• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between Suna and Konoha using the 3 days statement

I think the reason nobody has engaged TFO's wall of text is simply that a more objective approach to the problem was given and delineated with my smaller wall; the issues therein were not engaged, damage's calc is still superior, it is still provably wank to presume a constant speed with such timeframes with no supporting evidence while dismissing all contrary points simply to bruteforce an obviously-desired larger number for further upgrade purposes.

Fewer presumptions results in more accuracy, therefore the suggestions made in this thread besides the train idea or damage's calc are less desirable if we care for being fair.

Assuming rest leads to more assumptions when it's shown that they don't need that much like damage is saying.

Not engaging in TFOs argument is basically like saying you're not reading it.

Can I ask what's up with the superhuman walking speed and the little amount of rest? I'm aware that these characters are ninja and shit however I believe the standard is 8 hours of rest and the average human adult walking speed, as seen with Bleach and its calculations for sizes of areas via walking, its the same deal however they use 8 hours of rest and normal human walking speed. You know, despite these characters being way above than any human we still use average human adult walking speed.

Not in the panels where we literally see them moving faster

Also the Naruto characters are shown not needing that much rest in the first place so actually it's wrong

@The Prince of Counters; the group are shown hurrying for their journey which is why I opted to use different ends involving running speed & superhuman speed.

But I do think that 16 hours total rest across 60 hours of travelling is fair.

Damage3245 said:
@The Prince of Counters; the group are shown hurrying for their journey which is why I opted to use different ends involving running speed & superhuman speed.

But I do think that 16 hours total rest across 60 hours of travelling is fair.
It also helps that direct author statements support this notion (That they can travel fast and long enough that cars are unnecessary).

Your Mid and high ends are fine.

I know what calcs they want to use it for and personally, I think anything above your high end would definitely make it iffy and I'm not even fully with that high end either as the mid end is fine too but these words never came from me. It's really not that big a deal and being conservative allows for greater accuracy in the end results.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Imma unsubscribe.

@TFO; regarding one of your points on there, you do realize I'm not assuming 8 hours of sleep per day in my calc?

The Causality said:
I'am 100% sure that 29.000 Kilometers is an outlier. so if this end is accepted, it still couldn't be used.
Trying to use this to inflate other calcs (which I'm 99% sure is the core reason behind this in the first place) would most likely be calc stacking too.

"Distance from Konoha to Suna is...

• High-End: 29,635.2 km"

"As a result, the latest measurements indicate that the Earth has an equatorial diameter of 12,756 km (7926 mi), and a polar diameter of 12713.6 km (7899.86 mi)."

Lmao

Callsign Castle said:
"Distance from Konoha to Suna is...*High-End: 29,635.2 km"

"As a result, the latest measurements indicate that the Earth has an equatorial diameter of 12,756 km (7926 mi), and a polar diameter of 12713.6 km (7899.86 mi)."

Lmao
Why you gotta do me dirty like that?

U don't really think the distance is 29,000km right? I mean like besides Ninja's how do normal average people cross that distance? How fast are those trains and hawks?

I'm not being offensive.

if you legitimately believe that the villages are 2x+ distance of earths diameter then you're wanking. Like this is flat earth level of stupid.

How do you expect normal people to travel that distance at walking speed. Do they not have tourists visit? lol do they arrive and leave for the chuunin exams every 3 months without stopping? Oh wait, they can't even do that. assuming they walk at your average pace of 5 km/hr for 12 hrs a day gets you 60 kilometres a day. So any poor citizen who would dare take this massive undertaking would require.. 493 days to travel on foot.

on the plus side, it would only take 154 days if they had a horse carriage, so there you go. They nearly have a infinite loop of leaving and attending the chuunin exams. since there is 2 a year, 3 months there and back, 90 days.. oof. Just short there.

Guys, no need to be so hostile. Anyway, I can agree that villages having greater distances than the Earth's circumference is super stretchy, but I don't think anyone's using that given the circumference of the earth is 40,075 km.

He was making an inside joke because verses he is active in (like Ergenverse) has planets that dwarf our solar system and view 20k kilometers as a small distance.

But yeah, that's definitely not Naruto.

5000 kilometers still seems extremely high.

And aren't Rakudai guys being refused a calc because using speeds from other feats and statements is calc stacking regardless of the latter having a calc or not?

Ok. I agree much more with the idea of DDM. The train strikes me as a much better idea, or minimally, the average superhuman speed (aka Damage's High End).

But to hear something like "distance between villages being 2x Earth's size" when the guys' favorite verse literally has a calculated distance of around 10 billion meters, which would be around 26x greater than the Moon-Earth distance and say something like "common sense".

MostPowerfull said:
Ok. I agree much more with the idea of DDM. The train strikes me as a much better idea, or minimally, the average superhuman speed (aka Damage's High End).
But to hear something like "distance between villages being 2x Earth's size" when the guys' favorite verse literally has a calculated distance of around 10 billion meters, which would be around 26x greater than the Moon-Earth distance and say something like "common sense".
DDM accepted my Low End.

TheFinalOrder said:
MostPowerfull said:
DDM accepted my Low End.
Ok. Your LE is fine too.

MostPowerfull said:
Pretty sure it's stated to have this size, it not rely on calcs.

Back