• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Masters Online seems to hold the sovereigns in high regard, but I don't know enough about that games mechanics or lore to know where they stand. I don't think they'd get any real upgrades though. Neither would Huanglong, I'm afraid.

Welp okay then. I was just curious, Didn't really expect them two. Out of the Digimon supporters here I'm the only one not that familiar with their lore. The irony considering I'm the one who always the first to defend them.

It's fine. Digimon lore is a freaking mess at this point anyway. Thread should be done tomorrow since I had most the work done today. All I need to do is fill out the section regarding Apocalymon's darkness and rewatch the ending of Cyber Sleuth to see what the context of the scans Executor N0 posted are.

I remember the context on Hyperdimensional, but I totally didn't notice when Suedo actually straight up said "A higher dimension extends over countless parallel worlds"

Not only that he says dimensions with a emphasis on the "s". So no one can say there is only 1 dimension as well. Things are looking more and more on the up and up.

So umm looking a Moon's file it is a minor problem but in the description about him becoming Zeed when the crystal breaks Zeed is spelled Xeed.

Zeed/Xeed/Ziyd are all different spellings of the same character. I think Moon's summary is ripped from the Digimon Wiki, so I should fix that down the line.

Honestly Digimon are extreamely overestimated as i see. Also is Digimon a Gaming Franchise ? I am confused about that so can someone please answer

Chris Leo said:
Honestly Digimon are extreamely overestimated as i see. Also is Digimon a Gaming Franchise ? I am confused about that so can someone please answer
Technically it is both an anime and game franchise. Mostly anime though. Also overestimated? How so?

Chris Leo said:
Digimon is a multi-media franchise consisting of anime, manga, american comicbooks, video games, CDs, pet sims etc. Its not really a game or anime franchise, but those two are the most popular aspects of the series.

I'm playing Lost Evolution taking some information, I got this scene where Agumon answers the question about the Digital World being a planet, it confirms that the Digital World is not a planet but a totally different world. This in addition to confirming that the Digital World is not a planet, but also indicates that the general meaning of the world for the digimon is universe and not planet. This is the translation of the scene:

Digital World https://imgur.com/gallery/SAymN Agumon: That monster is also a Digimon like me, and is called Numemon They were always partners with The Bandits in the Digital World ...but why did they suddenly decide to abandon him...?

Character: Is the Digital world the planet where you guys came from?

Agumom: It's not a planet but a whole different world

I've been slouching on following Appmon. Is it good? I've heard a few negative things about the pacing but otherwise it seems good.

@Darkanine

I've also been slacking on Appmon, but from what I've seen it's your typical Saturday morning cartoon flick. Nothing too groundbreaking thus far, but I'll admit that I'm not as attached to it as previous Digimon entries.

There's a good deal of reused animation and quite a bit of CGI (which at least gets lampshaded), but the plot is average at best at the moment.

This coming from a guy who doesn't mind change. But Appmon just seems too distant from the Digimon I appreciate. For me Data Squad/Savers was the last Digimon Series I watched that fully hooked me. It felt like the Digimon I grew up with.

So Tri 4 is out http://ww1.*********.io/digimon-adventure-tri-4-soushitsu-episode-4

Welll...that happened. Can't say it was a boring experience, that's for sure. Just a few thoughts:

• W-Why did Gennai lick Sora?
  • Universe level Dark Masters?
  • Gabumon not only seriously hurt MetalSeadramon but deflected an attack from Machindramon.
  • Gennai Black has pretty good feats actually, effortlessly tossing aside Meicoomon and breaking Palmons Poison Ivy. I might make a page for him.
  • Jou managed to overpower him too. I wonder if I should add the stats for the humans. They got really good speed feats and now good AP feats.
  • The digivolution sequences near the end lasted longer than the final battle...
Some of my opinions:

• The animation is pretty rough as always, lots of still frames, but the still frames are handled in a much better way then they were in Part 2. However, the characters themselves were well animated.
  • The OST was good as always, but the singer behind the OP just sounds bored.
  • They handled the Digivolutions way better then I expected, but the pacing was still pretty bad.

Meh...didn't enjoy Tri Part 4 much. Part 3 was much better. They didn't really need Seraphimon or HerculesKabuterimon for that Machinedramon fight, Phoenixmon could've soloed him on her own. The CG in the sequences was especially bad this time around.

I'm surprised nobody here is watching Appmon. The plot is coming along nicely and definitely much better and improved than the initial episodes. As a bonus, the feats are also superb.

Globemon's entrance is a throwback to Our War Game and featwise is amazing too: Must watch if you haven't already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpysWAWWmzU

Latest episode had Weatherdramon creating a typhoon over Japan and which is calced to be around island-small country level.

I didn't really enjoy it either, but Gennai was to damn crazy. Seraphimon and HerkalesKabuterimon felt so wasted, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon also seemed a bit forced. I barely remember the actual plot, though that's been an issue I've had with Tri in general, I hardly remember the plot and only remember the "big damn hero moments"

Still want answers on what happened to the 02 Chosen...

I seriously need to catch up on Appmon. Guess today is a good enough day to start...Do you have a link to the calc, by the way?

Ah, I see. I'll remake it when the episode airs, then.

So from what I've gathered for Apocalymon so far, I think his stats should be changed to:

Tier: Low 2-C. 2-C via Gran Death Big Bang

Attack Potency: Universe level+ (His Darkness was said to have transcended the dimensions, and was cited as being "endless" by Gennai. It is said that he wishes to "purge" the entire Digital World, and with his attack "Darkness Zone", will leave it as a void of Nothingness. His mere existence caused distortions of space-time throughout the Digital World and crumbled many locations of the digital world into Nothingness. His power was used to create the Dark Masters, who did battle against The Four Holy Beast). Multi-Universe level via Gran Death Big Bang (Can wipe out multiple universes in a single explosion, however this is a suicide attack)

Speed: Unknow. Possibly Immeasurable (His darkness was capable of transcending the dimensions)

So the next movie poster shows a fallen ophanimon and the mega form of meicoomon..... I don't even know anymore.

Perhaps I'm out of hype, just saw the 4th movie which while I did kinda enjoy, left me really unsatisfied and a little creeped out.(Thank rapey gennai for that one, gotta say did not expect him to be that creepy)

"I don't even know anymore" was basically my summed up reaction to the movie after giving it deeper though.

I'm gonna have to rewatch Episode 1 later to check up on the Dark Masters lore bomb. If they were truly made to oppose The Four Holy Beast, then they could be Universe level, which means Universal WarGreymon, but that seems a bit...much.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
...I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed it.....I'm sad now......

I also liked it, although other people I know also hated the OVA ;-;

In my opinion it was an interesting OVA, but it suffered from the same flaws of others putting unnecessary scenes and solving the plot from one hour to another without a good analysis of the situation. I hope the next OVA's will not suffer from it.

Overall we got interesting information.

The reboot was confirmed to have been done by Yggdrasil, which explains why no backup was made by Homeostasis as it was in Adventure (After all Yggdrasil has a bad history of not telling the Digimon what is happening).

Also it is confirmed that Adventure is happening on the server of Yggdrasil (Xros Wars and World X gave tips on this, but this time it is a direct statement).

Once again it is confirmed that the original chosen were the tamers of the sacred beasts, this had already been confirmed in Novel. In addition the CD Drama that shows the first appearance of Rosemon gave clues of which Digimon became each one of the beasts. It makes me happy to know that the current director knows about Novel created by the old writers who sought to solve problems in the history of the original animation.

Once again we see an avatar of Yggdrasil based on something pre-existing, in this case Gennai, which indicates that possibly almost everything in the name of Yggdrasil that we saw is only a preexisting entity copied by Yggdrasil (7D6 is a copy of Gaia , Yggdrasil Core is a "copy" of the crystals of Homeostasis, Norn would be a copy of a human, Barbamon volunteered to be an avatar and possibly the form we see in X-Evolution is a copy of ENIAC / ABC).

Meicoomon being the balance of the Digital World is interesting, in addition the Ultimate form of it according to some looks like a lion snake that beats with some representations of Demiurge. The introduction of OVA 01 begins to make sense.

Huckmon's voice is very different from what I expected, I do not know if I misunderstood ... But he was the narrator of the beginning of OVA 01 and 02?

With the reboot Digimon that were dead in the human world can re-exist, maybe this will start linking Adventure to Xros Wars. After all, at some point after Adventure, Tailmon gained reason to look up Wizardmon's data until they both appeared together in Xros Wars, maybe TRI is bringing an explanation for that.

I have great expectations for OVA 5.

Darkanine said:
Gennai Black has pretty good feats actually, effortlessly tossing aside Meicoomon and breaking Palmons Poison Ivy. I might make a page for him.

One more thing, in an interview it was said that the dimension that appeared in OVA 2 was a Gennai creation (He refers to it as Mysterious Man, but now we all know who he is ).

Q: What's the identity of the digital dimension featured in Chapter 2?

A: It's one of the three worlds: The Real World, Digital World, and Digital Dimension. Only, that Digital Dimension was a gimmick created by the mystery man, so it had a special trait where, while Gomamon and Palmon were able to enter it, the other Digimon who all arrived later were unable to enter. (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/digimon/comments/4wpkdb/spoilers_digimon_tri_chapter_3_interview_with/)

Also as explained by the character himself he is not the same Gennai as before, I believe he is just an avatar of Yggdrasil. Just like the first Gennai told in the Novel that he was a Homeostasis agent.

I think it's good to have two keys. One of the Gennai's Homeostasis Agents and the Gennai Avatar of Yggdrasil.

Yggdrasil REALLY needs to let people know what he's doing. We already have a conflict between 3 Royal Knights (Omegamon, Jesmon and Alphamon), this is gonna end up like Data Squad in a minute, i.e they are gonna have to fight all of the Royal Knights...

I heard Omegamon Zwart has a Low 2-C feat. Not sure if theres anything greater though.

Do I add the resistances to all the Royal Knights, or just the ones who "fought" Zeed? Because I noticed Magnamo and Examo have no resistances.

I also don't remember seeing Omegamon, Jesmon, Kentaurosmon or Alphamon fight Zeed but they have the resistances. It could just be that we forgot. We also forgot Gankoomon.

Yeah, I think the only ones who actually "fought" Zeed was Dynasmon, and...well.

I'll add it to Magnamon and Examon then.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Question. How strong is the Next 0rder cast?

Well ... Omegamon Alter-B after absorbing the Digital World was said to have the power to destroy all the barriers that separate all the worlds and according to I saw if he released that energy all the worlds would be destroyed.

It is interesting to remember that according to Shoma this was the energy of the Big Bang, so the creation in question must refer to the whole multiverse.

I think ... What if the Big Bang mentioned in Seraphimon's profile is that bigbang? It would be very interesting :v

And ... Only I found it interesting that he would do all this using only the power of a Digital World?

Even more 2-A feats, nice! Good find.

We already count Seraphimons big bang as a real one. By the way, should Seraphimon be Large Planet level instead of Planet level via scaling off of Lucemo? Lucemons calc was in the Ninaton range, so its really high in the 5-A spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back