• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for many questions

digimon's concepts are inside thier digicores? if yeah so titamon's sword is conceptual ? and a dark area digimon hasn't any concept ?

The Digicore contains the essence of a Digimon, it's literally all that really exists for a Digimon. It is not exactly a concept, if it were to translate into something more specific would be Essence Manipulation. Some time ago some people gave the idea of maybe creating a page for this here, but some people argued that it would not be very important.

The main reason why it was denied to get a apge is because there´s really no difference between that power and Conceptual Manipulation, if anything, Essence Manip is a poor man´s version of Conceptual Manip.

So basically I talked with Ex on his wall and I think we came up with a way to organize these revisions. Simply put, we will cut them into 3 chunks, making 3 Revision threads total over the course of the next few weeks (for Sections 1 and 2) and months (for section 3). Here we go.

Section 1: Ultimate level (4-B's) Revisions

Section 2: Revising Top (2-A's) and God Tiers (High 2-A's and Low 1-C's), Nature of Digimon, Adding El Evangelo (Hellfire) to profiles and the Digimon Cosmology. (In a few weeks)

Section 3: Revising God Tiers based upon the Decode Information. (In a few months)

Well, I do not think Hellfire should be reviewed next to 4-B, there is already a lot of questioning about the Dark Area and I think Hellfire really needs to be on some blog so Thread space is not spent to explain a lot of information to first show the context, this role should be with some blog. So I really think that Hellfire should be reviewed with the already prepared blog, and it needs to be on the blog about the Dark Area to already have all the content on it explained.

I say this because it's already complicated to deal with all the content about the Dark Area here, and Hellfire (Even more so as it's being advertised here) would be another controversial content to be dealt with, and my goal for now is really do away with all the polemics involving Digimon around here.

I think that putting Hellfire in Section 2 with the whole Cosmology thing is better, after all the Cosmology will deal with the Dark Area, that would include with the El Envagelio thing.

Section 1: Ultimate level (4-B's) Revisions (This week)

Section 2: Revising Top (2-A's) and God Tiers (High 2-A's and Low 1-C's), Nature of Digimon, Adding El Evangelo (Hellfire) to profiles and the Digimon Cosmology. (In a few weeks)

Section 3: Revising God Tiers based upon the Decode Information. (In a few months)

This look good? Also are the time periods convenient for you Ex?

Yes, it's perfect. Maybe there is also an extra revision between 2 and 3 (After all, we do not know when Decode will have its translation finished, let alone when Survive is going to be released ... it may even be before Decode) and I think it would be good to give one look more at the feats of the Childs and Adults, I will do some research between that time and try to improve the way the Childs and Adults are placed.

Possible final list.

Section 1: Ultimate level (4-B's) Revisions (This week)

Section 2.5: Rookie and Adult Revisions (High 8-C's, 6-C's and 6-B's) (Sometime after Section 2)

Section 3: Revising God Tiers based upon the Decode Information. (In a few months......Theoretically)

Also, to add some substance to section 1 because revising all the Perfects is not substaining enough, I will also add some inherited skills to that thread.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, to add some substance to section 1 because revising all the Perfects is not substaining enough, I will also add some inherited skills to that thread.
This week I intend to do some calculations of Digimon, especially the feat of a Dragon "close to the gods" that until now we never tried to analyze 0v0

If I finish on time, maybe we can put the revisions of Adults still in this week.

I'll still do a more accurate translation, but I want to give you an idea. I've been looking at Nakashima's comments on the Xros Wars manga.

Nakashima comments that he was a complete newbie about Digimon, so he rushed to study everything about the franchise by watching anime, manga, etc. He said he enjoyed feeling the warmth of the fans' passion for the franchise.

He also says he understands that fans of the franchise are angry about the changes in the scenario that manga and anime have made regarding the franchise's past. But he defends himself by saying that the changes would be good to expand the franchise as much as possible. He ends by saying that he would like fans to accept the anime and manga as a part of Digimon.

In the end he comments that he wrote some scenes while listening to songs like Brave Heart and Butterfly. He hopes fans read the manga while listening to the songs.

I ended up losing this thread of view, I'll put here some details of the interviews that the mangaka of Digimon Xros Wars recently participated. 1) The relation of Omegamon and Shoutmon is more literal than we thought. Shoutmon actually arose from a Digitama which was formed from the data of Omegamon's power and thought from when he was killed by Bagramon and Tactimon.

2) The greatest source of knowledge of Nakashima was in fact the Digimon Animes Memorial Book, which is interesting since earlier in the interview he actually made reference to Digimon concepts that was explained in the Memorial Book, as the relation between the Evolution and Psychology. After that he revealed that he took a look at books produced by Bandai (possibly the source of the various DRB references) and also blogs made by the fans themselves.

3)He still believes he would like fans to accept Xros Wars as part of Digimon, but he understands those who do not like it. They at least ask people to enjoy the Digimon that appears in Xros Wars.

4) He mentions that it was not possible to create a story based on Hunters, but he says he really liked Hunters and his characters. He also said that if it turned out to be a manga, Hunters would be closer to the anime, but with a bigger focus on Taiki's friends who got very overshadowed in the second and third season of Xros Wars.

5) The reason Milleniumon was used was because Mugendramon and Kimeramon are based on "fusion of several Digimon" that already fit the context of DigiXros and so it would be easy to put Milleniumon in history. And of course, as it is related to space-time powers, it would be easy to use it as an explanation for the space-time distortions that were occurring in history. In addition, he explains that he does not really have much knowledge of Mille's story in Wonderswan games, so he did not use many details from the games. But that Digimon with great knowledge as Jijimon and DarkKnightmon knew about the other Mille that existed in the past.

6) There would be a scene involving Bagramon and Lucemon, with Lucemon being Bagramon's main target as being close to Tactimon. However, Bagramon was unable to convince Lucemon to follow him and he chose not to intervene in the events, and only to observe the consequences of Bagramon's actions. In fact, it was at this very moment that Lilithmon would find Bagramon and decide to follow him.

7) He says that after SkullKnightmon is purified and turn over a Holy Knight he would act as a Tsundere, helping the protagonists but still in his original style.

8) If he could he would have used Gankoomon and Jesmon in this story. He also comments that because Examon has been a very new Digimon and he is very big, he can not do much besides put him in a picture in the manga.

9) His favorite songs are Butter-Fly, Brave Heart and Never Give Up

I do not remember very well which Digimon we have here, but I believe that if we are talking about the strongers(and not just the strongest, since we have not yet decided) a possible answer would be Wisemon considering his hax.

Also, new blog

In Digimon, there are supercomplex worldview that assimilates many transcendental concepts found through School Thoughts, philosophy, etc, like Taiji, Wuji, Ain Soph Aur, etc?

I do not know that very well, so I can not say for sure. However I know that there are references in some characters (Be in the design, personality or even background), although I do not know which is which (I never went deep in subjects like these).

What I am most sure of are the references to interpretations of Neoplatonic Emanationism that are used as an explanation of cosmology. But I believe I have more references to other thoughts in all this, but I do not know about it very well.

While we are at it, I really would like a profile for ExTyrannomon, as he looks a lot like Barney

ExTyrannomon b

I can ask where Myotismon Petrification comes from? that is his own power or a inherited skill? if then that is inherited from who?

Infera28 said:
I can ask where Myotismon Petrification comes from? that is his own power or a inherited skill? if then that is inherited from who?
I believe it is Dead Scream.

• Nightmare Claw (Dead Scream): Sends out a black, ghost-like entity that turns the victim black and paralyzes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back