed many times and you get ignoring , so not gonna waste my time

He clearly loses that power, otherwise why is he in base?
Prove it they never state that Sid losed Abigail's powers
I debunked it earlier, dante clearly bleeds from these "0 injuries", try again.
You din't and we are already showed to you mani times that they regen don't get taxed. Even Vergil after fighting Dante has able to fight Mundus and still keep going
The "this is about sid" is such a bad argument to try and get out of this. This isn't about sid, this is about regen, and proving that "a fight didn't last long therefore he can't have his regen taxed".
Already debunked many times in this thread by me and the others

I didn't, i just explained them like 10 times and gave my scans which other ppl agreed with. The fault is in your court pal.

okay even if their regen does get slower, how is that preventing sid from regening a shot to the head? their regen doesnt get weaker I.E mid to low-mid or something like that, sid returned to his base which where he did the regen feat, if dante didnt have negation he should've regened but he didnt. also the fight lasts 30 seconds, saying he magically lost all his power after it is pure head canon.

Hits during slowed regen....let's just say they hurt. The whole point of vergil vs dante fights. And them saying they're gonna end each-other.

Hits during slowed regen....let's just say they hurt. The whole point of vergil vs dante fights. And them saying they're gonna end each-other.
those statements shouldnt be taken seriously, they say they were gonna end it yet they never do, did you see the ending to 5SE? they said they were gonna kill each other there, but they didnt. idk if that ending was supposed to be "what would've happened if nero didnt show up" but still in these cases they never do get killed when they say shit like that.
also where did you did get that from? regen being slowed doesnt even have proper evidence as it is let alone that they get hurt during that slowed regen.
also :
Demons don't die because of something they can regenerate. Your argument is like saying if you leave your sword in Dante's heart he cannot regenerate. Which we know ain't true.

also still didnt explain how sid lost all his power in his base form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back