• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disembodied Thought

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Shouldn't be High 3-A. Only 3-A.

Endlessly climbing up in power and growing in size without limit doesn't mean you actually hit infinity. The very fact that it never has to stop is representative of this. It's like it's climbing a ladder that never ends. It may rise infinitely, but it never reaches and encompasses 3-dimensional infinity, which would be the ladder, as it contains these endless rungs that Disembodied Thought never stops ascending. It's the same reason why the Magi Gods are only 1-B and not High 1-B even though there's an infinite hierarchy, just on a smaller scale.

Pretty sure that'd be higher than High 3-A then

Well, if that's the case, it'd also make sense, I can only really work with what I see/hear about

Can you link some scans really fast? It'd help out a good bit, I think.

If he sees the previous universe as lower dimensional, and he can keep ascending endlessly, then shouldn't he be 1-B at his peak? Since he can keep becoming higher dimensional?

You said he lowered his dimensionality in the scan:

"Sorry, i meant 1-D, you ascend from a 3-D object (In the video it is a group of Star Superclusters) to a 1-D Planck Length. "

Lowering your dimensionality to 1-D isn't proof you can do the reverse (increase it to 4-D and beyond)

He ascends from a group of 3-D Star Superclusters to a 1-D Planck Length, he ascends to the point that the previous 3-D objects are now 1-D to him

@Prom:

While I agree with this logic & support this revision (except if he really enters a new dimension every time)

That same day these magi god's should be high 1-b since an infitieth dimension already exists.

What I am not sure about is if we really talk about the universe only being in a 1-D string here or if ascending at that point just loops you back to the lowest level. (and descending at the lowest point loops you back to the highest level)

The game has some narrative right? Does that tell you anything about what is going on?

If the verse is based on string theory, it isn't 1-B worthy.

The other 7 dimensions of string theory are infinitesimal

Hmm? Oh no I agree with it being 1-B, I tried to bring it up before but it was never properly looked at

Without any evidence to back up the upgrade other than word of mouth and the discussion was never finished

Now there is actual evidence

I'm inclined to disagree for the same reasons that Azzy brought up in that thread, which stand up even with scans.

How so? Its very clearly ascending to a higher plane by treating the former plane as lower dimensional.

It being a loop. Supported by Golden Gate being in the same location each time.

The Golden Gate isnt in the same location each time though, its a major point of the gameplay that you need to go back to the very beginning after ascending/descending so much in order to find the Gate

And even if it was in the same place wouldnt that just mean the Golden Gate is 1-B? Not that its just a loop for no reason when dimensional ascension and descension are exremely blatant in the game.

Monarch Laciel said:
So why would it become flat 1-B? Doesn't it still have the variable tier based on what it possessed?
Because it can ascend and descend forever, always becoming lower or higher dimensional relative to the last thing it was possessing (ie. becoming 1-D by ascending from a formerly 3-D object and vice versa)

Monarch Laciel said:
So why would it become flat 1-B? Doesn't it still have the variable tier based on what it possessed?
Not claiming heads or tails but even if this passed, this right here makes sense. /\

Because it can ascend and descend forever, always becoming lower or higher dimensional relative to the last thing it was possessing (ie. becoming 1-D by ascending from a formerly 3-D object and vice versa). Its not actually becoming 1-D/2-D/3-D in reality, only what is perceived as 1-2-3-D as we dont really know how to perceive past 3-D, with going from 3-D to 1-D being an ascension to a higher dimension.

@Monarch There is no minimum spatial dimension it can descend to, it can just keep going forever.

Now that i think about it wouldnt that actually justify High 1-B...?

If it becomes Planck Length/goes 1-D at some point for example.

Unless you claim that even at its 1-D state, the tier is still 1-B, it would have a variable tier tho.

Back