• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diego Brando vs Jotaro Kujo GRACE

Quibster

She/Her
Diego Brando from Another Universe vs Jotaro Kujo

Both are 8-C

Speed is Equalized

Post-Dio's World Part 3 Jotaro is being used.

Diego Brando from Another Universe is being used.

Diego Brando does not have access to his horse, Silver Bullet, or any other equipment. Same goes for Jotaro. No Equipment.

Battle takes place on the streets of Egypt.

MUDA DA: 0

YARE YARE DAZE: 8 (Armorchompy, Bakihanma18, X_Squared, Eficiente, KnightOfSunlight, Listentomyrhytm, UltimateFlare, TheQuirkyBoy)

THUNDERCLUSIVE: 0

I think this was already done, and Jotaro won cause... this is just Dio but without regen and shorter timestop.

Both of them have 5 seconds of timestop.

Edit: And can move freely within stopped time at the cost of their own seconds of stopped time.

Dio AU is incredibly analytical. He figured out a way to defeat Tusk Act 4 (By cutting off his own leg, using Johnny's infinite spin rotation against him), and will use any means necessary for victory, even if it means gaining an advantage in battle at the cost of a limb.

However, Jotaro has experience with with timestop users. (Awakened Dio Brando, who could stop time for 9 seconds), and his Star Platinum is considered to be the strongest stand of parts 3 and 4.

This match just makes my brain hurt...

Against timestop users, Jotaro's move is pretending not to have timestop, and then hitting them when they're in range. No reason that wouldn't work really.

Gotta vote Jotaro. While not as analytical as Diego, Jotaro is quite clever as well. With his experience plus dealing with a similarly clever, regenerating opponent with longer TS, Jotaro takes it mid-High diff

Yeah Jotaro FRA.

He already defeated DIO (Base and Awakened) who had regen, a longer time stop and very similar tactics.

Also, while Diego's profile states THE WORLD should be comparable to DIO's The World, I'm gonna have to say Star Platinum is stronger, more durable, and even faster than THE WORLD just because it actually fought an amped DIO and The World simaltaneously and kept up with an amped SIlver Chariot wielding two swords and without it's armor on one arm. THE WORLD should be comparable to The World and it's stats, but Star Platinum is definitely equal to and likely above the latter just due to the amount of feats it has.

Even then, despite Diego being a good tactician, Jotaro is as well. One glance at Diego (with the large DIO on his hat and THE WORLD at his side) and Jotaro is gonna immediately know what he's up against. Jotaro will likely let Diego come to him after he stops time and then donut him with SP once he gets too close. So yeah, with SP's marginally better stats and Jotaro's experience with DIO, he shouldn't lose here.

Diego only knew what to do against johnny due to prep and a warning, it wasnt an on the spot thing he deduced, funny warned him in detail. Just an fyi.

Pretty decisive for Joot-doot.

He realizes Diego can stop time as soon as he pulls out THE WORLD and pretends he can't move, then caves Deigo's head in when he gets close.

If Deigo doesn't get close, it gets a bit closer as a match, but given Jotaro's win against DIO, it's pretty clear who wins.

Jotaro asspulls GG no re.

But in all seriousness, Jotaro wins because he fought Awakened DIO who is a stronger DIO with Regenerationn, Diego's THE WORLD is comparable to The World, and Awakened The World is a stronger version of The World. Besides, Jotaro can pull some, if not the exact same tactics he did against DIO, up to the point where he bashes DIO's skull, since Diego has no way of surviving that at all unlike DIO.

>"Awakened The World is a stronger version of The World"

It's not tho, DIO got stronger, not his Stand. Heck scaling THE WORLD to The World is also a headcanon but that's another thing altogether.

Eficiente said:
>"Awakened The World is a stronger version of The World"
It's not tho, DIO got stronger, not his Stand. Heck scaling THE WORLD to The World is also a headcanon but that's another thing altogether.
To be fair, it's probably at least a bit stronger. If it's truly the same type of stand it wouldve got stronger upon more usage while fighting Jotaro. Plus Dio drops a line at the end after going high saying Stand Power at maximum! implying the before, his stand power was in fact not at, uh maximum?

I mean, a stand's strength is often parallel to the user's well being, so i can see it being stronger.

Chariot190 said:
To be fair, it's probably at least a bit stronger. If it's truly the same type of stand it wouldve got stronger upon more usage while fighting Jotaro. Plus Dio drops a line at the end after going high saying Stand Power at maximum! implying the before, his stand power was in fact not at, uh maximum?
This same type of Stand doesn't look the same, can't suck air at superhuman speeds and can't stretch its fingers. It's just the same type of Stand on the sense of the time stopping ability and similar stats (which I would like them to be the same, but whatever). DIO doesn't imply that, if anything, The World failing to overpower SP and DIO using his own punches implies he himself got stronger, he added that to his Stand's punches+a steamrolle+gravity and Jotaro was still briefly able to keep up with only SP's punches.

So yeah, The World being always equal to SP in strength is the best we can go for it in that, it can even be seen as generous.

>This same type of Stand doesn't look the same

Neither does Stands that are litterally the same, like the world and the world.

>can't suck air at superhuman speeds and can't stretch its fingers.

Actually it probably can, there's no reason to assume The World cant suck, it wasnt some special power, SP just inhaled. As for Star Finger, the explanation for that is SP focues energy in one point to use it, The World probably could if he knew of it. In the same vain he could probably use size manipulation like kak or pol if he knew he could.

>It's just the same type of Stand on the sense of the time stopping ability and similar stats (which I would like them to be the same, but whatever).

I think it's a bit more then that, I think it's a bit more like the darby brothers.

>DIO doesn't imply that, if anything, The World failing to overpower SP and DIO using his own punches implies he himself got stronger, he added that to his Stand's punches+a steamrolle+gravity and Jotaro was still briefly able to keep up with only SP's punches.

Wot, Dio litterally says he's going all out now and he's pushing his stand power to the maximum, then proceeding to overpower SP with The World. That kinda says that up to that point, The World wasnt at maximum power, because he says as much. Dio himself did get stronger too, he says that also.

>So yeah, The World being always equal to SP in strength is the best we can go for it in that, it can even be seen as generous.

SP is actually stronger then the world at it's peak according to wog, it's just that initially SP wasnt as strong. Definitely comparable though even at his peak. Also the stand getting stronger with usage is more of a general thing, I was just using SP as the main example and that the world should be close to that due to similiarity, sp the most blatant example of it in the shortest amount of time. (Although CD was stated to get stronger over the course of Part 4 a bit with usage). Although this topic kinda unimportant for the thread so idk.

The first is a very clear false equivalence.

The second ignores how both things require characteristics not all Stands have, like The World. Also there is this thing called burden of proof, it probably could? How about it probably couldn't? That's more likely.

The third, I mean, both stopping time is already a lot, isn't it? Even then, one could read minds so there it goes that.

Could you show that?

SP is absolutely stronger.

My point was that them not looking the same doesnt mean much, when stands that are effectively similar in most ways still look different, stands' appearances vary, not on what they can do (part 8 and 4 kq look the same but are different but the world and the world look different but are the same) but on the users' spirit. Also pretty sure Telence can do that because he's just more skilled with his stand, amd its soul reading not ind reading.

Yes, and the inhale required nothing The World doesnt have, if they're essentially identical and SP does something via something The World doesnt lack, especially when it's physical based, The World by all acounts should be capable of replcating it. Star Finger I agree is very iffy though. And actually that'd be shifting the burden of proof in your case. You have to prove that SP has something that allows him to do the big suck that The World cant. That's a feat that there's actually zero reson to asume he cant, he has all thing things that would allow him to do so as it's a physical bsased feat.

Not really, because when it was said theyre the same type of stands Jotaro didnt even know he could move in stopped time, he learned that he could off Dio, it stands to reason that Dio could learn things from SP in turn if theyre essentially identical in nature.

Show what? The maximum quote?
SPVSTW1
SPVSTW2
SPVSTW3
Here i guess.
I said that, SP is the strongest stand according to numerous statements up till part 5. It's undeniable that SP is physically the strongest and fstest stand in existence up to part 5, hell it's actually straight up said.

That's something that could be done if it had the same or lesser power given context. That thing DIO says can be interpreted in a few ways, some mean the Stand got stronger, not the case for the others that are just as valid. And that's from those pages alone, due to the pages before and after, it's clear that The World wasn't stronger.

Eficiente said:
That's something that could be done if it had the same or lesser power given context. That thing DIO says can be interpreted in a few ways, some mean the Stand got stronger, not the case for the others that are just as valid. And that's from those pages alone, due to the pages before and after, it's clear that The World wasn't stronger.
And The World is stronger then when a casual early-mid SP did his succ.

Not really, all he says is that Stand Power is now at maximum which means prior to that it wasnt at maximum. And he's clearly talking about actual power as Dio proceeds to summon and physically attack Jotaro upon claiming that. Im just saying Dio's The World should be a bit stronger then it was at the start of the fight, not that it's above SP.

Yes, Sp is stronger then The World. Nobody is denying that, in fact I got several statements that I can post that put SP over the world with little issue. It's just that SP didnt start off stronger then the world, he had to get mad to compare and then he had to get even more pissed off to close the gap and overpower him after Dio's quote above (Jotaro even says as much, he's failing because he's not mad enough. And we know anger can cause a spike in stand power, see Pol, or uh, Jotaro in that exact instance) but when SP is at its best, yeah he's undeniably stronger then the world.

Chariot190 said:
Not really, all he says is that Stand Power is now at maximum which means prior to that it wasnt at maximum. And he's clearly talking about actual power as Dio proceeds to summon and physically attack Jotaro upon claiming that. Im just saying Dio's The World should be a bit stronger then it was at the start of the fight, not that it's above SP.
Stands aren't as strong when the user is notably harmed, that was the case for DIO due to his battle with Jotaro. He heal himself and now his Stand power is at maximum. There. Was it that hard? It's not as if he said that his Stand was stronger or anything.

And no, his connection to his body isn't the same as being harmed, that's just him not being as strong as he could be while still being notably superhuman. Like old Pol having the same spiritual power as before.

You should consider being more open and not just say no to others saying that there can be more interpretations.

>Stands aren't as strong when the user is notably harmed, that was the case for DIO due to his battle with Jotaro. He heal himself and now his Stand power is at maximum. There. Was it that hard? It's not as if he said that his Stand was stronger or anything.

Dio wasnt notably harmed though, he was just having issues adapting to his new body, hell only his regen is actually mentioned to be weaker but that's besides the point. Unless you mean he was weaker from getting his face caved in? But that's a bit of a sus point when The World was fighting SP throughout and went from stronger than SP to weaker then SP to weaker again but SP is even more pissed off after drinking josephs blood to a bit stronger after making that maximum claim to weaker again when Jotaro says that he needs to get even more angry and next time he sees Dio he's probably gonna bust a vein and finally killing The World in a cross counter while 200% angery. The World still got stronger, so the claim is still right regardless of why one thinks he did. Dio wasnt using The World at full power prior to when he said that otherwise he wouldnt of explicitly made note of that, at this point onward, his Stand Power is at it's maximum (then proceeding to use it to punch the shit out of Jotaro, cementing that yes, he means actual power). Also why would Dio be talking about his stand power being at maximum with the implication being that he healed he's no longer damaged so it's back to normal? He already finished talking about that why would he randomly go back to talking about him being fully healed again and he actually clashed with SP using The World after being healed but before making that statement so he was that assumption is actually very unlikely given that sequence of events (having already traded blows with SP after being healed but before making that quote and kicking SP) plus the pages prior and the lines he stated seconds before were all about him breaking limits in regards to his stands timestop and his own physical strength. The fact that line is coupled with those should have the implication that his stand's power is now at its peak, while before it wasnt (especially because it then immediatly proceeded to kick SP's face in, which he shouldnt of been able to do against SP if he was at the same strength he was like a minute prior or even less then a second ago). Also I'm pretty sure I just repeated the same argument twice, sorry, I started typing went and did a hunt then continued typing after like an hour.

>And no, his connection to his body isn't the same as being harmed, that's just him not being as strong as he could be while still being notably superhuman. Like old Pol having the same spiritual power as before.

I dont even know what youre trying to say here? idk. But old pol actually heavily implies himself that his spiritual strength has dwindled a bit from his prime despite what Diavolo said so that's actually a bit of a toss up on if it did or didnt. I like to think it did (because he kinda says so) but not enough to where it's super noticeable (as diavolo semed to think it was the same).

>You should consider being more open and not just say no to others saying that there can be more interpretations.

I just said not really, and it's true, The World was stronger then it was before after making that statement, he proceeds to unleash the worlds full power and manages to overpower SP breifly with one kick while seconds ago, before making that claim he was actually a tad weaker and lost a clash. That's why I think your claim of it being because he healed damage doesnt add up because he already clased with SP after healing.

Back