• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Those of us who grew up with digimon would never have guessed that the series would be as strong as it is now. But i bet some are just confused by Digimon's sudden power buff while others just want to talk about how OP digimon has become now. Well this thread would be helpful for those people.

Well, the upgrades were inevitable. Digimon has spanned a multiverse since Adventure, and arguably even earlier. The wonderswan games and Tamers implied the possibility of an infinite multiverse but Cyber Sleuth confirmed it. While their have always been a few characters who could effect the multiverse at large (God, ENIAC, ABC and of course, Zeed), the newer series really made it scalable to a lot of characters.

As for a more general topic, anyone else excited for Appmon? Cyber Sleuth took a lot of queues from SMT, but Appmon seems to be directly inspired by the DeSu sub-series, which is cool. I also heard rumors of the main baddy being multi-dimensional!

Tier 1 Digimon is always seeming or and more feasible xD

it really is. Also is it just me or does Digimon and SMT make a great combo.

A multiverse is very old in the franchise. If we analyze the simple concept of DW and RW already indicate a Multiverse (Considering the DW before the Next 0rder, yes he apparently brought changes in what is DW) and if we looked we would find various indications of this. Nanimon according to his official profile came from another universe and his name was Oyaji,strange. Wizardmon would come from Witchelny and before reaching the main digital world have traveled several other universes.

" While Wizarmon had traveled through many different worlds before, looking at the door gave him the nasty feeling that this would be his last journey."

Dragonmasterxyz said:
it really is. Also is it just me or does Digimon and SMT make a great combo.

It really does, which is weird if you think about it, since both series have radically different tones. Digimon is almost always about the bond that grows between a group of friends as they take the responsability to save the world or even "all worlds", while SMT almost always involves you...killing your friends at some point (RIP Isabeau ;-;)

@Excutor N0

Additionally, the very first appearance of Nanimon would indicate multiple universes (he's canonically from the Tamagotchi-verse). Not sure if he was around before Adventure though.

I'm sorry for bumping this but....I just finished watching Digimon Adventure Tri 3. Great movie, but it was so sad...I was legitimately holding back tears throughout the whole thing. Soundtrack was so on point, visuals were waaaaay better than Tri 2, character moments were great. It was hilarious and hopeful, but very emotional.

It also had pretty good feats and it gave some insight on the cosmology of Digimon. Greymon might be getting a pretty big upgrade and Adventure era Yggdrasil might be Multiversal+

I rewatched that Homeostasis scene and in hindsight they never say it can affect "all possible worlds", but after hyping it (her?) up as some all power deity and then mentioning "all worlds" does make me suspect some Multiversal stuff.

People are suspecting that the Machinedramon in the "Loss" poster may be alluding to Millenniummon. Cobble that with the allusion to a Multiversal threat and we might see some huge upgrades in the next few flicks. All I want to see is WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon to become solid Planet level characters though.

I hope this doesn't come off as a spoiler, but people claim theirs a scene in "Loss" with Kairi marching in the Dark Sea. Hyped to see where that's going..

Mixed. Some of it looks really good and theg gameplay looks fun, but the anime and manga seems pretty bland from what they've showed off. I'll give it a shot though, assuming the games get translated. Although, all this talk of the "Reboot" in Tri 3 + The Appmon stuff is making me kind of worried.

The feat of writing a cast of unique, diverse characters all with strengths and weaknesses and good characterization. That's why I loved the anime and even games to begin with lol.

In terms of strength, I dunno. I don't want it to be crazy OP like XROS Wars was were everyone is either Universal or Multiversal, I like build up and gradual progression.

@Gallant

Well, Multi-Universe implies that it can instantly bust multiple universes... which it clearly isn't in that showing.

If he gets a profile, he'll probably be scaled to UlforceVeedramon and such (which would make him 3-A via power-scaling to the rest of hte Royal Knights).

Anyways, Tri is getting so damn depressing. Imperialdramon got offed like another monster of the week. Davis, Yolei, and co. disappeared and no one seems to care. All of the partners get their memories wiped. Adults are being assholes who are trying to exploit Digimon...

Yeah, Tri is depressing. I actually cried during the scene where HerackleKabutermon and all the other Digimon hugged each other as their memories were getting wiped. On a side note, the music in Tri 3 was great.

The 02 kids missing is one of the few things that I really dislike about Tri so far. Seriously, Takeru and Hikari have acknowledged the fact that the 02 Kids are gone, and actually went to look for them for a few minutes then stopped. Ken actually being Gennai (Gennai Black?) is certainly interesting to say the least...

Anyone else like how Tai and Matt weren't the main characters of Tri 3? I mean I love Tai as a character but this wasn't his story and he only makes a few brief appearances in it, it's actually pretty nice.

Part of me is starting to think that the only reason Matt went to space is to get away from everyone else, lol.

So I was watching a bit of Tri 3 earlier to patch up the profiles, and did anyone else notice how during the final battle, Herakle Kabuterimon casually blocks a direct hit from WarGreymon but gets grievously injured from Togemon? Togemon2op

Also, a guy on Reddit sent me over a gigabyte worth of Digimon feats. That outta be interesting...

Darkanine:
Also, a guy on Reddit sent me over a gigabyte worth of Digimon feats. That outta be interesting...

may i see those feats :0 im also patching up the feats of Death-Xmon

So uh...I just noticed something. In Adventure, Etemon said that after he was killed, his body was scattered across the Universe and he "pulled himself" back together. I'll check what the sub says after awhile to see if thats a dub only line or not. If its legit, what do you guys think of it?

The statement is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcvylMWNY8

Starts at around 0:55

As for that feat dump I got, I just got to extracting it. I'll defiantly post anything interesting in it. By the way, I just started reading the V1 manga, the one with Tai and Zero. I'll make the relevant pages once I'm finished. Universal Tai is so hype.

Finally got around to watching it. It was pretty good! I couldn't understand a lick of it but it was fun. The pacing was really weird though, like when he was walking through his hallway and then he's suddenly in what looks like a mall embarrassed. Maybe it'll make more sense when its subbed.

Also, Gatchmon might already be one of the strongest rookies in the anime (not counting Lucemon stuff), assuming that emoji Appmon warped all those buildings himself. I wonder if we can use that POWER gauge for scaling down the line.

Hot damn it's been over two weeks since this thread has been updated.

So what do you guys think of Appmon so far? I think it's pretty good, primarily because of the fact that it leans so heavily on the Fourth Wall ("Are you a main character?" and "Wow, he even looks like CGI!" anyone?) and the animation is stellar (albeit, they reuse a lot of it as per the standard in Digimon).

Plus, it's nice to have another Takato-esque protagonist.

I'd recommend it. Right now, a lot of veteran Digimon fans are turned off by the fact that Appmon is going it's own route and is breaking some of the old traditions (even though a lot of the things are the same, with the leveling system being renamed if anything. Granted, the lack of proper Digivolution is a little troubling, but series as a whole is pretty tight so far in my opinion.

I have good memories of virtually every season. Even the mess that Xros Wars was ended up coming out better than you'd think (though I recommend the manga's plot over the anime's any day).

@Reppuzan would the appmon creating AR fields be a form of pocket reality warping. Example: Roleplaymon was able to create his own RPG world as his domain, where he resided, and affect any actual RPG servers as well as turning the traffic,train,telephone,etc. networks into an RPG style which he did to cause mischeif.

I haven't been keeping up with Appmon much, though I will soon. I really liked episode 1. I don't get why people would say Appmon is too different though. Adventure, Tamers and Frontier were all very different from each other and were awesome (Seriously, I just started re-watching Frontier awhile back and its one of the most fun anime I've seen in awhile).

The game looks pretty fun too, I really like turn-based competitive games. Though, I could really get down with another 300+ Hour Digimon game like Cyber Sleuth..

@Gallant

Maybe, though I'd like to see more episodes so we can learn about the Appmons and how they interact in AR Fields before we jump to conclusions, since Roleplaymon is the only one to do so thus far.

Bump. Some (hopefully relevant) stuff happened recently.

-I'm not sure if anyone follows it, but Digimon Adventure Tri 3 Abridged recently came out. A lot of people considered Tri abridged 1-2 better than the source material since they arguably handled a lot of the drama/character development better.

-The basic plot of Digimon Tri 4 - Loss was released and fan-translated. Here's some details from it.

• Despite having their memories wiped, the partner Digimon of the DigiDestined begin to quickly rebuild their bonds with their human partners and quickly Digivolve into Rookies. Well, all except Biyomon whose distrusting to Sora and the rest of the DigiDestined. Considering that Biyomon is confirmed to eventually digivolve into Houhoumon/Phoenixmon, you can probably see where this is going.
  • It's strongly implied that their memories are gone...for good. It be wild if they got completely new Digivolution paths, but I doubt they do that.
  • Meicoomon still remembers Meiko. Weird...
  • "A man who followed the Dark Masters" appears before the DigiDestined. A lot of people are theorizing that its Dark Gennai but that seems waaaay to obvious.
  • Maki disappears from the real world, which leads Daigo to look for her. I personally always had a theory that Maki and Daigo were apart of the original DigiDestined [It seems to add up so far], who knows, maybe Maki's partner Digimon will be something wicked like Lucemon.
-A new Digimon called "Volcanicdramon" came out. Nothing really impressive with its lore and no confirmed Digivolution pathways yet, but with the amount of hype Bandai is giving it, it's probably gonna be pretty big in some continuity.

-Digimon World: Next 0rder is coming out relatively soon. MagnaGarurumon and KaizerGreymon are confirmed to be in it! Finally some frontier love.

-Some images on a new black Bug Digimon came out. People think its gonna be a reskin of Heracle Kabuterimon or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back