• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensional Manipulation checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aseka needs more elaboration if they’re talking about just universes to control or actual dimensional planes they’re warping.

@Vasco ok he should qualify.

@ActuallySpaceMan42 Lu Zhuyu and Nicol can count, Lan Mu doesn’t seem to qualify as it’s just mentioning controlling the universe or timeline which won’t qualify for dimensional manipulation.
The magic gods can manipulate Every phase and dimension if this helps. They basically can manipulate and destroy the entire world at will

For Warhammer 40,000, most of the Warp based characters have higher dimensional for being able to impose dimensionality upon themselves in the Warp. The whole cosmology for 40k is all on this blog but to sum up what's probably most important here as it pertains to the Warp:
  • "‘Give me your hypothesis, Forgemaster,’ said Helbrecht. ‘I do not believe the cythor are entirely of our realm of existence, my liege,’ said the Forgemaster. [Jurisian] ‘This stinks of warpcraft,’ growled Gulvein. ‘This is not the work of the warp. The geometries of the warp defy explanation of any kind. If anything, these dimensions here exhibit a greater complexity. Many of us have noticed the inconstancy of the rooms here, the lack of match between exterior and interior.’ ‘Aye,’ said Helbrecht. ‘I have seen it for myself’. Jurisian nodded, the movement accompanied by the faint whirr of muscle bundles. ‘Though complex, the dimensions of this place are explicable. This whole habitat is an expression of higher dimensional physics’. ‘Explain,’ said Gulvein. ‘The universe we exhibit comprises four dimensions – height, width, depth and time. These creatures are, perhaps, natives of more’. ‘You speak of the warp,’ said Bayard. ‘I do not,’ said Jurisian. ‘The warp is separate, unto itself, another realm entirely. There are more dimensions than the four in our own field of existence. It is through these that entrance to the warp is affected, and how some of the greater mysteries of the Adeptus Mechanicus are realised, but these dimensions are not of the warp. They are as real and physical as the heft of your sword, or the roundness of your bolts’. ‘I do not understand,’ said Bayard. ‘Imagine, champion, that you lived in a world of three dimensions instead of our four,’ said Jurisian patiently. ‘Width, depth and time. You would have no concept at all of up or down, as there would be no height. It would appear perfectly normal to you. But that would not mean that height did not exist, only that you are incapable of perceiving it. So it is here’. ‘You speak in riddles. If such a place existed, I would be able to see it. I can see no flat world, and so it is not there!’ said Bayard. ‘I speak of the greatest mysteries of the temples of Mars. It is not given to you or even to me to understand them, but that does not mean they do not exist’. Helbrecht spoke. ‘You posit then a creature that exists as a physical being, not a witch or daemon born out of the warp?’. ‘Yes, my lord. These new forms of the cythor are as real as you or I, but possess further dimensionality to them that makes them difficult for us to perceive. Forgive me, my lord, but I am unable to elucidate further. This field of study is the preserve of the greatest of the magi of Mars. My only knowledge of it is practical – the application of these prayer-equations to the proper functioning of field generation and suchlike. I do not know sufficient incantations to reveal the secrets encoded within this man or this building'."
  • The Warp and Real Space are Mirrored (Scans on the blog)
Necrons who also had higher dimensional manip had it because of:
  • "The C'tan can be reactivated with the assistance of the master program, which it refuses to give. The devices cannot be destroyed with conventional explosives, as the Heretics soon realise that the crystalline obelisks and the central pillar do not fully exist in a physical sense. In fact, they are physical manifestations of the hibernation tesseract and exist in 20 dimensions at once" - Black Crusade: Hand of Corruption, pg 106
  • And the spaces inside tesseract vaults are consistently described as being extra-dimensional in nature

@Dread theres literally no contradictions in the lore and it’s because of the castle the navigators are split apart across dimensional planes, it’s in the first scan that explains this.

@Antvasima DontTalk literally approved of the revisions plus Everything12. Did you forget about that?

@Enter_Bluey the scan doesn’t imply anything on dimensional planes being warped, also destroying the entire world wouldn’t really count as dimensional manipulation.

@AbaddonTheDisappointment is the tesseract space something the gods are capable of warping? If so then I can see it qualify.

@Antvasima DontTalk literally approved of the revisions plus Everything12. Did you forget about that?

@Enter_Bluey the scan doesn’t imply anything on dimensional planes being warped, also destroying the entire world wouldn’t really count as dimensional manipulation.

@AbaddonTheDisappointment is the tesseract space something the gods are capable of warping? If so then I can see it qualify.
The tesseract spaces are separate from the whole Warp and Gods thing since the Necrons and other 40k profiles have different reasons for their HDE. However, no, the Necrons can't manipulate the spaces directly.

Is the stuff related to the Warp above the Necron/tesseract stuff good?

The other scans prior seems to be more evidence on higher dimensional existence given they talk about perceiving the higher planes of reality as opposed to stuff like warping the dimensional planes that exist.

Destroying the world was just part of it, not the point of what I meant. They can manipulate these dimensions as well. And Othinus speaks of dimensions, similarly to how whole number dimensions are brought up in the past which would assuredly be up to the 11th here. They have clear knowledge of these dimensions, such as the first and second mentioned with Carissa. With the scan I sent before, Othinus is telling Touma this because St. Germain is pretending to be a magic god at full power. Further showing that a magic god can manipulate said dimensions.

The scan you attached seems he attacked the dimensions, not rather manipulating it significantly.

The user in this scan. I failed to see any dimensional manipulation in any instance you have given.
The scan is to show how toaru treats the mention of said dimensions, which would be up to the 11th. Which is to prove basically prove dimensional planes. Othinus after this at a later point is calming touma, who thinks st. Germain is also bending the entire world because he is a "Magic god"

Eh, in my all honestly, the scan itself is rather spatial manipulation than dimensional manipulation. Apologies. If you give more context, I could help.
Also, bending the entire world won't qualify for dimensional manipulation.

@Enter_Bluey do you have any scans of these dimensions being warped? Because depending on the context it could qualify.
I'll see what I can find that may help it
Eh, in my all honestly, the scan itself is rather spatial dimension than dimensional manipulation. Apologies. If you give more context, I could help.
Also, bending the entire world won't qualify for dimensional manipulation.
Othinus says manipulating, touma says bending and hes straight up panicking. Othinus is more experienced from being the actual magic god and explains it to him

the scan doesn’t imply anything on dimensional planes being warped, also destroying the entire world wouldn’t really count as dimensional manipulation.
Dimension in Toaru are literal dimensional plane. It's apart from how they can destroy the world.

Yeah, searching for a while there are definitely mentions of things about Othinus being able to control everything in the world, a magic god being able to do what they want. Like manipulating or destroying layers of phases, these are apart of the 11D world. Including its dimensions

The initial scan I sent for controlling all dimensions kinda solidifies it. If some of the warping entire world scans help with it I have some

Depends on if they’re referring to dimensional planes that’s being warped or not.

Depends on if they’re referring to dimensional planes that’s being warped or not.
Well, they always referring it to dimensional planes. Like Teleporter which can go to eleventh dimension and Curtana which can cut through higher or lower dimension.

Oh yeah, talking about Teleporter, if they can go to eleventh dimension, and go back to third dimension. Does it qualify for Dimensional Manipulation? Also they described as ignoring limit of three dimensions.

These would most likely be referred to dimensional plains that exist. While it doesn't specifically say "manipulates you in the 5th dimension" or anything like that, magic gods can rearrange and manipulate anything in the world. The toaru world goes up to the 11th dimension. It's just further backed up by the thing I sent earlier of Othinus speaking from the view point of a magic god, who can actually do these things. Usually toaru makes sure to use dimensions properly when it comes to these things. Like curtana second cutting the third dimension specifically, or Anna cutting through space and it's dimension. Rather, in that scan it implies the dimension of the world, and specifically how they can manipulate everything

Ehhh, at best I can kinda see it with the last scan about "dimension and space" being two separate things that's affected. The others are a bit too vague without the dimensional planes or mathamatical dimensions being a factor into this.

Ehhh, at best I can kinda see it with the last scan about "dimension and space" being two separate things that's affected. The others are a bit too vague without the dimensional planes or mathamatical dimensions being a factor into this.
What about the Teleporter part?
Vol 6 Between the Lines 1

Shirai’s ability was called Teleport. It was not limited to three dimension rules, so she could move about freely within space.

However, there was a weakness to this ability. Though the phrase “to teleport within space” sounded simple, the theory behind it was to get away from the three dimensions, find her position in the eleventh dimension, and then calculate the vectors to teleport. Such calculations' complexity couldn’t be compared to the simple commands that ordinary espers would have, like “fire a fireball”, or “fire electric strikes”.

Upon checking something I wanna bring up a certain ability in Servant Physiology
This needs some more explanation.
It is needed whether or not the person who teleports them actually shifts their dimensionality when she teleports them. Teleporting people within a higher dimensional structure doesn't instantly make them on the same level as that structure since most of the time it is a way to BFR them

BB has this. while it looks like something that will pass it kinda lacks scan or reference so best to add those at least
Higher-Dimensional Manipulation (Merged with and can control the Mooncell, which can create 8 dimensional spaces)
Emiya Archer has this
Shirou from Kaleid also has the same reasoning as Emiya archer.

context needed thanks or something about Caladbolg

@Aseka maybe, but that would need a bit more elaboration on them shifting their positions on dimensions as opposed to just normal teleportation.

@TheGreatJedi13 is there any further explanation on Cadalbolg II or is that the whole explanation for HDM?

Yeah that would be the jist of it. Toaru specifically mentions the dimensions of space when it means the third, and also the dimensions like 2nd or 1st, and also all whole number ones. It's also already treated as the verse going up to the 11th as well. So I would think magic gods being treated as manipulating all dimensions would imply these dimensional planes? There's also the fact something like curtana while cutting through these dimensions creates dimensional shards of degree, while curtana second cutting through the space and the third didn't(for more proof these dimensions exist ig, if needed). Magic Gods are basically treated as one of the peaks in verse with their control over everything

The other scans prior seems to be more evidence on higher dimensional existence given they talk about perceiving the higher planes of reality as opposed to stuff like warping the dimensional planes that exist.
Now that I reread the quote and what I said, it probably would've been better to say that they can impose dimensionality upon the Warp itself. Direct quote is here:
Implying that he could alter the dimensionality of the Warp itself. I mostly added the other quotes to show that spatial dimensions do exist and can be simulated in the Warp

@AbaddonTheDisappointment yeah that can work since it involves changing their positions into a higher or lower dimension.

@Enter_Bluey @Aseka yeah at best the character who can cut through dimensions and space I can see qualify, the others I’m gonna need scans for context since I’m not familiar with Toaru.

@TheGreatJedi13 is there any Nasu expert you know that can clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back