• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volcanicdramon looks awesome, and it's about time that Sora gets her due.

The lost memories remains as depressing as ever, though it'll be interesting what Daigo and Maki are thinking.

I'm REALLY starting to dislike Meicoomon, since I don't see much in the way of redeeming her at this point.

I don't have a Vita to play Next 0rder or Cyber Sleuth... not that college will let me anyway.

I like Volcanicdramon as well, dude looks like he's straight out of Monster Hunter. Just wish his name sounded more organic. Volcanicdramon sounds broken, but "Volcanodramon" rolls off the tongue.

I'm surprised that they're really going all out with the memory wiped plotline. I thought they would've somehow fixed the whole ordeal it appears that they're not. It's defiantly a game changer, that's for sure. Duuuude, if the 02 DigiDestined every show up, think theirs gonna be a really sad scene where the 02 Partner Digimon realize the 01 Digimon no longer recognize them?

I always got the impression that Meicoomon itself (herself?) is as innocent and kind as other Rookies, but that some sort of infection is making her cause all this mayhem. The plot dump said something along the lines of her crying because she misses Meiko, but who knows? Could be a front to trick the DigiDestined.

From what I heard, the Vita port of Next 0rder may not be coming to the west...despite it confirmed to have a fully functional English translation in the Chinese versions, and from what I've seen, the Vita port seems really limited compared to the PS4 version.

I'm really saddened by the way they treat the 02 DigiDestined. They were taken out by some mysterious force and NO ONE seems to care, not even their closest friends. Nor was the fact that they deleted Imperialdramon given any mind.

I suppose Meicoomon could be as nice as everyone else, but it's hard to take skewering and permanently killing Leomon in stride, even if it's the infection's fault.

Bumping this again, because the trailer to Digimon Adventure Tri 4 was released yesterday. Some big notes from the trailer I noticed.

• MetalSeadramon appears, I guess that basically confirms the already pretty obvious angle they're going for, with the Dark Masters being revived. I remember hearing a theory that the fact that they showed off the Machinedramon may be foreshadowing the anime introduction of the Millenniummon family. Dunno if that's what they're going for, though.
  • WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are already back...
  • Seraphimon!
  • Meiku and Meicoomon are shown together, seemingly in the Digital World
I just wonder if the memory wipe thing is as permanent as they made it seem, since Agumon, Gabumon, Patamon and Biyomon can all warp Digivolve already...God I hope they don't pull a Gravity Falls.

And Appmon already has an Immeasurable Digimon? Nice. I wonder if we're gonna get even more powerful stuff later on, stuff that makes Zeed and Shoutmon look like chump change in comparison..

There is not much information about Deusmon yet, the most that one has is a profile that has not yet been translated and is very vague.

It is only known that it is one of the AppMods of God Grade, that one of its movements is called Initial Zero, besides that it is the application that represents omnipotence (I did not know it had an omnipotent application).

That's the profile, but I could not translate it right.

þÁéþäëÒéÆÒééÒüƒÒéëÒüÖµ£ÇµüÉÒü«µ®ƒµó░þÑ×ÒÇéÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü«ÒéóÒâùÒâ¬þöƒÕæ¢õ¢ôÒü«µäŵÇØÒéÆÕѬÒüäÒÇÇþá┤ÕúèÒüùÕ░¢ÒüÅÒüùÒÇÇÞç¬ÒéëÒü«õ©ÇÚâ¿Òü¿ÒüùÒüªÕÅûÒéèÞ¥╝ÒéÇÞâ¢ÕèøÒéƵîüÒüñÒÇé

Ahh I see, thanks Executor. Yep, definitely expecting some high end feats from him. Hope he doesn't end up like Shakamon, all hype and almost no feats (that I know of).

Probably he can be a villain. After all one of the Appmon that form it (Warudamon) is formed by the villains Sakusimon and Mienumon.

Overall the AppMon of Grade Gob appear to be very powerful, my highest expectations go to Hadesmon, God's form of Hackmon (Which has so far proved to be the most powerful Standard, being able to defeat Appmon 3 with App-Link with a move and change The shape of an entire AR Field with a move of your hand. Besides of course its awesome hacking skills)

So people ship Ash and Kari now..

Anyway, I was thinking. You guys think we should add stats for the Human characters in Digimon by any chance? The 02 Children have a Sub-Rel+ feat, Takato was capable of reacting to a direct blast by Beelzemon and had a enough time to get out of the way, Henry was reacting to "speed of light rotations" and T.K. tanked a crack of the whip to the face like it was nothing. According to this, the crack of a whip generates 9,815 joules, or very low end Wall level.

I've seen Ash x Sora before, now do Ash with Kari? Where will this world stop ...

It is a possibility, Tamers demonstrate not to be ordinary beings and their "emotions" demonstrate to be able to improve them to high levels (Of course there are exceptional cases like Masaru of Digimon Savers or Hikaru of Digimon D-Cyber, but these are quite special cases) This is a very interesting possibility.

In addition DoGatchmon Plus Raidramon demonstrated great feats of speed and destructive power in his confrontation against Sakusimo. I found it quite impressive for a "High Level Adult" still early in the series.. Any idea where these feats can fit in?

What episode are those Gatchmon feats from? I could probably calc them. Might not yield to much but it still be a nice upgrade.

@Darkanine

Gatchmon's feat came from episode 3 (on this streaming site it's around T-Minus 12:20). However, it should be noted that the Golem (a Creeper-expy) initially resisted Gatchmon's attempts to attack it until Haru found a specific strategy to beat it. In addition, the hole wasn't all that big. So I might actually have to change that to "Likely Wall level" instead.

My bad, I should've been more specific. I was asking about those DoGatchmon feats Executor N0 linked., not the Gatchmon wall feat. Anyway, Wall level starts at around 5 Kilojoules. That would just leave cracks in most well built walls AFAIK. Since that Golem tore down walls without an issue, I think he'd safely be in the Wall level spectrum.

So, a few weeks ago, Apocalymons reference book entry + moves were translated into English. I was waiting for the day that happened because a lot of Digimon related to Apocymon had some really cool feats in the lore.

Link

Info dump

A mysterious Digimon that appeared when negative thoughts gathered through dark power. None know its true identity, and whether this thing is a Digimon cannot be analyzed. Although the reason for its appearance is unconfirmed, it is thought that it seeks to purge the chaotic Digital World and return it to "Nothingness". According to one theory, there is a prophecy of Apoclymon's coming in a book of ancient prophecies. Its Special Move is generating an endlessly spreading darkness, which returns everything to "Nothingness" (Darkness Zone). It is said that those engulfed by this darkness lose their sense of orientation in every direction, and are annihilated.
~ Reference Book​
  • Darkness Zone: Transforms things in all directions into darkness and nothingness.
  • Death Evolution: Using its metal claws to force Digimon to devolve.
  • Gran Death Big Bang: Using its metal claws to force Digimon to devolve.
  • Shokushu: Spins around, slicing the opponent with the claws of its tentacles and absorbing their energy.
it is thought that it seeks to purge the chaotic Digital World and return it to "Nothingness".

Interesting...

On a side note, Mephistomon whose related to Apocalymon has this feat in the TCG

Elements of Apocalymon's darkness have transcended dimensions to accomplish an evil evolution!
~ St-417​
Source

Dunno what to make of that.

Higher Dimensional Mephistomon? Maybe. They flat out say transcend dimensions.

If one Transcends Dimensions, then they're 1-A.

The problem with that statement is how outlierish Adventure is going to look, since everyone survived an attack from Apocalymon. In addition, its Gran Death Big Bang attack is not consistent with the self-destruction effect seen in the anime, so I really don't know what to make of this either.

We possibly can get the opinions of others. I mean that's what a question and answer thread/Staff Discussion thread is for. Because this is very confusing. However, that does give us more evidence of Low 1-C-1-C digmon god tiers.

I assume Transcends Dimensions just meant 3-D to 4-D, not the entirety of everything. Who knows, could mean that it trascends the known dimensions (in which there are 5-6). We can probably chop up Tai and gang tanking that blast to be an outlier or PIS brought about by its rushed ending. Dunno what to do about Gran Death Big Bang, however..

Their is a line in Cyber Sleuth that implies God and Zeed are above dimensional existence. I discussed it in chat with Trex and Matt but it was ultimately discarded as Digimon misusing it.

Executor N0 also wrote a blog on another wiki discussing the possibility of 10-20 Dimensional God ad Zeed. I personally didn't agree with it (no offense to Executor) but it is worth a look. heres the link. It's in Portuguese but Google Translate makes it mostly readable.

I think he makes sense here. I believe we can make a case using this and what we know. I mean he has a lot of evidence supporting it. What didn't you agree with?

Maybe I misunderstood something, but I was only disagreeing with the Tamers hierarchy. The post claimed they were higher dimensions when the anime (or at least, the dub) implied them to be more of large continents/planets. Ryo Akiyama even flew from layer to layer near the end of the Digital World arc. Again, could be a misunderstanding on my end.

Going off of memory, most other stuff seemed solid. If I recall, Matt said that we treat an unknown, but plural amount of higher dimensions past 4-D as 1-C while we lowballed it as High 2-A.

Maybe Tier 1 Digimon is a thing after all.

Totally not bringing this up now just because YHVH is getting upgraded to 1-C. Nooope.

@Darkanine

I can try to find English-translated versions of the Xros Wars manga scans if you want before you make a CRT.

Also, this would affect a lot of characters, wouldn't it?

The RKs for surviving Zeed's assault.

The Three Great Angels for inhabiting the same dimensional space as God.

The Seven Great Demon Lords for fighting the above.

The Olympos XII for fighting the Royal Knights.

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode for fighting DarknessBagramon, who posed a threat to God.

And so on...

Well SMT and Digimon are apparantly rivals now so gotta keep the competition close.. XD

But seriously, we can sincerily make a case with this. Who know we may have hit the jackpot here. I wouldn't say 20-D just yet. But 1-C to High 1-C seems fine. Plus we have a whole bunch of small little nods that support it.

Wouldn't this effect the Cyber Sleuth cast as well along with BanchoLeomon?

@Dragon

I mean, I can easily find those same scans in English (for the XROs Wars manga at least):

First three scans.

Last two XROs Wars scans.

You're a life saver Reppu, I was struggling to find those last two. I think the watermarks in the Portuguese copy made them impossible to reverse google search.

The majority of the other scans appear to be in English, but I can try to look around some if you need more help.

Just talked to Executor. He isn't finished with that blog yet. He said he should be done in a few days however.

Also should we perhaps make a Digimon Feat Thread?

Thanks but I found the rest or have a pretty good memory of them.

@Dragonmasterxyz. Think I should post-pone on posting the thread until the blog is finalized?

Well, Executor is pretty well-informed by the looks of things, so I suppose we could wait.

We don't wanna start this thread prematurely. When it comes to stuff like this we'd likely only have one chance. So it's best we wait for all the info. The more info the better.

Understandable. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. The Digital World itself could be 5-D for being greater than the infinite multiverse (I believe), and the Quantum Sea is a "layer" above even that. Sueduo also states that Eaters are so advanced that they have no need for the concept of time and even implies they're beyond the concept of space itself.

Then theirs the fact that the way Suedou mentions "Hyperdimensional space" is could be referring to beyond-dimensional space (keyword: could) and as we all know, God created that and Zeed is almost comparable to God...

Though that could be a stretch. Low 1-C to 1-C Digimon seems doable with the current scans though.

Yeah I feel like we could get 1-C Digimon from this. 20D seems too out there though. But who knows how this will play out.

Hey guys just thought of something. Would Lucemon share the same resistances as the Royal Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back