• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it where stated layers in dimensional wall are infinitely higher than each other and realm of holy beasts is infinitely higher than digimon world too? not always each dimension higher is infinitely higher (i think that isn't accepted in new tiering system too) and if that is true so a holy beast percives digital world as fiction but we never seen something like that in story. digital world's digimon such as Cyberdramon, Omegamon and Bleezemon were capable of fightning against holy beasts too and holy beasts got defeated and sealed by 3-B Digimon such as Dark Masters too.

so i'm pretty doubtful if four holy beast exist in a higher dimension

and if dimensional wall is a higher plane of existence then why it is called a "dimensional wall" aka a term used for alternative universes?

and digital world being a higher world at strectual to real universe was stated in Xros Wars Continuity only and probably is canon to Xros Wars only. as stated in Digimon Adventure Tri digital world and human world were created from quantum sea too so they are alternative universes.

and why we used digital world's tamers map for entire of digimon when that was a completely diffrent continuity without things such as reincarnating from death or devolving after each fight.

The CRT had been approved by the same person who did the review. As far as I know, the term "infinitely superior" is just one way of referring to this, but explanations of worlds with a greater number of dimensional axes can be accepted if they are quantifiably higher than worlds with fewer dimensional axes, which is the case here. And no, "exists as a fiction" is also simply another way of demonstrate this difference, anyway, there's still a difference between Feats, PIS and Outlier.

If they have created a world that is superior to another world, transcending them hierarchically and this is accepted as Tier 1 or higher, it will not just be a case of a character who is not constantly at that level that will make their whole feat as something wrong. . Especially when it can simply say that the characters are equivalent to each other, as is the case with the Dark Masters (which are directly referenced as equal to the Four Holy Beast).

About Dimensional Wall, don't ask that to me. All we know is that the Network exists between the two worlds and that it is also a multi-layered world in itself, like the Appmon which are directly referred to as "Existing on the Network that exists between the Real World and the Digital World.".

Of course, "alternative universes" do not prevent them from being higher dimensions. A "universe" being called a "higher-dimensional universe" only means that it has a greater number of dimensional axes than another universe, nothing prevents a 4-dimensional universe and a 52-dimensional universe from being called alternative universes or parallel universes, they are still universes (Even more when we start to not simply say that a universe is simply a larger volume than the 1 hubble volume of the observable universe).

And wrong, the Digital World as higher than the Real World is something that has been planned since Digimon Adventure, solidified in Adventure 02, the Dramas CD and the Novels and then reaffirmed in the Xros Wars era with the rescue of the Adventure's original concepts, used by Kakudo, by Nakashima and Habu. It's even clearer when you talk about TRI, the first 2 minutes of TRI are literally a reference to the neoplatonic emanationism concepts used by Kakudo to explain that the Digimon are in fact a soul from a World of Ideas, and these souls were detected by our world throughout history in various forms, from demons to gods or youkais, and were now viewed as virtual beings by digital-based society.

Digimon Tamers Map is only used as a reference point, although Konaka wants to treat Tamers as an isolated world (Just like every Digimon work), this is not something that Bandai/Toei does. References to the concepts covered in Digimon Tamers were used several times in other parts of the franchise, and even if Konaka did not created the originally map with this meaning, now it basically demonstrated the difference between Real, Digital and other Worlds through the Hierarchy of Worlds after the Digimon Adventure lore was reused.

Basically, we just use it because it's the only image we have of what World Hierarchy would look like, even though it was not created for that purpose, but then its concepts were used everywhere in the franchise (As much as Konaka dislike, now, the expanded universe of Digimon, this is something that we use, and so we'll try to put everything together just like what Bandai, Toei and other people that worked with Digimon does).

Of course, about each part of the franchise being isolated and not using the same concepts. This was never the plan for Digimon, as you read the initial plans you will see that they always shared the same concepts and all served to expand the same story (The one in the V-pets manuals). It was only in V-Tamer that the explanation of being parallel universes was first used and then with Digimon World 3, X and the Digimon Story games, the explanation that even the worlds, called Servers, are part of a larger Network started to be used. It is clear that many of the worlds are just different servers of the Digital World Network, all existing inside the same layer through the different layers of the Digital World (As said in the Digimon Twin Storyline).

Of course, most Digimon products were not made with this in mind so it is very easy to find inconsistencies in older products, but it is currently the explanation of how the franchise is structured and so we will use this as the most commonly used explanation today and has approval not only from its creator, Hiroyuki Kakudō, but also from Kazumasa Habu, Kenji Watanabe, Ota Kensuke and even Chiaki J. Konaka as shown in the livestreams of the new Digimon Story Games (Which was two of the games that brought these concepts back).

For the DImensional Wall....we don't treat each layer as a higher dimension btw. The only layers that are higher dimensional are the Digital World and the higher layers above it.

Yes, although it simply breaks the concept of World Hierarchy, it is one of the things we do as well as not addressing any feat of "destroying the Digital World" in its broadest sense, and can range from just one Server of the Network (As in Digimon Story Sunburst / Moonlight) to the entire structure of all layers.

Interestingly, this doesn't limit Digimon's feats much, because almost every team has some connection to the Four Holy Beasts or the Celestial Digimon or the Royal Knights, which basically already uses the two highest layers of the Digital World.

Yes he is. You can get him from the Betamon line and following Betamon - Seadramon - Mega Seadramon - Leviamon.

You just gotta work hard to reach those stat requirements. If you need a little help when you get for some tips, just ask. (I did the same for LordGriffin)

leviamon can also come from shogungekomon and dragomon. youre not limited to megaseadramon, and if anything due to them being virus types - itd be better to use one of those two so it doesnt mess up your team balance due to losing a data and gaining a virus

so if i be correct this is current scaling for digimon higher dimensional tiering?:

1- real universe + time (4D)

2- digital world (5D)

3- realm of holy beasts (6D)

4- Yggdrasil's system (7D)

5- Eaters dimension (8D)

or i missed something?

Physical World (4-D)

Digital World (5-D)

Several Layers (At least 8-D. We get this number as we know there are seversl layers (meaning 3 or more) in between the Digital World and World of the Holy Beasts and as such it should be at minimum 3)

Holy Beast Realm (9-D)

Yggdrasil Realm/Kernel (10-D)

Eaters Dimension (11-D)

Work of the Gods (12-D and beyond)

Excuse me should Overlord GAIA and N.E.O. not get updated Digimon Physiology? Or is there something that prevents that from happening?

N.E.O is a next generation Digimon so yeah

Overlord G.A.I.A should have a more general "Digital Entity Physiology", like the whole Sould/Mind/Higher-Dimensional thing

We don't treat the 6 layers in between the Digital World and Physical World as Higher Dimensional Layers. Higher Dimensionality does not begin until we get to the Digital World and the layers above it.

The TRI Royal Knights should not be considered weaker than the other RK. TRI Omegamon is 1-C while pre-TRI Omegamon remains 3-C.

We used to have a page about Ryo's Monodramon and it scaled to Zeed at the end of Brave Tamer Storyline, I belive that just like a lot of others Tamers related pages, his page was also deleted.

I would like that Ryo had two pages, one for the Wonderswan saga (That's the Mille storylines) and other to the Tamers storyline, just to make everything looking better. I suppose that Mille related pages will be revised with the Adventure Villains revision, with that we could also create a new page for Ryo.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The TRI Royal Knights should not be considered weaker than the other RK. TRI Omegamon is 1-C while pre-TRI Omegamon remains 3-C.
do we consider the tri to be RKs? they aren't stated to be so, and the three of them are on opposing sides battle royale style.

Outside to they be working with the "gods", TRI Alphamon profile says "The 'Aloof Hermit' who aims to put to death the other Holy Knights.", that's petty much RK Alphamon lore (But the card does't say that this Alphamon belongs to the "Royal Knight group", but this wouldn't be the first time that a RK card - even in the card lore - isn't part of the "Royal Knight group" of the TCG rules).

Maybe the memorial book could explain this, but there isn't any scans of the book about that in the internet.

The real cal howard said:
You...do know what Gold Experience Requiem is, right?
Yes, but how is an At least Building level+ going to beat an At least Large Star level, possibly Multi-Solar System level?

@Cal I think he has to kill her first, which won't happen if he's only Building+. Granted return to zero would keep him alive, but he wouldn't ever be capable of winning.

I must admit I'm a bit confused, given Diavolo is seen performing additional actions within that scene after turning his head, such as when he expressed surprise at seeing the other versions of him performing the same actions out of sequence.

Assuming the ability could make him repeat the same action infinitely, he wouldn't have been surprised at the looping actions because he'd have never noticed. In fact, judging by that scene, Diavolo isn't even forced to repeat that action seeing as it appears to be multiple concurrent Diavolo's. We know this is the case because that's what Diavolo is shocked by, and his further actions implies he isn't trapped in whatever loop GER had active at that moment. I suppose this could be an abnormality caused by using it's reversal power within erased time, but unless it's shown working outside erased time I'd hazard a guess that's simply how the power functions.

I still don't think he'd lose because "return to zero" negs anything she tries, but I don't see him winning unless he can bypass durability somehow.

There is the Cyber Sleuth feat...done by Immeasurables and the Vademon calc which I don't think can be used as it was hypothetical I think. Sadly Digimon rarely does anything like space travel or something. You either are FTL or Immeasurable...no in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back