• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a question actually, what is this power of darkness thing from adventure? I know its from the novel, but do they explain how it works and what it is etc?

The opposite of the power of light, which is described as being life itself, evolution, positive feelings, etc. While it is possible to have positive feelings and then build bonds with others, it is possible to use the power of light, something controlled, positive toward life and creation. This is what happens with each of the protagonists of Adventure that construct their main emotions in a positive way to be able to evolve.

Therefore, the power of darkness is the opposite. If light is about life and positivity, darkness is about death and negativity. While Taichi evolved Greymon to Metal Greymon using the positive power of courage, he evolved into Skull Greymon when he had to use the negative power of anger, hatred, and so on.

While the light comes from building negative feelings and bonds with one another, darkness comes from hatred, individuality, uncontrol, etc. The two are equally strong, but it is much easier to develop on the side of darkness than for the light, since an uncontrolled emotional act of anger or hatred is enough to be able to construct very naturally a great power of darkness , while the power of light needs the understanding of itself as being and the bonds that are formed with each other in the search for a better future.

And of course, as the power of darkness is very turned to anger and hatred, those who seek the power of pure darkness can end up quickly falling into madness by beginning to abuse their power only by seeking more and more power, death and destruction. It was what happened to Taichi and Yamato that because of their anger with the Dark Masters allowed them to use their power against themselves by amplifying the strength of their Digimon with the power of darkness. That's how WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon killed Metal Seadramon and Pinochimon. The difference is that soon after Taichi was able to control himself and once again use the power of light, with the help of Homeostasis, to defeat Mugendramon. As Yamato became more and more consumed by the power of darkness to the point that he fell into that cave of darkness.

Basically, darkness is the power of anger, hatred, and any negative feeling, and that is directed to the aspect of death and destruction (unlike light that uses positive feelings directed at life and creation). As the power of darkness uses anger, it is very common that its users end up being crazy for power that end up doing everything for control, especially killing anyone to achieve their goals.

And here I though WarGreymon was able to defeat MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon because he wield the Dramon Killers, weapons that exhibit immense power against Dramon-type Digimon, while simultaneously being double-edged swords that put its own life at great risk.

It is the more general explanation given initially, it is eventually made clearer that the main reason they were able to actually defeat the Dark Masters was by using the power of darkness.

Since Pinocchimon was one of the Dark Masters, he thought he would have a much harder time of it, but it had been so easy to beat him. It was almost disappointing. Yamato didn't know why he had been able to do it, but it was because he had gained the power of darkness through his hatre. Using the powers of darkness to beat the powers of darkness was the most effective way. Letting oneself be seeped in darkness made people, and Digimon, stronger. This was because it allowed them to devote themselves to defeating their opponent without mercy.
~ The Dark Masters ~ The Forest of Hatred​

I heard that all feats of God(Digimon) was Yggdrasil's feats and he was the god Lucemon mentioned in cyber sleuth. But I can't find any scan or thread for it. The yggdrasil respect thread in wiki page doesn't say about it either. Can someone please give me link to them?

Just a link to this is practically impossible, since the answer is a context analysis and not just "those were Yggdrasil's feats". In fact this is generally a lie, there are things there that were not feats of Yggdrasil. What happens is that much of this character's background was something belonging to Yggdrasil (which includes some feats), which takes things solely from "God/Gods" as something very vague, uncertain in the franchise itself as something right and that we would literally just have something like "supposed entity, or entities, responsible for creating the entire cosmological structure of the franchise".

I started a new blog to talk about Yggdrasil, but there are a lot of things to do yet.

Executor N0 said:
Just a link to this is practically impossible, since the answer is a context analysis and not just "those were Yggdrasil's feats". In fact this is generally a lie, there are things there that were not feats of Yggdrasil. What happens is that much of this character's background was something belonging to Yggdrasil (which includes some feats), which takes things solely from "God/Gods" as something very vague, uncertain in the franchise itself as something right and that we would literally just have something like "supposed entity, or entities, responsible for creating the entire cosmological structure of the franchise".
I started a new blog to talk about Yggdrasil, but there are a lot of things to do yet.
Oh ok. Also why many 2A digimon are now 1C? I can't find any thread for it.

I think this thread should cover that. Took me a little while to remember where it was so I might've grabbed the wrong one, but I'm fairly certain it should explain the most relevent information. There are blogs on the Digimon verse page as well, though I'm not certain if the most recent ones have been linked there yet.

This was the franchise powerscalling revision thread with the new interpretation about the Digimon Multiverse (which I thought would only happen after a few blogs, so maybe some things didn't happen as I imagined).

There was another Thread about changing from 2-A to 1-C, but I don't quite remember where she is. The content used for it is all on the Digimon page, they are the most recent blogs about the structure of the World Hierarchy.

The change was a consequence of the revisions regarding the nature of the Digimon and the Digital World. I felt it was not a complete change, but this is more a consequence of the content involving "metaphysics" still being very vague around here, so some choices occur more for simplicity.

Basically different from the idea that the Digital World and the Real World are parallel universes of the same property, it was decided that what actually occurs is a cosmological structure based on neoplatonic emanationism that is explained in the franchise because of higher dimensions and levels of space-time.

In this cosmological hirarchy the Digital World is located many levels of existence above the Physical World (The level of existence of human beings) and that the Digital World itself is a world hierarchy with several levels of existence and higher planes/layers, with the highest planes belonging to the Four Holy Beast and Yggdrasil respectively. Because these two things are heavily involved in PowerScalling and were previously just 2-A, this has been modified to better fit the franchise cosmology.

ENIAC, like much of the lore from Ryo games, has been lost over time due to Bandai not keeping records of older products, and is currently unknown to many of the people working with the franchise and became an outdated concept with the addition of Yggdrasil and the expansion of the Digimon Adventure lore developed by Hiroyuki Kakudō in later manga and anime by people like Nakashima and Habu.

Basically, despite being a part of the franchise, it's something very old and unique to a specific era in Digimon that has been lost over time and doesn't interact much with the latest lore, and is very contradictory. It's basically the same reason why we didn't scale Overlord Gaia to Tier 1.

Part of Digimon's older lore is simply incompatible with what we know today, like ENIAC and ABC as digital world systems and origins of everything, and the most recent Digimon lore refers to multiple Host Computers, each with their own Digital World and each DW with their own inner worlds.

So we tend not to scale very old Digimon content that is officially "lost and impossible to reuse" with the latest information, which virtually causes a retcon with the older one.

I believe I am pretty late to this thread but I recently got back into digimon starting the whole franchise over. And I noticed on their pages it states that the souls and minds of digimon are on higher plane of existence but it also states that the souls and minds reside in the digicore. Does this mean that the digicore is on a higher plane of existence? Also what is the reasoning for that?

Digicores "exist on a higher plane of existence" because they exist in the Digital World, which is a higher plane of existence than the Real World. Digicores exist in the Digital World and are covered by Wireframe, which protects Digicores from direct contact (Therefore, to affect the essence of a Digimon you must first cross the Wireframe and only then affect the Digicore).

The reason for the Digital World to be considered a Higher Dimension is the Digimon Adventure backstory which reveals that the Digital World is actually a world of primordial souls and the Real World and humans are just an "emanation" of it. This was later explored in Zero Two, Dramas CD and Novels.

But in the end this lore was only worked on in Digimon more recently with Xros Wars, Re: Digitize, Cyber Sleuth and now with Digimon Surive.

The Demon Lords are getting a Redux'd RT after Ex finishes the Royal Knight RT he's currently working on.

For Apocalymon and Mille. Those are also very old, but we have a blog detailing our scaling chains and so it should be clear that they scale above the 4 Holy Beasts as mentioned in the Scaling Blog.

Yes, I'm working to create new blogs (or update old ones) now that the cosmological revisions ended. I'm starting with Royal Knights, then Seven Great Demon Lords and after that the "Adventure Big Bosses" (Dark Masters, Apocalymon, Mille, etc).

Executor N0 said:
Yes, I'm working to create new blogs (or update old ones) now that the cosmological revisions ended. I'm starting with Royal Knights, then Seven Great Demon Lords and after that the "Adventure Big Bosses" (Dark Masters, Apocalymon, Mille, etc).
So shouldn't previous thread links be removed from the profile since it's making alot confusion.

I have seen that most Digimon profiles scale 3-C by Adventure but there is something that tells us that Digimon from other universes are comparable to those of Adventure?

Is it because a Wargreymon of "X" universe is comparable to the Wargreymon of Adventure? The power of a Digimon would not vary depending on the universe?

This would also be for the general abilities of a Digimon if there is something that tells us that the Digimon of "X" universe have the same general abilities as the Digimon of "Y" universe

WarGreymo isn't scaled to Adventure WarGreymo. Matter of fact Adventure WarGreymon scales above our average Mega level. Mega levels scale above the Adventure Ultimates who are superior to Vademon as Mega Digimon are still a threatening force for them. The power of Digimon has never been shown or stated to vary depending on the universe as these differences do not exist in series and have never been stated to exist.

Literally all the general abilities of a Digimon come from their nature as Digimon and their existence overall. Once again, no differentiation per universe has never been stated nor should we assume the nature of Digimon changes per universe. Same for power.

Marcusbwfc said:
adventure is seen as the weakest universe IIRC
We don't exactly treat the universes like that. We treat the Digimon the same in each universe.

I believe Adventure is seen more like this because the protagonists never really get to the level of the bad guys, always needing power ups non-inherent to they Digimon to beat the final bad guys like the Dark Masters or Apocalymon, while in the other series the Digimon themselves become that powerfull.

With Digimon Adventure, they are above their average species levels in terms of Ultimates and Megas, For Ultimates, they scale to Vademon whose feat is also above the average feats of various Ultimate Digimon which range across Tier 4 (A high end feat that's consistent with other feats). However, a simple Mega Digimon is still a threatening presence and should still be above them. Adventure Megas are decently more powerful than the general Megas who scale above the Adventure Ultimates due to larger scaling chains overall. Only via power ups are they able to deal with the Dark Masters and Apocalymon.

Of course Mega level feats are vasts. Ranging from Tier 3 to Tier 1.

So here [[1]] it's explained that the 4 Holy beats are the actual mythical beings humans worshipped but in Tri it's shown that they are the partners of Original DigiDestined [[2]] . So isn't that a contradiction ?

Gohano91 said:
So here [[1]] it's explained that the 4 Holy beats are the actual mythical beings humans worshipped but in Tri it's shown that they are the partners of Original DigiDestined [[2]] . So isn't that a contradiction ?
possibly diffrent holy beasts? like how there is multiple Omegamon, Wargreymon and etc

They are the same, the beings that exist to balance the world.

Unfortunately, explaining how the "Four Holy Beasts" existed many years ago balancing the multiverse with "The Partners of the First Chosen Children became the Four Holy Beasts" is something that has not been done yet, which is curious because both stories (Digimon Mystery File: Release The 1000 Year Seal and Digimon Adventure Novel) were made by the same person, Hiroyuki Kakudō.

The only thing we know is that these two things are true, the Four Holy Beasts have been around since ancient times and yet they evolved from the partners of the first chosen children. This is not impossible to explain, there are several ways to do this, but officially no "explanation" has ever been given.

well ancient times could just be when they were the partners. time was still accelerated then, so its thousands of years between maki and daigo being kids, and tri

Did he summon them? I may have to reread, but iirc he just called them over. But I'll see.

Question. Are the former 2-As' range updated? Because I checked like Omegamon or Belphemon. And they still have the Multiversal+ range for affecting the entire Digital World. But now the Digital World's a (High) Complex Multiversal structure.

Yes. In fact, I have a lot of scans from the Vitium Chapter from Re:Digitize that I plan to use to create a profile for Vitium. Anyway, right now I'm working in the new blogs to fix the reason for the Royal Knights, Seven Great Demon Lords, Dark Masters and other characters to be Tier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back