• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dino Megazord and its Zords Speed Revision

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
The speed of the Dino Megazord is called:

Massively FTL+ (Should be comparable to the Zords that flew to the furthest galaxy in hours)

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/source-wall-shit-power-rangers.24762/

The above link uses Season 2 Ep 27 The Power Transfer Part 1 as the source.

I believe that there is a misunderstanding of the situation.

First off, the Rangers don't literally fly there. They are teleported. They literally teleport to and from the planet.

5:20 "Alpha will teleport you there."

There is also no dialogue indicating that the Zords were flying/teleporting there along with them.

7:30 Zedd, however, is shown piloting Serpentera there.

Since Zed hasn't ever shown Serpentera teleporting, Serpentera likely flew there MFTL.

When Jason calls for the Thunderzords, they just appear in the sky pretty much instantly.

12:00 Jason makes the call, and the Zords arrive.

One could say that the Zords really flew that fast from Earth, but watch when Jason calls Tor the Carrier Zord.

14:40 Jason calls for Tor. Next, Tor literally pops into the scene in an instant, likely due to teleportation.

Unless Tor was lagging behind the other Zords, then he instantly teleported there.

The scene with Tor should be the same case with the Thunder Zords.

Therefore, since the Zords used teleportation and not flying, it really shouldn't count as a speed feat.

If I made any errors or if you have a counter argument, please feel free to reply.

Are there any other speed feats for the Zords besides what's given with the Megazord toy?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Power_Rangers_In_Space:_Andros_vs_Mooks

I think this feat should be isolated to In Space, Galaxy, Zeo, and (sigh) Turbo since the Dino and Thunderzords weren't specifically built for space travel. The Zordon era of PR is a story of progression where the threats and powers get stronger over time. They teleported Zords to other planets in MMPR for a reason.

I'm not sure if that shootout is a question of relativity. Both the enemy ships and Andros on the Galaxy Glider are traveling at MFTL speeds. Any interaction between the two sides would seem like a battle on the still ground. The ships would then shoot lasers/energy at Andros, and Andros would block them. It would be like having a gun fight during a car chase with both people on top of the cars.

If I made any errors or if you have a counter argument, please feel free to reply.

In terms of speed, the Zyuranger versions (which are seven pieces of a dinosaur god) do list the speeds of the components.

• Dino Megazord Tank Mode: 300 km/h (Subsonic)
    • Tyrannosaurus: 120 km/h or 75 Mph (Superhuman)
    • Mastodon: 120 km/h or 75 Mph (Superhuman)
    • Triceratops: 140 km/h or 86 Mph (Subsonic)
    • Sabertoothed Tiger: 150 km/h or 93 Mph (Subsonic)
    • Pteradactyl: Mach 2.5 (Supersonic+)
  • Dragonzord: 140 km/h or 86 Mph (Subsonic)
  • Titanus/Ultrazord: 150 km/h or 93 Mph (Subsonic)
The Dairanger versions of the Thunderzords also have their speed listed.

• Thunder Megazord: 150 km/h or 93 Mph (Subsonic), Mach 1.4 in flight mode (Supersonic)
    • Red Dragon: Mach 3 in Dragon Mode (Supersonic+)
    • Lion Thunderzord: Mach 0.87 (Subsonic+)
    • Pegasus Thunderzord: Mach 0.9 (Transonic)
    • Griffith Thunderzord: Mach 0.95 (Transonic)
    • Phoenix Thunderzord: Mach 4 (Supersonic+)
  • White Tigerzord: 185 km/h or 51 m/s in Tiger mode (Subsonic)
  • Tor the Shuttlezord: 80 km/h or 22 m/s (Superhuman)
Serpenterra is a different case as its Japanese version is a cosmic being rather than a robot, its speed listed is Mach 30 (High Hypersonic). But the MFTL can be considered a powerscale, like how Kyoryuger's Gabutyra (Dinocharge's T-Rex Zord) moves at 350 km/h (Subsonic) yet leaps to Tokyo all the way from an island in the south Pacific.

Megazords should still be faster than any Zordon-era rangers but I agree we shouldn't use the calc anymore. Plus, theirs another MFTL+ feat in Turbo.

Darkanine: Actually, the Megazords' speed would normally be equal to those of Godzilla Kaiju (Being guys in costume or models pre-PRWF/Gaoranger.)

But there are exceptions to the rule like the Turbo Megazord (RV Robo)'s speed feat when using its finishing move or Gosei Great Megazord's Land Megazord mode (Landick Gosei Great) catching up to the giant "speedster" Dragonflay (Hidou of the Swift). Land Megazord's speed is listed as 700 km/h or 194 m/s (Subsonic+), but is clearly power-scaled due to Dragonflay's speed.

Each team has a different source of powers. Why they didn't keep the Zeo powers, the ones that continue to grow overtime. I'll never know. Each Zord in the zordon era should be more powerful than the last with the original Dinozords being the weakest.

Is there a calculation page for the Turbo Zords flying off in the Turbo movie?

Firestorm808: The case is more so in the Japanese version, so Saban realized it was best to change the vanguard on a yearly basis to use the footage to its full potential. Most of the time, the nature of the giant robots or Zords is different depending on the story context.

• Daizyujin/Megazord: As a dinosaur god, he is powered by both the continued existence of dinosaurs and natural energies. In the case of the latter, the majority of that energy originates from the sun and a solar eclipse can weaken him.
  • Dairenoh/Thunder Megazord: Combination of mythological enities.
  • Muteki Shogun/Shogun Megazord: Like his comrades Kakure Daishogun and Tsubasamaru (Ninja Megazord and Falconzord), he was a transcended ninja monk.
  • Ohranger Robo/Zeo Megazord: Developed by a paramilitary organization based on a power source used by an Pangean civilization.
  • RV Robo/Turbo Megazord: Components created by space magic using the energies of constellations. As the original show was a comedy, it has its hax moments.
  • Galaxy Mega/Astro Megazord: Earth-based super technology
  • Gingaioh/Galaxy Megazord: Similar in both versions.
  • Victory Robo/Lightspeed Megazord: Earth-based technology that uses positive energy to neutralize opponents composed of negative energy.
  • Timeranger Robo/Time Force Megazord: Same in both versions.
  • Gao King/Wild Force Megazord: Same in both versions.
  • Senpujin/Storm Megazord: Same in both versions.
  • Abarenoh/Thundersaurus Megazord: Components are dinosaurs from an alternate dimension.
  • Dekaranger Robo/Delta Squad Megazord: Same in both versions.
  • Magi King/Titan Megazord: Same in both versions, consider hax as a magic user.
  • DaiBouken/DriveMax Megazord: Earth-based super tech developed from the manuscripts of a Da-Vinci type genius.
  • Gekitohja/Jungle Pride Megazord: Components are heroes' Chi manifest ala "Stands".
  • Engine-Oh/High Octane Megazord: Components are sentient mecha from an alternate dimension, able to exist on Earth in their full glory for ten minutes.
  • Shinkenoh/Samurai Megazord: Same in both versions.
  • Gosei Great/Gosei Great Megazord: Similar in both versions.
  • Gokaioh/Legendary Megazord: Alien tech, uses the powers of previous Megazords.
  • Go-Buster King: Earth-based super tech, also the first Japanese show to use "Megazord" term for both friendly and enemy giant robots.
  • Kyoryuzin/Dino Charge Megazord: Components are dinosaurs evolved by Brave energy which is natural energy that amasses near Earth's Core under Japan.
  • ToQ-Oh: Formed from a five-car train, hax due to the pilots' power of imagination.
  • Shurikenjin/Ninja Steel Megazord: Earth-based super tech reverse engineered from alien tech.
  • Zyuoh King: Composed of animal-themed cubes from an alternate dimension.
  • Kyurenoh: Composed of a lion-space fighter and four other mecha that are powered by constellations.

Let's start at the beginning with the Dino Zords. The theme of the season is basically magic vs science. We see the individual Zords travel from their respective hiding places. They fight the monster with punches and swords swings. The Tyrannosaurus Zord and the Dragonzord fight each other pretty evenly in the last Green With Evil. There isn't much deviation of plot compared to the original Sentai. In my opinion, I would put them as similar to their Sentai counterparts.

I would say that Megaranger and In Space is the largest deviation from the original Sentai. Moving from the digital world to Outer Space.

Firestorm808: Actually, it's "Gingaman" not Gingaranger.

There are differences between MMPR season 1 and Zyuranger like editing certain things that are religious (like pentagram barriers or the Dino Zords' nature) or deemed to be too disturbing for children in 90s.

This comes from the main agenda of Witch Bandora (Rita Repulsa) to carry the stereotypical goal of an evil witch: Murder children. From her logic, killing the next generation is the best way to kill humanity.

Plus, Bandora is also a devil-worshiper, having captured 13 kids and fused them inside a ceremonial pillar to prematurely summon her master Dai Satan (Lokar) to Earth (conducting an earlier ritual that caused her eyes to bleed). The original episode is truly "Nightmare Fuel" for little kids due to the "John Carpenter's the Thing"-style transformation that Zombie Franke (Mutitus) undergoes when getting a power boost.

Dai Satan's debut (Satan Franke sequence starts in 2:10) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8aQvOBzywQ

Why has this thread suddenly devolved into Super Sentai stuff?

Also, Fractyl, those official rankings are absolutely absurdly inaccurate. Don't use them.

Well. I think we can at least give the Zords MFTL+ Combat Speed, given Lord Zedd was able to briefly fight Andros in the first episode of In Space, thus should scale to Tommy and other Rangers.

As Ever stated, the official ratings lack validity when compared to showings.

In addition, the plots of Super Sentai and Power Rangers differ drastically, so we can't cross-scale them at all.

Focus on Power Rangers on this thread.

I'm willing to settle with MFTL+ Combat Speed for the original Dinozords.

The White Tigerzord is able to mimic Tommy's movement in real time, so that's probably a good scale on that part.

@Firestorm

TheEverlasting and Darkanine are more knowledgeable than I when it comes to Power Rangers, so I'll leave the final call to them.

Cool. By the way, do you know which episode Rito Revolto dodged Zedd's lightning. I can't seem to find the source.

Back