• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would scale to Lucemon. Also I call the Main Protags file after I play the game....When it comes through the mail.....

So how powerful is alter B on his own? It appears that the protagonist stops him before he could gather all energy. I more or less expect the protagonist and the rest of the next order cast to be within low 2-C.

Some of the Next Order stuff:

Alter-B feats

He requires a DW full of Mega Digimon+upgraded BH program to carry out that multiversal feat (i.e. with upgrade). When he was stopped, he restored the entire DW and joins as Shouma's partner. Rest of the game he is at his normal power level.

So he should be 2-A with the upgrade, low 2-C (or whatever you have for universal here) on his own.

---

Post game, he just becomes a benchmark and everyone and their mother seems to have become stronger than him. I doubt any other Digimon was ever insulted this much in their debut game. "Mwahahaha I am more powerful than Alter-B", "Alter-B can't even compare", "Even Alter-B is just an insect to me now", "I've absorbed all of Alter-B's power blah blah" or something statements are common. Then again, most of the post game bosses are the Demon Lords and the Royal Knights so I guess it is expected. There's also Armageddemon, Susanoomon, RustTyranomon, Examon, the Imperialdramon PM who founded the Royal Knights and other bosses. The post game dungeon seems to have multiple multi-layered dimensions called "Dimension A", "Dimension Z" and so on where these super bosses reside. Not sure if these are higher dimensions or not.

---

Speaking of the Demon Lords, there is a new entity calling itself the "Malevolent Fist" and most likely the strongest in the game. It takes over the body of BoltBautamon in the game. It destroyed the Demon World and drove out all of the demon lords from the Dark Area in their world (implied it actually defeated them and likely no-sold their karma shenanigans). Beelzebumon of all things calls it a "monster!". Not only did it no-sell Alter-B, Beelzebumon and Lucemon FM attempts to attack/seal it, it's simply playing around in all the battles so far. It's true form seems to be some "new" type of darkness. The storyline is still continuing, they will likely add more DLC for this.

Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3

Titamon can summon players/tamers from other worlds in this game for you to battle and the toughest fight is against the Digimon World 1 hero (he is most likely the "Red" of Digimon) and his 2 partners, one from the past and the other from the future: Mamemon and Mugendramo . Should be the strongest barring the Malevolent Fist.

Executor N0 said:
And ... Only I found it interesting that he would do all this using only the power of a Digital World?
Good point. Just by absorbing a single DW and the BH program, he would have gained enough power to destroy the multiverse.

Then again, I recall reading somewhere that the requirement was a Digital World filled with Mega level Digimon...mostly Mugendramon (who have an infinite power source according to their profiles). So I guess its reasonable.

I'm hoping GranDracmon, Ogudomon, QueenChessmon, The Four Holy Beast and the Millenniummo family are playable. I wonder how the story is going to play out, the name leads me to believe it has to do with one of the Hackers who confronted the Eaters before Takumi and Co. did, or maybe even before Arata did.

Also, I stumbled upon an Ultimate level Digimon with a SoL feat and MachSpyder showed me a bunch of reference books regarding Relativistic - LS Digimon. I guess that adds even more justification for FTL high tiers.

Don't know about sayo but I believe Koh should have It

By the way what do you guy's think of the protagonist of hacker's memory? Personally those eye's give me the impression that he's seen some shit XP

Yeah, Koh would have Reality Warping, but it's really weak reality warping. Koh and Sayo's powers need a slight revision in general, they're very cluttered.

@MugenRyu.

I completely agree, which is why I believe he was one of the first hackers who confronted the Eaters. Either way, I'm pretty hyped to see what his story is.

Define "Weak" considering Anubismon does reside in the Dark Area where Digimon like the SGDL live.

Excited for the CS sequel. Based on the info we have its more like Decode which content and story wise was thrice as large as Re Digitize so no complains. Bandai's EU Twitter and the English poster is hyping some big reveal with stuff like "discover the truth", "hack your way to the truth" and such.

Seeing Crescemon being in much focus here, I'm hoping for the Olympus XII to make the cut. Make this new protagonist fight the O12 while Aiba fights the RKs on his side. That would be amazing!

Sangloupmon presence hints at a possible GranDracmon.

More indepth coverage at TamerUnio

@MugenRyu.

I completely agree, which is why I believe he was one of the first hackers who confronted the Eaters. Either way, I'm pretty hyped to see what his story is.

I love In that his design really give off the vibe that he's not a hero, but rather as a guy who had to become a hacker due to having no other options

Well the plot is that he is charged with a crime he did not commit. So this will be interesting.

Ohhh, Dagomon has been confirmed? Nice. Was Golemmon in Cyber Sleuth? I honestly can't remember, but part me of recalls using him very briefly.

I like the idea of O12 being in Hackers Memory. I always loved their designs and I always felt like they were always underused, only members who seem to appear regularly are Dianamon, Apollomon, Minervamon/Mervamon and Neptunemon. It be so cool if their was a side quest with the RK and O12 clashing, maybe even have the player pick a side and have a huge scale boss fight. I doubt it happen, though.

Edit: Just read the stuff Mach linked. Seems like my idea if him being one of the first hackers to find the Eaters was wrong. Still seems interesting though.

This thread is always so hard to find..

Anyway, Did anyone see the (fairly) new Digimon they just made? Cres Garurumo and Blitz Greymo. Not only do they look cool as hell, but they might be really powerful too.

The final form of Garurumon, it is a subspecies of Metal Garurumon that has taken on a humanoid form, unlike the other final form Z'd Garurumon. It is clad in golden Chrondigizoit armour capable of deflecting attacks, and excels in swordplay using its weapon, "Kijü Engetsutou". Its attacks include spinning its whole body, turning into a blade with which it attacks the enemy (Jürou Daikaiten), as well as molding its Kijü Engetsutou into countless forms using ice, which it then uses to swing towards the enemy (Geki: Hyougetsuga).
~ Reference Book (Cres Garurumon)​
An ultimate form of Greymon-species Digimon, it is a subspecies of War Greymon armed with electric-powered weapons. It reinforces its heavyweight grappling with electricity, striking with the "Plasma Stakes" on both arms, which send electric current flowing into even the sturdiest of structures and destroying them from within. It is capable of rotating the "Thunder Verniers" on its back to face forward, from which it fires electricity, or using them while faced backwards to propel it forward. Not only that, it is capable of releasing plasma particles into its surroundings and using them to erect a barrier around it (Elec Guard).
~ Reference Book (Blitz Greymon)​
Maybe I'm looking to deep into it, but the way they seem to say ZeedGarurumon is just "another" final form makes me wonder if they're comparable to one another.

Also, did anyone see the info for Hackers Memory on Gematsu? They make it seem post apocalyptic, which considering Chapter 13 onward of Cyber Sleuth is pretty apt. Game is going to have 18 Chapters and even more quest than Cyber Sleuth, so it seems to be a full length title. They also mention the Protagonist will not be a "hero" per say.

Blitz and Cres will likely be in Hacker's Memory. I should probably update the Digimon verse page...

New Omegamon: Alter-S

Profile: A new face of Omegamon, born from the fusion of War Greymon's subspecies 'Blitz Greymon', and Metal Garurumon's subspecies 'Cres Garurumon'. Although it is a different individual from the Omegamon belonging to the Royal Knights, it retains its multi-type ability to wield the traits belonging to both Digimon, and is on par with Omegamon in terms of strength. It is a mystery how these two Digimon came to fuse together, and whether this Omegamon was born out of someone's strong will or some sort of wish as well.

Its Special Moves are firing plasma from its Blitz Greymon-shaped turret (Grey Cannon), and accumulating energy into the center of its sword and turning that energy into a slashing attack (Garuru Sword). There is nothing that cannot be cut by its Garuru Sword attack once it has accumulated maximum charge.

A Holy Knight Digimon with Virus typing. Dukemon has a companion now...

Alter-B is supposedly a berserk Alter-S so some scaling should be possible even with this little info.

Damn, Omegamon Alter-S looks cool as hell. Any word on the Blitz Greymon, Ceres Garurumon and Alter-S appearing in any media outside of the V-Pets?

I think they might be DLC for Hackers Memory, if not in the base game.

Yeah they might use Hacker's Memory to advertise these guys worldwide similar to how they did that for Digimon like TigerVespamon and Mastemon.

I almost completely forgot Mastemon was even a thing. I get the impression that it was designed to be the next big thing, but that kind of drove me away from it. I guess I always preferred the more..."unique" designs like Octomon, PrinceMamemon (Mamemon species in general), Omekamon and so on.

See and I can't stand those Digimon. I am more lured to the cooler designs. I hate PrinceMamemon's shit-eating grin as well XD

PrinceMamemon is my second favorite Digimon, next to QueenChessmon. I dunno, theirs just something about that shit eating grin, egotistical poses and the fact that he's described as just "not awful" make me love it so much.

It's one of the reasons why I love Digimon so much. Digimon literally has unlimited possibilities in terms of designs, so no Digimon seems out of place. Because of this "skies the limit" approach to design, you can find some really creative (and especially weird) looking Digimon. Bacomon, Atamadekachimon, Starmon, Deputymon, Gundramon and the unforgettable, MegaMightyKentamon are all prime examples of this.

Speaking of Starmon, Mach showed me the description of a Digimon I've never even heard of before called "Dark Superstarmon". It has some pretty impressive feats in the reference book.

Produced from the observational data of a black hole, it is a Digimon dyed in darkness. It has left behind its dreams and its wishes, and it appears to be so heavily burdened by its past that it uses its sunglasses to shut out all light. Its Special Moves are attacking with the exploded fragments of a supernova (Dark Explosion), using a black fog that covers everything in darkness (Schwarz Nebel), and creating a hole that swallows the surrounding bodies (Dark Hole).
~ Reference Book​
Possible Large Star level+ feat? Scales directly to Darkdramon

Edit: If it scales to Darkdramon, it might scale to BanchoLeomon as well. Perhaps the stronger members of BAN-TYO as a whole.

Well remember that Darkdramon also scales directly to the "BANTYO" as well as Chaosmon and possibly Valdurmon since he is a component for Chaosmon.

Also that's why I love Digimon. Everything looks like a Digimon. Their infinite possibility design aspects roll off waaaaay better than Pokemon's.

I think Chaosmon would be 3-A, considering that it's arms are (more or less) the Gigastick Lance and BAN-TYO Blade, the former of which is equal to Gallantmon's "Gram".

Also, its right hand is equipped with the "Gigastick Lance", which rivals Galatnmon's holy lance "Gram"
My concern though is that Dark Superstarmon states fragments of a Supernova. Still, 1% of a Supernovas basic yield (1 FOE) is Star level+ it still be in the Tier 4 spectrum.

Well there was one thing I wondered about. And that is composites for ChaosGallantmon, Darkdramon and Chaosmon. Seeing how we composited the Knights, shouldn't we do so for the Bantyo and Angels? Just something that came to mind. Also we need to merge ChaosGallantmon and Megidramon.

I kinda want to get the little revisions out of the way(Whether they are accepted or not) so that the big revision can only worry about the tier 1 stuff. Which will be hectic to say the least...

Also question. Should we do the big revision after Hacker's Memory? Or do you think we have enough evidence as is?

About DarkSuperStarmon, there's another profile which says this:

"A Digimon that was born from observational data of a black hole, but is dyed in darkness. It seems to shoulder heavy shattered dreams from its past, and its sunglasses symbolize its goal to shut both light and those failures away. Its special attacks are "Dark Hole", which creates a black hole that swallows everything around it, "Schwarz Nebel", a dark fog that covers everything around it in darkness, and "Dark Explosion", which attacks and splinters everything with powers equivalent to an exploding supernova."

I do not think this translation is correct.

In the original passage is present the term "ÞÂàµû░µÿƒþêåþÖ║ÒüùÒüƒþá┤þëç" which I believe really means to be just fragments of a supernova.

Hmmm...it seems you may be right. Google translate does give me "Supernova exploded fragments" for the profile. Wildermon is one of the most reputed translators for Digimon though, perhaps one of his older translations? Or likely he took into account some other context, JP being heavily context reliant and all.

Anyways, fragments seems to be the right choice.

NEO's reference book profile has finally been released. It's been what, like only 10+ years. Google translated profile:

"A mysterious digital life creature that can not be analyzed with current technology. In the framework of the current Digimon research, it can not be applied to the race "Digimon", where future research is urgent. A big feature is that it combines the properties of all Digimons existing in the digital world (dragons, beasts, water, machinery / mutation, sacred darkness / insects / plants), and although it is a hypothesis, a system that administers the digital world It is said that it is a model (Adam) of the "next-generation Digimon" that he sent. Although it is a small physique but has power that can not be described, Even the Ultimate Digimon, the strongest existence of the digital world, becomes a powerless presence in front of Neo. "Judgment" returns all existence in front of me to nothing, and it literally "does not exist" original. Moreover, "Zero Genesis" can fill the absence caused by "judgment" with new existence, has the power enough to destroy and create, and to make the digital world itself."

"A system that administers the Digital world said that it is a model of Next generation Digimon". Yggdrasil? Or the gods mentioned in CS?

Reduces existence to nothing with Judgement and apparently makes the "original" non-existant.

More evidence that the DW is a universe, not just a planet (for all downplayers out there).

Questio: what would Apocalymon's endless dark world qualify as? 2C or Low 2C? It can absorb entire universes.

Heroes Profile

I am not sure, I have to really educate myself on some of the specific terms you guys use here.

The profile is translated now and apart from the bolded, I think everything else was shown in Next:

N.E.O

A mysterious, digital living entity that cannot be analyzed by current methods. Conventional Digimon research has been unable to even place it in a suitable family of "Digimon", so future research relating to it is being quickly prepared. Its greatest characteristic is that it has combined all of the natures of the Digimon in the Digital World (Dragon, Beast, Water, Machine, Mutant, Holy, Darkness, Insect, and Plant), and it is hypothesized that it might be a type of "next generation Digimon" sent from the system controlling the Digital World (Adam). Even though it is small in stature, it possesses indescribable power, and even the strongest Ultimate-leveled Digimon that exist in the Digital World are rendered powerless when confronting N.E.O. Its "Judgement" reduces everything that exists in front of it into nothingness, literally turning those natural materials into things that "no longer exist". In addition, it can create new beings from those it has turned into nothingness with both its "Zero Genesis" and "Judgement", as well as destroying those it has created, so it hides the power to create a new Digital World itself.

NEO can apparently create new beings from nothingness after removing their existence.

The ADAM part can mean two things: either its referring to the name of the particular Digital World (something like Digital World Illiad) OR...we have ANOTHER NEW HOST COMPUTER to add to the list. Note the Abrahamic/biblical reference, perhaps this system is related to Digimon's god?

Looking at NEO's profile myself, I think that Adam doesn't refer to a system but to NEO itself as the first of its kind. The parentheses are after the word ÚøøÕ¢ó (model, sample, specimen).

[Source]

I agree. Adam in this instance is the reading of the kanji for "sample".

"it is hypothesized that it might be an Adam(=sample) of "next generation Digimon" sent from the system controlling the Digital World."

[Source]

Apocalymon's feat sounds Low 2-C to me.

Great stuff on those NEO reference books. Seems like NEO has potent Void Manipulation as well. I don't know enough Japanese to vouch on the translation, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back