• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Different keys for Legends Darth Vader ?

It doesn't seem right to have a single key for legends Darth Vader, his power increased massively throughout his career as a sith lord, he should have different keys for different versions of him.

@the everlasting:

not necessarily.

Besides, it will eliminate people bringing up low showings of a pre-prime vader in vs threads and crts.

Hellbeast1 said:
What do you propose? Like Just after ROTS Vader and Prime Vader?
I was thinking-

just after rots - tfu1 (High 6-A- Could somewhat compete with Galen Marek and should not be weaker than Yarael Poof)

tfu2 and a new hope (Atleast High 6-A- Significantly more powerful than Starkiller whom he easily ragdolled and who was unable to even go to Juno Eclipse's side. Durability- Starkiller was completely unable to damage him except by using an electrical attack to damage his life support equipment)

TESB Vader (Atleast High 6-A, Likely Far Higher- was vastly superior to his previous self)

ROTJ/Prime Vader (Possibly 4-B- was able to restrain the Emperor. Vastly superior to Dark Empire Luke. Stated to be 80% of Sidious by Word Of God. Durability- Withstood prolonged exposure to Darth Sidious' force lightning despite being weak to electrical attacks.)

I disagree with 4-B though i could see some upgrades going throught eventually, ask Bruce the Batman to know what i mean.

I wouldn't say he's vastly superior to Dark Empire Luke, more in the same league.

However, Lumiya and Sedriss are both weaker than Darth Vader by a significant margin (otherwise Palpatine would've had them kill Vader, as they were both more loyal than Vader, but both much weaker)

Lumiya was taught a little bit prior in the Dark Side, but Vader was her real teacher. Lumiya is a character consistently portrayed as comparable to 4-B Luke (though during Legacy of The Force, after she trained Caedus, Luke killed her rather easily iirc, though by this point Luke has surpassed Sidious in power, and his only real peer was Caedus)

Sedriss was Palpatine's second-in-command during Dark Empire, and was stated to be his most powerful servant, second only to the deceased Vader according to Handbook 3: Dark Empire, which states the following

" Perhaps the strongest disciple of Palpatine after Darth Vader, Executor Sedriss remained loyal to the Emperor after the death of his clone over the Rebel's Pinnacle Base."

Both of them are absolutely weaker than Vader (otherwise Palps would've replaced him, again, like he tried with Starkiller and Luke), though I believe Lumiya is closer to him than Sedriss. Lumiya was a recurring enemy of Luke, and Sedriss gave Luke a decent fight in Dark Empire (while also killing several fodder characters easily)

"Lumiya is a character consistently portrayed as comparable to 4-B Luke (though during Legacy of The Force, after she trained Caedus, Luke killed her rather easily iirc, though by this point Luke has surpassed Sidious in power, and his only real peer was Caedus)"

After literally nearly 40 years after Return of the Jedi. That doesn't count.

Sedriss was vaporized by something that Luke tanked without a scratch.

Addressing the OP now.

No.

Those jumps are away too lenient.

I'll also bring up that Joruus C'baoth is stated to be comparable to Darth Vader, and he got killed by Mara Jade.

Nothing suggests that Lumiya grew significantly in power

Ood Bnar and Sedriss killed eachother in that blast. Luke was blown back by it. I would hesitate to label it a "without a scratch feat". But even so, Neither of them were trying to hurt Luke, instead eachother. Lastly, Luke might not be a tier above either, but he is stronger than them by a significant margin, ala Dooku to Kenobi

Except having much better feats than she previously had with the ROTJ-era comics? Also, that's not an excuse unless you're willing to believe she somehow didn't train at all over 36 years.

The fact that he wasn't injured at all still shows Luke >>> Sedriss.

Regardless, Bruce, this is massively inconsistent and we've been over this multiple times.

BruceTheBatman said:
The Everlasting said:
I'll also bring up that Joruus C'baoth is stated to be comparable to Darth Vader, and he got killed by Mara Jade.
And your point is? Mara Jade gave Caedus a difficult fight
30 years later, yes.

Stop acting like the characters don't grow in power at all over literally decades.

That's exactly what you're doing with Vader, though. ROTJ Vader is the only time Vader is stronger than Anakin, before then being a "broken shadow of his former self", and appropriately having his best feat then

But I already know this is gonna be an agree-to-disagree debate at best, and apparently there's a rule against this now, so why don't you just close this?

Vader does too, given that he went from being a broken shadow to competing with someone more or less comparable to Anakin (Galen Marek), being stronger than his clone to the point he could at best hope for a stalemate, and then many years later at his prime tanking Sidious' full power.

But again, I know this is gonna go nowhere

Back